Getting ret OS, need help

85 Blood Elf Paladin
So while I'll be remaining a prot MS, my GM has asked that I pick up ret for my OS, since I'll be more helpful as an extra DPS than an extra healer in a fight that doesn't need that many tanks. So I did a quick respec of my holy OS, to what I think is a decent ret build. If anyone can take a look at it and point out any glaring mistakes I've made, let me know.

So I've never really played ret, I briefly had a ret spec before 4.01, but even then I was a bit clumsy with it, and now with all the changes, I need a bit of help to learn it. So can anyone offer any help for ret 4.03? (and please be serious, I know ret's in a bad state right now, but that's what my GM wants and I'm not arguing with him. So i need to do my best to learn it and gear for it soon enough.)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
bump
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/26/2010 4:32 PMPosted by Darthkitty
So can anyone offer any help for ret 4.03? (and please be serious, I know ret's in a bad state right now, but that's what my GM wants and I'm not arguing with him. So i need to do my best to learn it and gear for it soon enough.)
If you can't argue with your GM, he's not going to listen to you when you tell him Ret is in a craptastic state right now and kicks you for your low DPS.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/26/2010 6:04 PMPosted by Wolfmanaero
If you can't argue with your GM, he's not going to listen to you when you tell him Ret is in a craptastic state right now and kicks you for your low DPS.

I don't think that'd be such a problem. For the most part, he's right. I'd be far more useful having a DPS OS than a heal OS, and I guarantee you that if it was bad enough it wouldn't stay like that long, and I remember a post saying that blizz was actively looking into making ret better. As long as I can learn it, it shouldn't be an issue. Anyway, its not like I'd be going to a raid as a DPS, I'd be going as a tank and then going ret for fights where the extra tank isn't needed.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Any help?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Your talent build is solid.

Copy the glyphs in my PvE specc.

Your stat priority is (after hit and expertise cap)

Strength > Haste > Crit >>>>>> Mastery

Your rotation is a priority based system.

Inq > HoW > Exorcism > TV > CS > Judgement > Consecration > Holy Wrath

For more detailed information see here:
http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t110342-retribution_concordance_4_0_3a/
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/27/2010 7:55 AMPosted by Vindicare
Your talent build is solid.

Copy the glyphs in my PvE specc.

Your stat priority is (after hit and expertise cap)

Strength > Haste > Crit >>>>>> Mastery

Your rotation is a priority based system.

Inq > HoW > Exorcism > TV > CS > Judgement > Consecration > Holy Wrath

For more detailed information see here:
http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t110342-retribution_concordance_4_0_3a/

2 questions, 1st, are socket bonuses worth gemming for? And 2nd, is the mana regen good enough as ret to use cons? Doesn't it use like 55% mana without the prot talent?
Edited by Darthkitty on 12/27/2010 8:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/27/2010 8:05 AMPosted by Darthkitty
1st, are socket bonuses worth gemming for?

Stack straight strength. Gem bonuses are generally not worth wasting the posible strength you could have.

12/27/2010 8:05 AMPosted by Darthkitty
2nd, is the mana regen good enough as ret to use cons? Doesn't it use like 55% mana without the prot talent?

I don't have problems with using conc. use it. More DPS, the better. Use proper arcane torrent and holy plea rotation and use your judgement to regain mana. I never run out and the insta-procs help me a lot when it comes to mana.
Edited by Thairos on 12/27/2010 10:12 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]