To Blue posters... Hubris is not a good thing

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Add me to those who are weighing up the 'stay or go' decision with World of WarCraft.

I really love this hobby, I love my guild and enjoy the company of my guildmates.

Let me start by saying that yes i'm a casual, I admit I'm not the guy you'd want tanking your hard mode 25 man world first raids, I sometimes stand in bad stuff.

For me, Vanilla wow was a bitter sweet thing, sweet on one hand in that it was quite a fun hobby, bitter in that due to not really being into the whole 40 man molten core routine, or even in a 40 man raiding guild, I had to accept that an awful lot of game content would never be seen by me or those of my ilk, but we kept plodding on, doing BG's, questing, levelling alts and generally being the invisible 'filler' to the MMO scene.

Burning crusade was a step in the right direction, better questing than vanilla, some interesting encounters, plenty of instances, more BG's, and TWO (yes TWO) ten man raids!! For my little guild it was a godsend, yes we spend months enjoying Karazhan, sure we probably wiped on stuff the hardcore players would do with 2 players in greens with one of them offline but dammit, we enjoyed, for us it was hard but we got there in the end ;-)

Then.. WOTLK... for me and many, many other wow players of similiar ilk to myself and our guildies WOTLK was a wonderful experience, full line-up of 10 man raid content, plenty of instances, some fun achieves to work towards and the knowledge that if we tried hard, stuck with it, we would be able to one day perhaps get a shot at the Lich King himself.

Sure, we never did hard mode Ulduar, never killed Algalon, probably wiped way too many times on Sindragosa, and yes.. by close of WOTLK 'heroics' were fairly easy and farmable.

Then along comes Cataclysm....

To me WoW once again is begining to taste bitter / sweet, we've lost all but one of our healers, i'm the last tank standing, we're going to rebuild, we're working on heroics, but...I think you guy at Blizz missed the mark with heroics and i'll come right out and say it, you have tuned them too tightly.

A real sense of arrogance is comming from the blue posters and frankly I find it dissapointing.

I know what you were trying to achieve, you wanted Heroics to be more formidable, that's ok...I know that there are varying levels of skill, I know that there are players way better than me and my friends both in and external to our guild, I know that.

I don't expect heroics to be a face-roll, and frankly for me they weren't a faceroll in Cata, but I think you've set the bar too high for people who are still trying to gear up.

Healers are giving up in droves, I had a healer on team speak the other day in a pug literrally burst into tears, she was upset at the abuse she was getting, I could tell that she was doing her best but it obviously wasn't good enough, even with CC on mobs, cooldonws being used, careful DPS she was OOM by the time we got to the 3rd mob in the kill order... and I see this in almost every single heroic I do.

I look at the healer forums and almost want to weep at what I see, I speak to healers on vent/teamspeek and they no longer enjoy playing wow.

And frankly that's what this comes down to...

For the highly skilled, truly awesome players with digital reflexes i'm sure heroics are easy, they could probably do them in greens.

But for people like myself and others, it's like being hit in the face with a brick.

Some of the boss mechanics are just ridiculous.

OK I know i'm going to get flamed, told that I suck, told to quit etc etc...

But I'm deeply concerend at the number of people I know who are quitting or who just don't want to log in anymore and that have allowed the sub to lapse.

But the hubris being displayed by some of the blue posters, the contempt that is being displayed just smacks of pure arrogance.

And frankly, what on earth has become of the wow player base... do you really WANT the millions of people who signed up in WOTLK to quit and canel their accounts.. i'm sure Activision would just love that...

Blizz... please do not make the same mistakes you made in Vanilla and BC, yes take what you learned in WOTLK to make wow a better game for EVERYONE but do not forget your casual, semi-skilled plodders like me, i'm not asking for massive nerfs or 'free epics', what I am saying is that you went too far for stuff that is meant to get people experienced in fight mechanics and pre-raid ready, you are literally hitting your fan-base in the face with a brick, which isn't fun for anyone.

Hubris will bite you... don't treat those who post their concerns here with such contempt... as they say... money talks and bull@*@* walks.

Thankyou for taking time to ready my ramblings, please take this feedback in the spirit in which it was given, from a long term subscriber who is concerned.

Your's Sincerely.
Edited by Liannah on 12/28/2010 2:56 AM PST
85 Dwarf Mage
To the OP...

1. Making posts that appeal directly to blues is against the forum rules.

2. No one here cares why you quit.

3. The game is not that hard, compared to comprable games.

4. Maybe an MMO isn't for you.

5. Wall of text reflected, crits OP for 5000000
8 Night Elf Druid
holy crap there are so many "my opinion is too important to put in the already existing 20 other threads" people coming out of the woodwork, with this heroics stuff.
8 Night Elf Druid
12/28/2010 2:55 AMPosted by Palnurnia
They dont want you anymore...

Sorry....

if you dont enjoy ripping your toenails out to get more hardcore, the game isnt for you anymore.
LOL at being so pathetic as to compare heroics in a game to that. Sure wish you would stay "quit", rather than come back in a week, that is if you even do really ever leave.

5. Wall of text reflected, crits OP for 5000000
In defense of the unigue snowflake OP, while TL;DR may apply to those with the attention or reading ability of a gnat, it is far from a wall of text crit.
Edited by Shoo on 12/28/2010 3:02 AM PST
85 Human Paladin
Wow.

Can any of you people complaining about X reason condense your agonizingly long posts into a few coherent paragraphs? Seriously, that is just too much to read. Do you really expect a Blue to read all of that incoherent rambling?

If you want people to take you seriously, then you need to communicate your thoughts effectively as well as give a good argument.

90 Blood Elf Hunter
It took 2 minutes to read that, its not too long. It was well thought out and nicely put.

I agree with all she has to say.

Herorics should be challenging but after a couple of wipes to learn it you should be able to nail the encounter. Not have these fights where one mistake, one missed interupt, 3 seconds too long standing in a puddle etc. wipes the groups. That isn't challenging when you're in a pug, its a nightmare.
71 Undead Warlock
I agree with pretty much everything you said. I'm in a guild where most people don't read guides on how to be uber beasts at their class, we have a few that do and they try to give advice to those that don't but a fair portion of my guild mates just don't have what it takes to excel at the game, be it from slow reflexes or whatever.

That didn't stop us from raiding a couple times a week in wrath, however with this expac, my guild most likely won't progress passed heroics. The majority of my guild isn't even geared for heroics yet... that's how casual of a guild it is.

I can't tell yet what's going to happen, but I have a feeling my guild is going to get pretty bitter with wow, whether or not it causes everyone to cancel remains to be seen.

They might stay just because they like hanging out with guild friends, but who knows.

Another reason to stay is that there really isn't anything comparable on the market.

I'm starting to get jaded towards Blizzard after some of their posts also.

The forums don't seem to give much sympathy to the "scrubs", and maybe Blizzard is listening too much to forum goers... the majority of people here seem to be massive elitist #*%#!#*s, the last people they should be taking advice from.
Edited by Shadeezan on 12/28/2010 3:19 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Hunter
12/28/2010 3:12 AMPosted by Moortum
It took 2 minutes to read that, its not too long. It was well thought out and nicely put.

I agree with all she has to say.

Herorics should be challenging but after a couple of wipes to learn it you should be able to nail the encounter. Not have these fights where one mistake, one missed interupt, 3 seconds too long standing in a puddle etc. wipes the groups. That isn't challenging when you're in a pug, its a nightmare.

strangely. i cant think of a single encounter that involves anything you've mentioned, that doesnt give you BLATANT and OBVIOUS warning signs first.

the heroics are tuned fine.

the only fight that i can think of that is arguably horrible is ripsnarl if you have no burst dps. and that's not a gear problem. that's a ret, shadow, kitty, and whatever else could use a little tweaking in the burst department, without murdering some PvP %@#*.

edit: at the person above me. My guild is casual. Your guild is bad. stop using the two terms synonymously.

Heroric Naz'Jar in Throne of the tides has a one hit kill spell she does on tanks (~125k hit on tanks) if its not interupted your tank is dead or near dead. The cast has a second cast time and she casts it half a dozen times in the fight. I know these things are easy with a guild with vent/experience but for the casuals who want to have fun in a dungeon its hell. Hardcores have their raids. Casuals should have their dungeons.
85 Dwarf Mage
12/28/2010 3:19 AMPosted by Aearie
Heroric Naz'Jar in Throne of the tides has a one hit kill spell she does on tanks (~125k hit on tanks) if its not interupted your tank is dead or near dead. The cast has a second cast time and she casts it half a dozen times in the fight. I know these things are easy with a guild with vent/experience but for the casuals who want to have fun in a dungeon its hell. Hardcores have their raids. Casuals should have their dungeons.

It has a 2 second cast time, which is pretty standard for spells which need to be interupted, in both heroic dungeon and raid content. The cast animation is increadibly obvious, her hands start glowing, and if you turn on cast bars in the standard UI, You should easily be able to identify when she is using it.

Classes that can interupt it:
Warlock
Priest
Mage
Marks hunter
Warrior
Rogue
DK
Feral
Shaman

Im probably missing at least one.
85 Human Paladin
It took 2 minutes to read that, its not too long. It was well thought out and nicely put...

No, the format of what he wanted to say was not well thought out. OP could have said the same thing without taking up half a thread page.

For the record, I skimmed through the entire post. His argument seems to be "Heroics are too hard for some people, so you should nerf them for all". This is not a compelling argument. Especially since he doesn't have any proof to back it up. The healers he is talking about could be terrible players for all we know, or they could be playing with a group of terrible players.
Edited by Omèn on 12/28/2010 3:34 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Hunter
12/28/2010 3:28 AMPosted by Omèn
It took 2 minutes to read that, its not too long. It was well thought out and nicely put...

No, the format of what he wanted to say was not well thought out. OP could have said the same thing without taking up half a thread page.

How does that invalidate the point of the thread? What does that have to do with anything?
71 Undead Warlock
12/28/2010 3:12 AMPosted by Moortum

edit: at the person above me. My guild is casual. Your guild is bad. stop using the two terms synonymously.

I'd much rather be in a guild with decent human beings that are "bad" than in a guild with scumbags.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]