Cancel your account

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you think this thread is useless whining join me in rating the OP down.

12/27/2010 11:48 PMPosted by Iolite
Not everyone wants facerolling that happened in Wrath

I do. But not at the very beginning of the expansion.

Once there's a new tier of raids, then letting people jump right into to Heroics to grind gear for those raids will be fine. But for now, Heroics should be... Heroic.
90 Draenei Hunter
"Cancel your account"

You first.
90 Human Warlock
I just ran 2 heroics with no problems whatsoever so no. And fork over your stuff.
85 Undead Warlock
L2P
87 Night Elf Druid
If you think heroics are hard, then we really didn't need you in the game anyway.

I'm really glad you feel that way!
It helps when the "leet" advertise their greatness that the rest of us mortals might better avoid you!
OP - PLEASE leave!!!! I'm a CASUAL player and I find the heroics quite fun. In fact our guild just completed heroic deadmines for the first time tonight and it was tons of fun. Only My 2nd time in the instance (ran out of time at Ripsnarl earlier) and a couple of guildies it was their first time. Getting food thrown at us by cookie was hilarious and running around trying to figure out what to do was fun!

I have an average of 339 gear I believe that have been mostly farmed out of regular or crafted. It wasn't that hard. Regular instances right now are actually easy.

Do NOT nerf the heroics!!!!!! The qq'ers don't have the gear, the patience or the raid awareness to stay the hell out of whatever is on the ground to be in the heroics in the first place.
85 Undead Rogue
Let me also add that I am a Subtlety rogue in greens. If I can do a Heroic, ANYONE can.
Hell no.

I rather like the challenge; it's fun. And I'm certainly not the best player - my tank dies with distressing frequency due to my lack of skill at healing.

I'd quit if they nerfed them to Wrath standards. I'm sure a few things could be touched up and adjusted, but I DON'T want overall nerfs just because you can't faceroll your way through heroics now.

85 Tauren Druid
Once people are in 346 gear, heroics are already becoming fairly easy, if not trivial yet. I'm a little sad how quickly the challenge wore off.
Community Manager
Players were conditioned at the end of Wrath of the Lich King to mow through Heroics at lightning speed. Not only were they too easy to begin with, by the time Dungeon Finder came out players greatly out-geared the majority of these dungeons.

The reality is that it makes sense for Heroics to be a true and necessary stepping stone into raiding. They are more difficult at the beginning of this expansion's lifespan than they were at the beginning of Lich King. We like it that way. We want you thinking and trying new approaches through trial and error in order to succeed, just as groups do while raiding.

As new tiers of gear are released and new raids open up, Heroics will naturally become easier, but that provides little good reason for trivializing them now. This is true even if some groups -- particularly pick-up groups -- lack the patience, will, or teamwork necessary to succeed.

We prefer that skill and character power provide the edge in Heroic dungeons, rather than supplying simple boss fights where mistakes are so easily forgivable.

Will it test you to play at your best and communicate effectively with your group? Certainly. Should Heroic dungeons be tuned down so failure is rarely a real possibility? That doesn't sound like interesting design to me, nor would it act as a good catalyst for compelling, strategic, and social gameplay.
87 Night Elf Druid
12/27/2010 11:56 PMPosted by Velaania
"Cancel your account"

You first.

Already done!
55 Dwarf Rogue
if you cant do them then dont...... Sorry Wotlk made you think this game should be easy.. but these are nothing compared to old raids and likewise, eyah im comparing them to raids, bc they are a stepping stone to jsut thta, and i do hope blizz makes raids hard again im tired of everyone and their mom having the best gear, only the best should and if u cant keep up with the game, no fame.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Sounds great, but you should cancel first.

I'll be right behind you... later.
12/28/2010 12:00 AMPosted by Rawrbert
"Cancel your account"

You first.

Already done!

Not true. Your account can't post if you cancel.
87 Night Elf Druid
12/27/2010 11:59 PMPosted by Zarhym
Players were conditioned at the end of Wrath of the Lich King to mow through Heroics at lightning speed. Not only were they too easy to begin with, by the time Dungeon Finder came out players greatly out-geared the majority of these dungeons.

The reality is that it makes sense for Heroics to be a true and necessary stepping stone into raiding. They are more difficult at the beginning of this expansion's lifespan than they were at the beginning of Lich King. We like it that way. We want you thinking and trying new approaches through trial and error in order to succeed, just as groups do while raiding.

As new tiers of gear are released and new raids open up, Heroics will naturally become easier, but that provides little good reason for trivializing them now. This is true even if some groups -- particularly pick-up groups -- lack the patience, will, or teamwork necessary to succeed.

We prefer that skill and character power provide the edge in Heroic dungeons, rather than supplying simple boss fights where mistakes are so easily forgivable.

Will it test you to play at your best and communicate effectively with your group? Certainly. Should Heroic dungeons be tuned down so failure is rarely a real possibility? That doesn't sound like interesting design to me, nor would it act as a good catalyst for compelling, strategic, and social gameplay.

1 hour waits inqueue...
2 hour dungeons...
OP'd system designer pet classes...
We'll just see what gets changed and how soon.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Heroics level gear is 346, revered rep items are 346, exalted rep items are 359. I haven't done a heroic yet and am still packing a green item and my item level is 337. By the time I finish my normal mode instances I should be exalted in the two reps that give me 359 items. By the time I start heroics I should be around 346 or so and should be around 350 or so by the time our raids kick off.

I am sure they will be a bit of a challenge now but once everyone is 359 and beyond then people will be facerolling the heroics again.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]