To Blue posters... Hubris is not a good thing

(Locked)

91 Human Warlock
Cataclysm Heroics are harder then Wrath Heroics, but are still easier then Burning Crusade Heroics, by a long shot, and even easier then the original lvl 60 5 mans.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Is this a highly ranked OP because people like the word "hubris" so much?

Or is it just because people like blaming blue posters for things?
85 Tauren Paladin
12/28/2010 8:49 AMPosted by Asheal
Is this a highly ranked OP because people like the word "hubris" so much?

Or is it just because people like blaming blue posters for things?

I'm guessing a little of Column A and a little of Column B.
85 Human Paladin
I think the blue comments come off a lot worse than they should due to a major oversight with the design of this expansion. There are very few normal dungeons for level 85 characters to do while gearing up for heroics.

A lot of the skilled players don't even realize how tedious it is to run normal dungeons. You get the same 3 dungeons over and over. When you finally get to heroics, you can run Deadmines, Shadowfang Keep, Throne of Tides, Blackrock Caverns, Stonecore, Vortex Pinnacle. So you get 3 times the variety of content once you are ready for heroic dungeons.

Do any "hardcore" players really think it is right that less skilled players only get 3 dungeons? I certainly love the difficulty of heroics, but I also totally understand players getting a little tired of running Halls of Origination, Grim Batol, and Lost City of the Tol'vir. If there were level 85 non-heroic versions of all 9 dungeons you can run on heroic, I'm sure we'd see a lot fewer complaints about having to hang out in normal dungeons all day.
90 Tauren Druid
Although I do not agree with most of the things you said. Two things stand out to me. For the most part you were respectful and you thoroughly thought your feelings out. I respect that.

The other thing that stands out is Healer abuse. I have seen healer abuse. It is horrible and healers are doing the best they can. I can no longer heal on my druid I simply do not have the mana pool for it. I'm sure it's my gear and the cost of casting. I will run dps till this is worked out.

I have also seen some very respectful players. I saw a Priest say OMG I'm not cut out for this. The tank said No your fine, we'll get through this. Before anything else was said. The Priest just left group and we were put back in que. We would have ran that whole heroic with that Priest and gave them the time they needed to adjust. Or at least to the bosses we could get down. As I'm yet to finish a heroic. Mainly because I need better gear, chants, and some tuning. I also pug a lot which is a major reason I'm yet to finish.

However I do still heal on my priest. I do well to conserve mana. My spells are still pretty efficient. I spend most of my healing on tanks who are getting hit like they were run over by a mack truck. Again I am sure this is their gear. Also the fact that some of them are very inexperienced beyond wrath. Most tanks do not mark or do not know how to mark. They don't take charge. I love keeping people alive but, I sometimes have to look at dps, skill, and who is the MVP's of the group. If they do not fall in the top MVP spots then their the last to get access to my liquid gold I call mana. I will always try to keep the Tank up he/she has immunity from that MVP selection. It is bad dps that will then suffer with epic repair bills. Not that I will not do my best to spare some heals for them. But, why should I heal someone who is standing in stuff or not doing their best to reduce damage.

Tanks need to learn to take charge. If they can't then someone else needs to step up and do so. The problem is this offends most tanks. They hate when you mark CC. I don't care if they say oh you don't need to cc in regulars well even if you didn't need to which I feel you do. Now is a good time to practice. It is also a good time for tanks to learn to mark. That big orange is not first kill please quit marking it as such. That X is not going to get rooted, sorry to me I'm going to attack it next.

So, instead of simply quitting and leaving those behind that depend on you and enjoy your company. Maybe you should be the one to step up and take charge. Maybe you should go watch the fights. Learn universal signs of marking. Learn what each class using for CC and direct them to do so with the appropriate marking and direction.

If you still decide to move on. Then best of luck to you.

12/28/2010 9:05 AMPosted by Britchrodd
A lot of the skilled players don't even realize how tedious it is to run normal dungeons. You get the same 3 dungeons over and over. When you finally get to heroics, you can run Deadmines, Shadowfang Keep, Throne of Tides, Blackrock Caverns, Stonecore, Vortex Pinnacle. So you get 3 times the variety of content once you are ready for heroic dungeons.

This I agree with. The extra heroics should also be available as regulars. Therefore if nothing else players can get use to the boss mechanics and layout of the dungeon.
Edited by Lunartic on 12/28/2010 9:09 AM PST
I remember everyone complained that Halls of Lightning Heroic was insane, like a 5-man hard mode raid, and that Loki would never fall!!!!1!!!omg!!!

The last time we ran it Loki was face planting in about 20 seconds.

We're 2-3 weeks in. Things will sort out like they always do.
Edited by Lsrei on 12/28/2010 9:09 AM PST
12/28/2010 9:09 AMPosted by Lsrei
I remember everyone complained that Halls of Lightning Heroic was insane, like a 5-man hard mode raid, and that Loki would never fall!!!!1!!!omg!!!

The last time we ran it Loki was face planting in about 20 seconds.

We're 2-3 weeks in. Things will sort out like they always do.

This.
12/28/2010 9:15 AMPosted by Tubalcain
I agree. I've never seen a company that talks to their customers like Blizzard does. Anywhere.

What would you prefer?

SquareEnix?

There's a very, very good reason FFXIV turned out as it did.

THAT is hubris.
100 Human Paladin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7KCDxDDcuc
85 Orc Warrior
Hubris? Arrogance? It seemed to me more like a well thought out response to thousands of whiny children.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]