Dungeon queue should be performance-based

85 Worgen Death Knight
Perhaps it's been suggested already, but couldn't you just make the quests optional? Then just add a special queue for those that have managed to pass.

That way, players that are unwilling to increase their performance, or are just plain lazy, can play with like-minded people. Maybe the pool of players would be smaller in that particular queue, but waiting an extra half an hour is far less annoying than wiping repeatedly on easy bosses.
85 Tauren Druid
Win.
85 Worgen Druid
01/04/2011 8:28 PMPosted by Zarhym
As a way to help more people improve instead of just blocking out the less knowledgeable players, does part of design goal have a sort of 'class coach' to help people realize their role, gear selection and abilities?

My fiance's best friend plays a mage, but she won't take advice from anyone and actually wore an agility cape from 78-85. :P

Sort of. One flaw with the current system, is if players fail in a pick-up group, they aren't told why they failed. People then tend to play the blame game, often directing malice at the healer(s).

So while I'm speaking more about class roles, I think the idea still lends itself to your question. It'd be helpful to get more information than just through trial and error. Groups could benefit if they knew they didn't wipe because the healer didn't manage mana well enough, but because the DPS wasn't high enough, or boss adds weren't properly rounded up, etc.

Sounds like a great idea, but ultimately, it's always going to feel like the healer's fault when the net result is the group's HP reached zero.

I still think you should implement agro decay, or a "block button" that made tanks manually activate their block and give bosses heals that should be interrupted by dps so they actually have a fear of failure that approaches the one that healers currently have.

We actually had a discussion in guild last night that suggested target dummies should have spells you need to interrupt and upon failing would kill you and give you triple repair bills.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/06/2011 9:23 AMPosted by Icantbelieve
sv hunters cant inturrupt

scatter shot http://www.wowhead.com/spell=19503
85 Orc Shaman
FBI
12/28/2010 12:35 AMPosted by Sinkinglight
- Item level doesn't take into account gearing for the most ideal stats for the class/spec.
e.g. dps casters taking spirit gear.

You sir, are a fool, if You don't realizee the idiocracy of this statement, I suggest You read my talents.
12/28/2010 12:35 AMPosted by Sinkinglight
Quest will have to be tailored to each class to take into account CC abilities and interrupt cooldowns.

You just blew your entire post right there. That would require Blizz having to give something resembling a class quest to a Rogue, and we know that will never happen while any of us have breath.
9 Tauren Druid
The OP idea is total bunk. The tools are already in game to solve this problem. The tools are called TEAMWORK. I know this concept is strange to most of you, who think like the op.
Lets see faction=team, guild=team, dungeon group=team bg group= team. Although cross faction has diminished faction some what. How about instead of crowing about how leet you are, help those that aren't as geared as you are? You know that might give you some kind of feeling of selfworth,maybe even more than lording over someone how much more LEET you are. Really try it, it works. You know if you would start playing together,as a TEAM,you might accomplish some amazing things. Team, I know, alot to grasp. 4 letters instead of 2 (me) or 1 (I). With your vast intellect,and LEET skills, you should be able to figure it out. In closing I must say, your ELITIEST attitude has shown through. GOOD DAY
85 Tauren Warrior
Allow engineers to make boss specific training dummies with all the skills and risk without any reward other than knowledge.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
In my experience the difficulty of any dungeon raid lies with not actually knowing the surroundings and what's coming up. Maybe they could install some sort of counter to tell how many times you've run the dungeon and group peeps that way. The higher the number, the more familiar with a run that person would be, obviously better geared and therefore be able to contribute to the whole team. Lower numbers on any dungeon would be put with like numbers and have their learning experience gained through repair costs and increased communication with the rest of the group as to what to do.
01/06/2011 10:12 AMPosted by Deadshock
You sir, are a fool, if You don't realizee the idiocracy of this statement, I suggest You read my talents.

Don't you realize the difference between idiocy and idiocracy? Go look it up.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Then how are we supposed to learn?? It's supposed to be a team effort, not just for the people who have been playing for years or who are at higher levels.

I'm just saying. I can't learn anything if I am shut out of someplace.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Shouldn't be too hard to calculate some kind of PvE score. Item level doesn't mean you know what you're doing, but if you finished that heroic 10 times, you might have an idea of what you're doing.

There is a huge difference in running a heroic for valor points, and running heroics for gear. How annoying is it to waste 1h on easy heroics before seeing the group disband before last boss not giving you the possibility to requeue since you're alone to finish it. Having a PvE score, or rating just like the PVP one would also open the door for a cross-server raid system.

85 Night Elf Druid
All I read is ... work work work. Yes, I want players that aren't completely stupid but I am willing to educate them or use the vote kick system.

Part of the problem is that dungeons have become overly complicated. Sure, I can handle the content but continue to become disinterested. I feel like it's a job anymore, not a video game.
62 Worgen Rogue
Make the pre-dungeon quests repeatable so you can do them over and over and improve your skill as you go. I can totally see the benefits of these suggestions for solo-ists and such. They can be good for casuals to sharpen up also. It is much easier and sometimes more comfortable to train with annonomys NPCs than spiteful, judgemental humans. Computer robots don't generaly yell: "This DPS sucks! Kick em!" I would love to have a way to build up my dungeon skills without the fears of having to group with random, game-crazed humans. Once I get more comfortable with my skills, then I'll take it to the next lvl and attempt to group with humans. By then I idealy will have the basic knowladge of my role in a dungeon and what to do.

Maybe the Intsa-dieing is a little negative, just as long as it doesn't affect my repair bill. I know there are some quests out there where you die and it doesn't send you back as a ghost.
I like the ideas. Maybe a few tweeks here and there, but overall, not bad.
Edited by Ookamii on 1/6/2011 1:08 PM PST
90 Gnome Rogue
01/06/2011 9:55 AMPosted by Snóóp
sv hunters cant inturrupt

scatter shot http://www.wowhead.com/spell=19503

Does not work on boss mobs..
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Your queue won't have any healers in it (due to the way healers heal -- have to stop, stand, cast to heal -- a healer that doesn't get hit by any damage wasn't healing, and risked wiping the group).

If you see that tank's health bar in the red, what would you do? Let him die and avoid damage? Or eat the damage and keep him alive? Unlike DPS avoiding damage, healers sometimes have to put themselves into damage to heal, especially if the tank is OoR and the room is full of purple puddles. You got to get to him, and tiptoeing around the goo takes seconds you don't have.

Anyone who says healing is easy, just haven't been really healing!

First of all you're a paladin so your point about having to stand there and cast means nothing unless you're bad, in heroics most of your healing is gonna be from instant cast (Holy Shock / Word of Glory), or will at least be very fast (Holy light with infusion proc).Healers should never HAVE to put themselves into damage to heal, if your tank is out of range or los or theres puprle puddles bewteen you and him, then one of you probly sucks. Avoidable damage is just that AVOIDABLE. A healer that didn't take damage is a good one, not a bad one. And btw healing IS easy.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]