Can we tone down Affliction Lock Self Healing

85 Blood Elf Hunter
Every BG, its the same damn story while trying to farm honor: Get lit up with dots, fear spammed until on DR, death coiled, while being hit with drain life channel, if I try to run away its game over as well with curse of exhaustion. Sure I lay traps, scatter, and masters call to try and get away but by that time dots have pretty much tore me a new one. Even when a healer on my team is present healing me, they eventually stop because I end up doing no damage on the warlock and they'd rather spend their precious mana on a different dps.

Widow venom doesnt even do much against warlocks, not to mention if there is a healer around its just instantly dispelled and their resources > my resources.

Hunter PvP right now is just pathetic. Classes like ret pallies I feel I have a good chance against but for the most part casters and warriors just arent even fun to try and kite or kill.

Ive tried every imaginable spec, pet combo and it certainly isnt what I had envisioned for the beginning of the expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
iv seen a dk do 220k healing against a enhance shammy in a 1v 1 situation

affliction lock self healing is overpowered, but theres a few things in the front of the line
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Hunter PvP is just plain broke right now. There are only a few classes I expect to kill anymore.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes, please. It's like season 2 all over again.
...right after nerfing Frost DKs, Feral Druids, and Arms Warriors.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warlock
I'll make you a deal. You give me an escape from melee, and then you can nerf my self-healing.

PS: With all the gap-closers in the game, port doesn't really do much.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Port + fear + death coil + instant howl of terror + curse of exhaustion
The problem isn't "melee" it's Warriors. They're immune to your main form of defense and don't care about snares when they have so many teleports.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Locks have a ton of ways to keep range from melee its just warriors like was said.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
12/26/2010 9:23 PMPosted by Tonîc
The problem isn't "melee" it's Warriors. They're immune to your main form of defense and don't care about snares when they have so many teleports.

Fear breaks so fast on damage now I don't know how any of you are having a problem with it, honestly. In a typical situation, mine lasts all of 1.5 seconds before my own dots break it, let alone if somebody else hits the target. Locks have always been more the "tank caster". If you take away a locks tank-ness, you would have to give them more ways of dealing with not only melee, but every other class as well. Self healing may be a little over the top right now, but there are so many other things that are MUCH more broken and in dire need of attention, especially in the case of the poor hunters.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
12/26/2010 8:54 PMPosted by Teagann
Hunter PvP right now is just pathetic. Classes like ret pallies I feel I have a good chance against but for the most part casters and warriors just arent even fun to try and kite or kill.

Ive tried every imaginable spec, pet combo and it certainly isnt what I had envisioned for the beginning of the expansion.

So you have an issue with Hunter PvP defense, escapes, and mechanics...and you asked for affliction Warlock nerfs? How does that make any sense?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
12/26/2010 9:11 PMPosted by Soulltrain
I'll make you a deal. You give me an escape from melee, and then you can nerf my self-healing.

PS: With all the gap-closers in the game, port doesn't really do much.

Stop putting your port in terrible locations, and try using curse of exhaustion + soul burn port.

Game isn't balanced around terrible players. Good locks have absolutely no trouble fearing warriors during their berserker rage downtime, jumping charges (Skill right?) and kiting with CoE + soulburn port. Locks are more than fine, and are only not on the top QQ list of the forums because they don't crit you for 20k like other classes.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I agree. What we need to do here is attack the whole self-healing range of aff locks. I suggest a few changes:

- Modify drain life so the life drained no longer scales with crit or damage ... maybe make it restore a tiny percentage of the warlocks health restored per tick. Top this off by lowering the duration so any gains from haste will be insignificant in PvP.
- Adjust siphon life in the same way, and make it a random chance per tick of corruption rather than a consistent drain on every tick so warlocks can no longer rely on it.
- Remove any death coil and haunt scaling with the new health pools so they only restore a tiny portion of overall health.

Does this sound like a reasonable level of nerfing to Affliction lock self healing?
Reply Quote
23 Dwarf Hunter
warlocks have been free hks for warriors for awhile now, especially affliction. destro was the only spec that stood a remote chance against a warrior 1v1, mostly thanks to shadowfury.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
12/26/2010 10:03 PMPosted by Locck

So you have an issue with Hunter PvP defense, escapes, and mechanics...and you asked for affliction Warlock nerfs? How does that make any sense?

Historically any warlock that shows up into arena against a hunter team has amazing odds to win the match just based on how Warlocks work.

Warlocks in general right now are broken. With some pvp gear, and the lack of a true 50% MS effect I am drain tanked all day until I am dead and they are left at around 80% at BEST.

How is this even fair? Drain life was balanced around a 50% MS and now we have 10% and if its against a hunter team, dont even expect that widow venom put up since it will be dispelled ASAP and the resource cost is not fine for any sort of competitive PVP play.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
12/26/2010 10:21 PMPosted by Teagann

Historically any warlock that shows up into arena against a hunter team has amazing odds to win the match just based on how Warlocks work.

Warlocks in general right now are broken. With some pvp gear, and the lack of a true 50% MS effect I am drain tanked all day until I am dead and they are left at around 80% at BEST.

How is this even fair? Drain life was balanced around a 50% MS and now we have 10% and if its against a hunter team, dont even expect that widow venom put up since it will be dispelled ASAP and the resource cost is not fine for any sort of competitive PVP play.

except drain life was a joke with 50% ms up. hell drain life was barely acceptable with no ms.
Reply Quote
A class with limited defenses that relies on dots to deal damage and self heal to stay alive can sometimess kill a class that can't dispel and self heal itself?

Flawed design imo.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
You mean playing god mode with training wheels? Nobody can take any warlock here seriously if you're defending that warlocks have LIMITED Defenses.

3 fears until immune to DR, demonic portal (too many warlocks dont even use this), soul link, death coil. You have a lot of tools at your disposal, and when most of the medium to long CD's are used up your fear is probably back off DR.

I am not even talking 1 v 1 against a hunter and warlock.

Even in group play, its damn near impossible to do any sort of damage when its a warlock with a healer.

SELF healing is a big problem, if you dont see it as one, you enjoy being overpowered and are delusional.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]