Uses for Aura Mastery

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Are there any situations in Heroics where it would be beneficial to have aura mastery? I've only healed a couple heroics so far and I've done ok without speccing into it, but if I am missing out on something that will help to make me a better/more efficient healer, then I'd try it out.

Can anybody give me any situations in heroic 5-mans where this ability is useful?

Thanks in advance for the input.
Edited by Kreemo on 12/27/2010 12:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Any time there's a large amount of Frost/Fire/Shadow damage going out. For instance, the second boss of Grim Batol -- his name escapes me. When he does that Personal Phalanx **#* and spews fire everywhere, Aura Mastery with Resistance helps mitigation.
Edited by Eldanesh on 12/27/2010 12:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
The first boss on SFK has some demon aoe thing at about 10k health that is killer, resistance aura + aura mastery + AW + DF and HR helps a ton for sure. You could use it on the fire boss at the end of HoO too for his fire aoe, because on heroic it lasts longer.

It's situational yes, but when you don't have it and need it, well that sucks.

I'm sure there's more examples, probably just can't think of them.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You can also use it to eat blanket silences with Conc, but I don't know of any bosses where that's a problem outside of like... Yogg 1.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Any situations where the boss goes batcrap flurry on the tank could be a good occasion for either AM + Devo or Ret auras. Come to think of it, I wish I had thought of that during Pound on Anu'barak.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
When Rajh starts his fire nova in Halls of Origination is another good time.
Pretty much any time you're facing heavy elemental or shadow damage is a good time.

Personally, I haven't bothered with it, but it doesn't cost a cooldown, so it could be useful on your oh crap button.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/27/2010 7:04 PMPosted by Farranor
Any situations where the boss goes batcrap flurry on the tank could be a good occasion for either AM + Devo or Ret auras. Come to think of it, I wish I had thought of that during Pound on Anu'barak.

Pound is a frontal cone, and Anub'arak doesn't spin to keep people in front of him. People are supposed to circle around behind him before he finishes the cast. It's kind of like Ozruk's Ground Slam.

You overestimate the ability of the people in my battlegroup. =(
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
I have it. I use it. It's not much help.

On a 2 minute cooldown for 6 seconds of double resist (because really any other aura is useless in PvE) and MAYBE double armor from devo I've been questioning whether I should keep it myself. I have to heal through any partial resists anyway and it's the same mana approximately to heal anyway. Usually just a trinket + Holy Radiance. Never have I used it on the same fight twice simply because of the cooldown length. I just haven't cared enough to change it up.

Obviously raids are a different matter but eh if a 6 second buff is the difference between success and utter failure it's not AM's fault.
Edited by Niseliv on 12/27/2010 7:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Nearly every boss has some sorta elemental aoe damage that can be mitigated by aura mastery. Anyway who doesn't like Aura Mastery and Crusader Aura? Well worth 1 talent point.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
We'll have to see if Blizzard sees fit to buff the duration up a bit more. The problem in WotLK was that it made some encounters trivial - with the new damage model for Cata, we'll have to see if that's still an issue. If we see, for example, a pulsing AOE rather than an AOE slam, then it may need to be buffed again.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks for the tips. It sounds like it's worth shifting just 1 point into it. I can probably take one out of improved judgement to grab it.
Edited by Kreemo on 12/27/2010 8:42 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]