Sinking During Swimming?

62 Draenei Paladin
Okay, so I wasn't really sure where to post this, but does anyone else have trouble now with swimming and flying? For instance, automatically sinking/diving and unable to actually stay in a straight line when going forward?

This is happening to me about 94% of the time, and it's enough to give anyone motion sickness when trying to keep yourself from diving too far while swimming or flying.

Any suggestions on how to fix this to get it to stop?!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Hold your right mouse button and drag to change the camera angle, which will change your pitch.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
94 Blood Elf Hunter
It's pretty bad. It got worse a few months ago for some reason, I noticed; my swimming angle will not stay constant. I can fix my camera angle as I swim to ensure I'm swimming in a straight line, and hold down nothing but the W (forward) key... then all of a sudden start swimming downwards again. I have no idea why this is. It's the same with flying.

It's just a constant fight with the camera using right mouse button; I wish I knew how to make it behave like it used to when I first started playing. >>;
Reply Quote
62 Draenei Paladin
I've tried the mouse button thing. It doesn't really help that much. Is it just a glitch or something? Or was something reset that we just don't know about?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I used to have this exact problem until I learned to hold down the right mouse button like someone suggested (that stupid lobster quest in Stormwind Harbor was making me want to kick puppies). There's no glitch with the actual game. If you're pitching up or down while you hold the W key, you just need to use the right mouse button to adjust it. Or you can hold the mouse button down and go wherever you want with pinpoint accuracy.

Just get up in the air and practice using nothing but W and the right mouse button. No spacebar or anything.
Reply Quote
62 Draenei Paladin
That seems like a lot to do just to keep yourself going straight though. There's no kind of setting or anything that you can do to fix the problem?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/30/2010 7:46 PMPosted by Kahlana
That seems like a lot to do just to keep yourself going straight though. There's no kind of setting or anything that you can do to fix the problem?

Holding down the right mouse button to adjust pitch while pressing a single key to move forward is "a lot to do" for you? The controls aren't that bad, just not well introduced to players who experience the XYZ axis movement for the first time when swimming or flying.
Reply Quote
62 Draenei Paladin
Well, not necessarily a lot, but when all I had to do was move forward and could control my rising and falling actions myself rather than the game forcing my toon to sink, it's rather aggravating.

All I want to know is if there's a way to reset whatever control this is so that it goes back to the way things were as far as this subject is considered.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
One thing I do to level out when I'm flying is hit the ground twice. The first time you take off from a location, tap the space bar and let your character hit the ground once. This will level your character out perfectly. From then on, so long as you only use the spacebar to ascend and keep your finger off the right mouse button, you wil be able to travel with only the W key and not have to worry about hitting the ground like that.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
It used to be that your character would always hug the service whenever you swam in water unless you made them go down. After one of the patches, it was changed so your character swims at the same angle as the ground they were on when they first entered the water. So that means your character will be swimming down when they get in the water. Space bar/X will make you go up and down but as was said above, it doesn't permanently adjust the pitch. The mouse is the only way to change pitch (commonly called mouse look). I don't know why this what changed or even if it's considered a bug. Many people reported it as a bug, but Blizzard never responded. We can only guess they intend it to be this way now.
Edited by Thander on 1/1/2011 6:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
From then on, so long as you only use the spacebar to ascend and keep your finger off the right mouse button, you wil be able to travel with only the W key and not have to worry about hitting the ground like that.

How do you steer?

Something must be calibrated wrong on your mouse. It's designed to be used with the right mouse button and it's pretty effortless to do so, otherwise you'll be pressing all kinds of keys to steer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]