Can Paladins be Primary Healers as lowbies ?

72 Troll Druid
Or must they reach a specific level for talents in the holy tree to make their healing worthwhiles ?

I don't do quests, just dungeon runs, and basically I want to know if I can level as a Holy Paladin primary healer from say 15 to 85.

Thanks for your insights.

Reply Quote
53 Human Paladin
It seems you could, but you really don't start getting "holy" mail gear till the later levels. So if you want to be a healer with cloth robes, go for it. I'm not trying to say not to but go prot until the later levels
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
We most definitely can.
Reply Quote
72 Troll Druid
So shoot for INT/SPI gear pre-60 regardless if its Cloth or Leather ?

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes. You don't get the intellect bonus for wearing all plate until level 50, and even then it's not a huge deal if you want to wear some cloth stuff. Healing plate is easier to obtain once you go into Outlands and Northrend.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
There's actually a few good lowbie healing mail/plate quest rewards as well now, and if you're leveling through instances, you'll get a lot of good stats from your random bag. Most likely, anyhow.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
12/26/2010 2:19 PMPosted by Farranor
Always need any holy gear/prot gear that is an upgrade

You'll want the prot gear so that if the tank leaves

Did he leave because you were Needing on his gear?

I love losing tanking gear to dpsers or healers, especially when they wait for me to roll need before they click it too, because then I get to stand still and tell them to either give me the gear or leave (or vote me out and wait for another tank).

It's one thing to snag gear that would just be getting vendored... but make tanking better for everyone by not taking gear that a tank needs.
Reply Quote
74 Blood Elf Paladin
Since they revamped the 1-60 zones/dungeons, its amazingly easy to get healing gear. I healed RFC and Deadmines with white gear on, just using holy shock and word of glory. Its very easy, and its very possible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]