First Pally

35 Tauren Warrior
Im making my first Blood Elf Pally ever.
Any advice or tips anyone can give me about blood elf pallys would be awsome
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warrior
yeh dont bother pallies are so broken it makes me cry.
Reply Quote
35 Tauren Warrior
12/27/2010 3:39 AMPosted by Trollsratms

So im reading in other forum post, how come everyone is so negative towards pallys all of the sudden. I'm new to WoW and a bunch of my RL said told me about 3 months ago I should play wow and make a pally b/c they were great and I did... and know they suck?
What did I miss?
Reply Quote
35 Tauren Warrior
12/27/2010 3:39 AMPosted by Trollsratms

So im reading in other forum post, how come everyone is so negative towards pallys all of the sudden. I'm new to WoW and a bunch of my RL said told me about 3 months ago I should play wow and make a pally b/c they were great and I did... and know they suck?
What did I miss?
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warrior
Just a whole lot of %@!@ that the dev team doesnt fix cause they are too busy getting trashed on egg nog to come to work and improve our class.

Besides 3 months ago was before cata dropped and everything wasnt so %!@@ed up. I pulled better dps in wrath endgame gear than i do in cata heroic pre-raiding gear.

If your going to roll one i suggest going prot cause it seems to be the only spec that isnt having issue presently.
Reply Quote
35 Tauren Warrior
Fan-Freaking-Fastic
So I just wasted 20 bucks on an expansion just to roll a blood elf pally and come to find out there now one of the crappiest classes in the game thanks to cata. I've been playing WoW for a total of 3 weeks and this new friendship between Blizzard and myself is getting off to a crappy start.
Reply Quote
Well, rogues have pretty much the same QQ issues, it really depends on how you look at it. Heck, if ur gonna roll a pally, ya gotta have patience. Just be patient, all classes will be changed, it's only the beginning of cata, soon pallies will be back to normal. THis is exactly the same situation pre-WOTLK and look, it worked out in the end, didn't it?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Yeah roll a dwarf.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Paladins are still excellent at levelling. Continue with what you've got. Things will no doubt change by the time you get to stuff that 'matters'.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/27/2010 3:28 AMPosted by Rakrott
Im making my first Blood Elf Pally ever.
Any advice or tips anyone can give me about blood elf pallys would be awsome

I'll start by saying that I quit WoW after TBC and just recently came back, so I skipped WotLK, which, as it turns out, is turning out to be beneficial(no relearning).

Step 1: don't listen to 90% of the stuff on this forum. Think about it if, you are having a super awesome time and loving your game would you take time to come post about it on the forums...no you'd be playing. But, if your having problems and such you be you'll be on here whining about it.

Step 2: Find a good group of friends(sounds like you already did) or a guild and run stuff with them when you get leveled up. Playing with smart people that you can build a team with will eliminate a lot of the headaches that come with playing with random people.

Step 3: Pallies are still very strong healers, arguably the best. Of course this assumes that you play it correctly and use judgement to get mana back and not spam heals. Lots of people were used to WotLK healing where mana didn't matter and these forums are filled with people who have had a very difficult time adjusting to the new healing model. You(like me) are just coming into(back to) WoW, you don't know how easy it was in WotLK, so the new healing model will just be the norm for you, no adjusting.

Step 4: Read a few holy pally guides, there are some good ones out there.

Step 5: Have fun! Play your pally how you want. If your having fun then your doing it right.

Step 6: As for BE pallies there are a few things to note. Mana tide(BE racial for mana return/silence) makes the BE Pally the prime choice for healing.

And the most important thing about BE Pallies you need to know is that we have better hair then everyone else and everyone is very jealous of it. Sometimes people will just let you kill them because they get caught in the awesomeness that is your hair....ok that all might be a lie and I would totally switch to a gobo if they could be pallies.

Have fun enjoy levelling, the first few dungeons at 85 will be a little hard but after you gear up and learn a healing rotation that works for you, you and you friends/guild will be facerolling through heroics with little to no CC like I am.

Oh and the guy above me makes a good point...with all the people whining about healing being too hard Blizz is bound to cave and buff the crap out of us by the time you hit lvl cap.
Edited by Rickits on 12/27/2010 7:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Step 1: don't listen to 90% of the stuff on this forum. Think about it if, you are having a super awesome time and loving your game would you take time to come post about it on the forums...no you'd be playing. But, if your having problems and such you be you'll be on here whining about it.

Agreed!

I've been leveling this alt on and off since pre-cataclysm. As far as leveling goes Ret has changed very little. I still kill even mobs in only a few seconds. I never go OOM and I can survive 6 mobs that all decided to path into my fight at once.

Ret is just fine for leveling.

That being said, I have begun playing mostly as Holy. I rolled a Goblin Priest, loved healing and decided to try out healing on a Pally.

If I could recommend anything it would be.

Ignore the forums.
Level using RDF and questing.
Ignore the forums.
Once your 85 don't bother with Heroics in random greens.
Ignore the forums.
Enjoy leveling in what amounts to a pretty much brand new game pre 60. You'll be experiencing some cool areas most 85s haven't.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
if all else fails roll a druid :D
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ret is very clunky and not very fun.

Prot is a little too easy, but generally seems alright. I enjoy warrior/dk more.

Holy is strong, with the light of dawn nerf though i feel more like a wotlk paladin than a real raid healer.

personal opinions
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Paladins have had their times of up and downs through out the years but I always do fine. People are just having problems readjusting.

Ret, even though the new Holy Power system was introduced, is a very simple spec. Not as facerollable but basically still easy.

Prot is amazing but I have to work with grabbing initial aggro because the change is tricky

Lastly, Holy, i've heard is one of the best healers in Cata. With AoE heals and news specs/procs makes the heals fantastic. The only problem is mana, but the better gear/less overhealing is a little more controllable.

I'd say level as ret, as you can quest easily while waiting on a dungeon CD. Also, you can take on the 6/6 mobs you need to kill for "Insert item here" and take them out and heal yourself as needed. You never die and have several "Oh crap" buttons.

When you reach max level, I'd suggest to do PvP. Paladins rock PvP no matter how good of shape they are in PvE. It's fun, easier than most other classes, and a great way to pass the time.
Edited by Thairos on 12/27/2010 9:58 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]