Dungeon queue should be performance-based

LFD is a tool for people who maybe don't have the time or want to form a tight guild. If people are so 'elite' that they have to seperate people in /random/ dungeons. And say some are allowed and some aren't? They just need to form a Guild and run with them.

LFD is there for everybody. Not just those you perceive to be good enough.
90 Goblin Priest
01/04/2011 8:28 PMPosted by Zarhym
So while I'm speaking more about class roles, I think the idea still lends itself to your question. It'd be helpful to get more information than just through trial and error. Groups could benefit if they knew they didn't wipe because the healer didn't manage mana well enough, but because the DPS wasn't high enough, or boss adds weren't properly rounded up, etc.

I would like a repeat-wipe helper. So if a group is continually wiping on Throngus, say twice or three times, say "The stacking dot on the tank can be dispelled." or maybe a summary of attacks and reactions, in a window, like "Attacks avoided while Trongus has his mace: all. Stacking dot dispelled: 0 times" and then maybe someone can say "ah ha!"

This reeks a bit much of having the game play for you, and I personally don't like/want this but I have seen plenty of groups who could use it :)

It also ends the argument of "I don't need to dispel that!" or whatever.

There have been what, 10,000 discussions on dps meters and why they are not useful as a perfect metric on a group's performance and in cata it is even more so. I've spent a good deal of my time since December 7th teaching dps that it is better to move out of stuff damaging you, use a bandage, or at least stop taking dmg so I can triage you and get you back in the game, than to sit there rawring and then die. Dead to me is useless. If I missed a heal, help me out. If you took a little extra dmg, you get a renew. If that is not enough, try and fix the issue. Stack when you must, spread out when you must, but the game is no longer peanut butter sandwich in one hand while you smash 1 with the other hand.
85 Tauren Druid
This made me laugh.

Ted: We have a lot less players
Bob: Yes but we have better players
Ted: Bob?
Bob: Yes Ted?
Ted: You're Fired.

Computers can't make all your decisions for you. Start helping your fellow players, or play a game that you don't need to group in. If you don't want to work with other ppl, don't play MMORPGs.
85 Blood Elf Mage
01/11/2011 4:10 PMPosted by Abigaius
It's a horrible idea. Gear matters. You are basically setting up a system where people who have been in dungeons a lot will be in the more often. The doesn't help the situation. People need to learn, how can they learn if they are kept out for not being good enough, they can't.

I started healing, made mistakes. Ran OOM as I got gear. I slowly got better, slowly got geared and now I lead most groups I'm in. Under some stupid 'Are you good enough' system this wouldn't happen.

Look in a mirror, none of us go into a dungeon the first itme knowing exactly what to do. It's impossible. We all made mistakes. We all will make mistakes. Stop acting elitist.

Seriously people, stfu with the elitist comments. Read further than the first page before you come in with the "I'm warlock. I no can haz intrpz"

The system could be set up so your current gear doesn't matter AT ALL. When you start the "test" to get into heroics or be ranked for them (after you've done them in regular?) your trainer can give you a gear set or strip you of all of it. Either way it doesn't matter. It's about showing that you have the ABILITIES (not gear) to handle things that may come up in a dungeon.

This isn't intended to replace the learning curve of a new instance, nor is it intended to replace a basic explanation of a fight to a person doing it the for first time. You're still going to learn along the way. Nobody expects every pug to be flawless. Mistakes are going to be made, and that's something most everyone understands. It's the pure blatant ignorance of class roles and necessities that we're trying to do away with here. It's the tank that refuses to take dnd or consecration out of their rotation when they charge right into a group of cc'd mobs, or the hunter who thinks he has to multi shot on EVERY pull. THOSE are the ones I'd like to keep out until they learn that what they're doing is NOT acceptable. The people that are willing to take advice and try to learn from their mistakes are just fine. As a matter of fact, they're usually quite enjoyable to run with.
85 Blood Elf Priest
Not sure if it should count toward dungeons, but I would love to see daily quests that are designed for healers/tanks rather than for just 'quest spec'
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]