Is this a bug with paladins - Holy?

98 Blood Elf Paladin
Just ran into 2 issues there with my paladin.

1) I can't cleanse some diseases off in scholomance instance. I don't remember the names, but there are two of them which are not cleansable. Is that simply related to my level, or is it just a bug/design feature?

2) If I put Beacon of Light onto myself I don't get the extra heal. But if I put Beacon onto another player and heal them they get a second heal. Is it a bug that it doesn't work on self?

Thanks for any insight guys, and happy holidays.
Edited by Rallea on 12/24/2010 11:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
ok, just tested this.

Scenario A: Beacon on another player.

You heal yourself, the other player gets 50% of that heal.

You heal the other player, they get the main heal plus another 50%.

Scenario B: Beacon yourself

You heal yourself, you get just 1 heal.

You heal the other player, you get 50% of that heal, too.
Edited by Ehrion on 12/24/2010 11:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
98 Blood Elf Paladin
ok, just tested this.

I bolded the one I'm wondering about. I beacon myself, I heal myself and only get that one heal. Because if Beacon someone and heal them they get 2.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/24/2010 11:39 AMPosted by Rallea
ok, just tested this.

I bolded the one I'm wondering about. I beacon myself, I heal myself and only get that one heal. Because if Beacon someone and heal them they get 2.

the extra heal you are seeing on other people is because your Protector of the Innocent heal (which only procs when you heal other people) gets transfered to the beacon as well. Since when you heal yourself PotI never goes off you don't get the "secondary" heal. Hope that clears this up for you. Ignore the paladin who posted in response to you earlier, they are confused on how the mechanics work and should do a bit of research.
Reply Quote
12/24/2010 11:58 AMPosted by Pandaren
Ignore the paladin who posted in response to you earlier, they are confused on how the mechanics work and should do a bit of research.

So the Protector heals me, and is then 50% of that is transferred to the beacon?

Edit: If what you I think you are saying (and what i posted just above this) is true, then it does not make sense.

Beacon of Light states "Each heal you cast on a party or raid member will heal the beacon for 50% of that heal."

Protector of the Innocent is not a "castable" heal, nor does it have a "target" for mechanic purposes.
Edited by Ehrion on 12/24/2010 12:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
98 Blood Elf Paladin
12/24/2010 11:58 AMPosted by Pandaren

the extra heal you are seeing on other people is because your Protector of the Innocent heal (which only procs when you heal other people) gets transfered to the beacon as well. Since when you heal yourself PotI never goes off you don't get the "secondary" heal. Hope that clears this up for you. Ignore the paladin who posted in response to you earlier, they are confused on how the mechanics work and should do a bit of research.

The transfer of Protector of Innocent doesn't make sense to me, because I don't have to have it in order to have a Beacon. Aren't those considered two totally different entities? Or is this simply a mechanic that isn't ToolTipped documented properly on the talent tree?
Reply Quote
Ok, tested again and it seems it works like this:

Beacon on another player...
Heal them, they get the heal, your Protector of the Innocent heals you, then half of the heal from POTI goes back to the Beacon. It makes it look like the beacon is proccing the 2nd heal, when mathematically it has to be the POTI proc.

I refer to my above post about it not making sense from a wording/mechanic view because POTI is not a "heal I cast on a party member," therefore it should not be transferred to the beacon.

I'm not saying we shouldn't get free heals, bur at least make the wording reflect what actually happens.

Blizz should really make Holy mastery proc on Enlightened Judgement then, even though Judgement isn't a "target" spell.

Learn a lil something every day.
Edited by Ehrion on 12/24/2010 12:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
1) I think there are a couple "Diseases" in Scholo that are actually classified in-game as Curses. Go figure.

2) Please reference http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1406591468#4 for all Beacon-related queries.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The transfer of Protector of Innocent doesn't make sense to me, because I don't have to have it in order to have a Beacon. Aren't those considered two totally different entities? Or is this simply a mechanic that isn't ToolTipped documented properly on the talent tree?

Blizzard has confirmed explicitly that the transfer of the Protector of the Innocent heal to the beacon target is intended. The tooltips, as always, could probably use a bit of reworking.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
1) I can't cleanse some diseases off in scholomance instance. I don't remember the names, but there are two of them which are not cleansable. Is that simply related to my level, or is it just a bug/design feature?

Can you remember which mobs cast these? For example, the Plagued Hatchlings have a stackable Diseased Spit ability where cleanse will remove only one stack (or at least it did the last time I healed it years ago). A similar problem occurs with Reanimated Corpses (in Jandice Barov's hideout). They move slowly and at least in the original incarnation you wanted to kite them, because they dealt pretty horrible damage if their disease stacked up.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I think Angelique has it right. They stack a disease. There are also a few curses getting thrown out in there which you won't be able to dispel.
Reply Quote
98 Blood Elf Paladin
This was something casted by the undead lady in the basement. It was a disease, not a curse. I moused over to verify.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]