Cancel your account

(Locked)

87 Night Elf Druid
12/28/2010 12:18 AMPosted by Zarhym
We enjoy being in dungeons that you can get off work, log in with your friends and play for a couple hours and get something accomplished, rather than gnashing our teeth and banging our head against a wall in pre-raid content. Hardcore players had their raids and casuals had their heroics. Now hardcores have their raids, and hardcores have their heroics...Well if you don't throw casuals a bone what do you think happens?

You might have to spend more time in normal dungeons than you did before if you want a very relaxing dungeon experience right now, before you jump into Heroics determined to succeed with ease. The difficulty of this expansion is on a different level right now, but it's still nowhere near the gap between five-player dungeons and raiding which existed in the original release, and to a lesser extent The Burning Crusade.

If you expect a quick, mellow run through Heroic dungeons -- which provide quite powerful gear given we're on the first Cataclysm raid tier -- this early in the entire lifespan of this expansion, you might want to consider collecting items and gear via normal dungeons and other means before regularly hopping into the Heroic queue. They're not super-unfriendly toward casual players, but they do require casual players to exercise skill and proper social/leadership skills.

So please join us in cancelling our accounts until Blizzard comes up with content for the vast majority of it's paid subscription base; the casual player.
My iced dairy beverage brings all of the males to my place of residence and/or employment, and it greatly surpasses yours. Verily, it surpasses yours. And they state, it surpasses yours. I would teach you the recipe, but I would demand compensation.

tl;dr : I think he's mad.
85 Night Elf Rogue
One
@OP

ROFLMAO,

"Go away!! and never come back!!" -Smeagol.
85 Troll Druid
The problem with heroics isn't the encounters nor the lack of gear, but simply a pug group often lacks the ability to work together. I still wait for guildies to do my heroic daily and will be doing so until I can pretty much faceroll the instance.
90 Blood Elf Mage
[quote="16484937953"] proper social/leadership skills.

like.. not going to happen at all
12/28/2010 12:18 AMPosted by Zarhym
We enjoy being in dungeons that you can get off work, log in with your friends and play for a couple hours and get something accomplished, rather than gnashing our teeth and banging our head against a wall in pre-raid content. Hardcore players had their raids and casuals had their heroics. Now hardcores have their raids, and hardcores have their heroics...Well if you don't throw casuals a bone what do you think happens?

You might have to spend more time in normal dungeons than you did before if you want a very relaxing dungeon experience right now, before you jump into Heroics determined to succeed with ease. The difficulty of this expansion is on a different level right now, but it's still nowhere near the gap between five-player dungeons and raiding which existed in the original release, and to a lesser extent The Burning Crusade.

If you expect a quick, mellow run through Heroic dungeons -- which provide quite powerful gear given we're on the first Cataclysm raid tier -- this early in the entire lifespan of this expansion, you might want to consider collecting items and gear via normal dungeons and other means before regularly hopping into the Heroic queue. They're not super-unfriendly toward casual players, but they do require casual players to exercise skill and proper social/leadership skills.

This 100%. True casual players are actually quite skilled. I have posted this before, and I will post it again. Casual does not mean suck! If you're a casual you can be (and should be since you have so little time to play compared to the hardcore people) just as skilled as the best raiders that you know. If you're bad you're bad. That doesn't mean you're casual.
85 Dwarf Shaman
I even had an macro that said……… Tank in bad gear pulling big, stay on your toes.

When my groups asked why……. I said "Wasn't that more fun with a little risk of getting killed?".

They agreed that it was.

WotLK

nutshell.
90 Undead Rogue
12/28/2010 12:27 AMPosted by Stonemug
My iced dairy beverage brings all of the males to my place of residence and/or employment, and it greatly surpasses yours. Verily, it surpasses yours. And they state, it surpasses yours. I would teach you the recipe, but I would demand compensation.

tl;dr : I think he's mad.

Made me laugh hard, thank you.
83 Blood Elf Death Knight

If you expect a quick, mellow run through Heroic dungeons -- which provide quite powerful gear given we're on the first Cataclysm raid tier -- this early in the entire lifespan of this expansion, you might want to consider collecting items and gear via normal dungeons and other means before regularly hoping into the Heroic queue. They're not super-unfriendly toward casual players, but they do require casual players to exercise skill and proper social/leadership skills.

The issue is that players are being asked to completely shift gears. In effect to play a different game than the one they've been playing for the past year. Some players I know have known no other way of playing (and have already unsubscribed unfortunately).

It is not the players' fault that for over twelve months they've had it easy. Blizzard is on shaky ground here since they've never had to transition from a spot where a vast majority of the population got to see raiding and end-game content to being locked out of 5-mans. In all the other previous expansions people rarely got to see the inside of a raid instance and only heard stories about end-game.
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/28/2010 12:25 AMPosted by Bjoron

So anyone that posts a thought or an idea that is different from one that you *might* have is a troll?

Your saying that the transition from norm to heroics is bad, when all it takes is people to have coordination. Now I havn't had a lot of time to play, but I have a friend who has been playing, who started in wrath, has had no problems adjusting to the change in difficulty and is fast approaching raids. All it takes is CC, patience and coordination.
News flash. Not every class has a CC. This creates a major problem for those said classes which involves it being impossible for them to go into a instance as a DPS spec. People WILL NOT run heroics without 3 people capable of CCing.
89 Dwarf Shaman
No offense but you are either terrible at games or to stupid to follow simple instructions on a boss fight, you should just cancel your account and never come back, you would be doing us all a favor.
87 Night Elf Druid
12/28/2010 12:21 AMPosted by Mëatmissle
I would like to urge everyone who believes as I do, that the Heroic (read as Hard Mode) dungeons in Cataclysm should be nerfed, to join me in cancelling our accounts.

The step from regular to heroic is nonsensical. If you are not one of the lead systems designer's over-powered pet classes it is unlikely that you will be able to generate enough DPS to survive a heroic boss encounter.

Of course better gear will help; but, it is only obtainable in the heroic encounters or as PVP rewards. In a couple of months, perhaps crafted epic gear will be widely available. The new hard mode heroics will still require you to stand in front of beams or avoid tornadoes or other similar nonsense. Absolute folderol if you happen to be a caster. ("You want my Moonkin to do what?!?")

Perhaps if enough of us cancel, the VP of Finances will be able to put an end to the wrong-headed mindset and persuade the lead systems designers that their "cruel and unusual" dungeons be revamped.

Maybe many of the systems designers could be made to tank and heal the heroic dungeons on various servers to eliminate the almost 1 hour long queues!

Wishful thinking? Join our little financial revolution and let's see!

In other words, you are a wrath kiddie who is crying because you're so used to everything being handed to you.

No. I'm a Vanilla Veteran who likes to pug and solo. I like to have it be POSSIBLE to move my 'toon forward in a reasonable amount of invested play time.
I do wish there was more then 3 normals to grind for rep gear in. I havent been in heroics yet because I am not feeling ready even tho im almost 340 Ilvl. I want rep gear first. But only 3 dungeons to grind rep in gets old fast.
What I'm here for.

∆ ∆
85 Worgen Druid
what i have to say to everyone in here about how bad the queue time is i want to tell you.

join

a

guild

then not only will you not have to deal with constant morons in your run who are impatient and cause wipes, but you wont have to wait hours to fill your dungeon with people. you can also coordinate with vent and have a great time.

unless of course you are the moron thats impatient and causes wipes cause then i doubt you could find a guild that would put up with you.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]