Where are all the Boomkins?

85 Draenei Paladin
You have a special place in my heart and I'm worried about you- have you left me forever? I've been healing a lot of random heroics, a few every day if I can, and have yet to see a boomkin as DPS. I've seen one bear since cata was released, but he couldn't tell me anything. Where have you all gone?

I miss my cuddly animals! Won't you please come back?

/hugs
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
They rerolled Feral for easier and higher DPS. LoL
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
They went from moonfire spam to rake spam.

If they do nerf ferals they will be back
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I refuse to believe that all my cuddly boomkins could be so opportunistic. This is blaspheme!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
im still here.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/26/2010 2:50 PMPosted by Bearaids
im still here.

No, you aren't. You're a figment of the OP's imaginative hope.
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Shaman
actually i went bear for instant queues and cat because i have started to like cat better. i don't have the gold or time to respec constantly and try to keep three sets of gear updated.

i

i'm sorry
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
hi! I'm a moonkin! Well, on my main (Nightshaded). I just enjoy posting with this character. They could make it so the only ability moonkins have are Wild Mushrooms and I'd still main one.

Actually, I like playing a moonkin atm, but I'm not so much paying attention to DPS as much as doing my job in heroics. While DPS can be important to make the fight shorter for the healer, it's more important to stay alive/avoid damage while doing what the fight requires. It's kind of nice.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
There weren't many of us to begin with to start, but the spec isn't setting anyone's hair on fire come Cata is probably why.

It's passable in group PvE. Will probably quietly coast along in the middle of the pack.

Everything else you'd want to do with the spec now? Meh.

It isn't even just a question of being OP/UP or whatever, the spec managed to lose what little definition it had before. There's no real "oh boy I want to play a Moonkin" feeling anymore. Wasn't much before either, but now it's like entirely gone.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Got tired of turreting one spell so that I could turret a different spell. Spec is kind of fun when you have a ton of haste, but not so much when you're in quest/dungeon blues.

The artificial nature of trying to make both wrath and starfire useful via Eclipse is just not that interesting after a short while. AoE, which was one of the strong points for balance, is nerfed across the board. Being the best at AoE is being smartest in the dumb row.

Cyclone lasts 6 seconds and has diminishing returns even in PvE. Our silence/interrupt has a 1 minute cooldown. It sucks trying to help with dungeon CC if/when casters are the major threat.

Balance used to be about two things: Spamming a hard hitting nuke, and AoE damage. It's not about either of those now.
Edited by Ndamunkong on 12/26/2010 4:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
I havent seen any boomkins or rets in any instance yet
Reply Quote
12/26/2010 3:49 PMPosted by Minotaurum
And I use it in extremely melee-unfriendly heroics.

<3 you as a healer

Also, I've seen plenty of moonkins so far. Most of them do high dps but they also tend to know what they're doing. Probably why they didn't switch to the new favorite of feral.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
They're probably queuing as resto, since the gear is pretty much the same in Cataclysm.

But, I still queue as moonkin. We still do very good damage.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
AXE
12/27/2010 11:37 AMPosted by Onawne
They're probably queuing as resto, since the gear is pretty much the same in Cataclysm.

Right on the button. Why queue as a mediocre DPS spec when you can damn-near instaqueue as a healer using the same gear? I don't like waiting 50 mins to wind up in a group where *I* have the best CC (which is sad in itself, poor poor warriors).
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/27/2010 11:37 AMPosted by Onawne

This. I moonkin in guild runs, resto if I ever brave randoms.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Don't you worry! I'm gonna be there to be cuddly!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]