XP for gathering herbs and ore?

Why do the herbalist and mining professions give xp for performing the action but profssions like skinning do not? just curious not complaining.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
12/26/2010 2:56 PMPosted by Kelendera
Why do the herbalist and mining professions give xp for performing the action but profssions like skinning do not? just curious not complaining.

Though I cannot speak for our Developers, I believe the answer is two fold. One, skinners usually skin a great many more mobs then an herbalist or miner gathers from those nodes. Two, you earn experience from the kill itself.

Though I cannot guarantee a response, it would probably be best to ask in the Professions forum for a more definitive answer.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I hadn't really thought about it. But if I were going to hazard a guess I'd say it's because there are a ton more animals in game than herb and ore nodes. They (the nodes) are much more of a limited resource.

Plus you get XP for killing the animal you're skinning. I know that's not always the case but if you were farming your own kills you'd sort of be double dipping XP wise.

eta: Hee! Yep. Me and Vrakkie are on the same page.
Edited by Talulah on 12/26/2010 3:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
Oh ok, since you put it that way it does sound more sensible, thanks for a quick reply!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]