A simple request on sub's rupture

85 Blood Elf Rogue
Can we please have it do at least rakes damage with a good percent of mastery and hemo up. I think that's fair enough anything wrong with that?

Just seems our five point finisher which gets 30% percent buff from hemo and 25% from mastery should at least do a feral's spammable one point bleed combo attack =(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
lol i just realized that my level 62 feral druid's rake does as much as my rupture that is sad =(
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Agreed, ruptures damage is pitiful
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Mutilate: Rupture is good, due to venomous wounds. Whether or not that proc happens often enough/does enough damage is the real question.

Subtlety: Rupture just shouldn't be good int he first place, it's not something sub should have to worry about. Keeping up Recup is just as important to Sub as Rupture is to Mut, and Sub's CP generation is lower than Mut's so asking for another thing to keep up is just not a good idea. Also, eviscerate suffers heavily from armor, so getting as many of them off as possible is very important. If you had to keep up Recup + rupture + eviscerates, well there just isn't enough CPs.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
12/27/2010 8:28 PMPosted by Euthanyze
Mutilate: Rupture is good, due to venomous wounds. Whether or not that proc happens often enough/does enough damage is the real question.

Subtlety: Rupture just shouldn't be good int he first place, it's not something sub should have to worry about. Keeping up Recup is just as important to Sub as Rupture is to Mut, and Sub's CP generation is lower than Mut's so asking for another thing to keep up is just not a good idea. Also, eviscerate suffers heavily from armor, so getting as many of them off as possible is very important. If you had to keep up Recup + rupture + eviscerates, well there just isn't enough CPs.

I agree with rupture being ok with mutilate due to venomous wounds like you said, but rupture should replace eviscerate when versing plate targets so you wouldn't need all three. Also don't u think its wrong that my 62 druid's rake does as much as my rupture with 28% mastery and hemo buff?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
12/27/2010 8:40 PMPosted by Airaru

I agree with rupture being ok with mutilate due to venomous wounds like you said, but rupture should replace eviscerate when versing plate targets so you wouldn't need all three. Also don't u think its wrong that my 62 druid's rake does as much as my rupture with 28% mastery and hemo buff?

The damage is obviously wrong, but there's no way rupture should replace eviscerate vs plate. First of all it would replace evisc on anything mail+, secondly Sub's CP generation just isn't high enough to keep up a good amount of evisc's, rupture, and recup, and obviously it would become a need to keep up rupture if it was worth the damage.

with the current CP generation, it just doesn't fit.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Sub shouldn't be using Rupture... despite the fact that we're the "Bleed and Finisher" spec?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
12/27/2010 8:50 PMPosted by Euthanyze

The damage is obviously wrong, but there's no way rupture should replace eviscerate vs plate. First of all it would replace evisc on anything mail+, secondly Sub's CP generation just isn't high enough to keep up a good amount of evisc's, rupture, and recup, and obviously it would become a need to keep up rupture if it was worth the damage.

with the current CP generation, it just doesn't fit.

I do think evisc should remain better only against cloths and maybe with find weakness up but rupture being flat out better otherwise. Again only asking rupture to do as much as a rake not a rip. During this state of non find weakness buff and a plate target I do believe rupture should replace evisc, common sense isn't it use the armor ignore ability against a High armor target?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Rupture needs to do more damage for sub, period. Regardless if its supposed to be the primary source of dps, or a secondary/supporting damage, it needs to do more, or be less costly to apply.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I agree with you Tyiako, come to think of it is there any other ability that does less damage then level 62 spell at 81? Because i just couldn't believe it.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Druid

except as sub, when you evis, you get rupture for free!
Edited by Tyrazsun on 12/27/2010 9:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/27/2010 9:33 PMPosted by Tyrazsun

except as sub, when you evis, you get rupture for free!

Only if you put up rupture beforehand, and its only as good as the one you put up. ie, 1 point rupture tics for 8 seconds, if you follow that up with a five point evis, you go back up to 8 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Having sub the "bleed" spec just never seemed right for me. Sub should be the sneaky burst spec with upfront damage, not damage over time.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
12/27/2010 11:06 PMPosted by Disqualifier
Having sub the "bleed" spec just never seemed right for me. Sub should be the sneaky burst spec with upfront damage, not damage over time.

I can only see that working if sub had its own cs which people would yell op.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]