Can we tone down Affliction Lock Self Healing

80 Night Elf Death Knight
ummm, did you not look at your spellbook tab and see trap launcher + wyvern + scatter + wing clip + deterrence + kill command + et al ?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
12/27/2010 11:00 AMPosted by Slyse
ummm, did you not look at your spellbook tab and see trap launcher + wyvern + scatter + wing clip + deterrence + kill command + et al ?

CALM DOWN YOU'RE NOT MAKING ANY SENSE!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/27/2010 10:50 AMPosted by Deprivation

PS: With all the gap-closers in the game, port doesn't really do much.
Yes. You forgot to mention the vast additions of interrupts, stuns and other various forms of CC that every class got (except Shamans, ofc). :)
Eh, enhance can glue to warlocks just fine either way.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
I have to agree, warlocks life drain is so pitiful now theres seriously no reason for anyone to be complaining.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Long live the DoT specs, down with everyone else.
Reply Quote
12/27/2010 10:37 AMPosted by Blacktide
I rerolled shadowpriest from warlock after 5 years. It's a million times better in pretty much every way, and I guarantee a lot nastier in PvP. I find it amusing that I left my favored class because its strengths were nerfed to the ground and affliction in particular didn't seem to have much going for it anymore, yet here you are still crying about every little chance at success warlocks might have. I even saw a thread asking for CoEx nerfs...come on! Everything a lock touches becomes overpowered in the perception of the community, and I am sooooo glad I don't have to deal with that stigma anymore.

On this character I get handed all kinds of toys and tricks, things warlocks have been begging for during the last 4 years or so, but people in general seem to be ok with it. FFS this toon gets self healing from every source of damage in my shadow arsenal, plus a 90% shield wall AND my own bubbles/dispels. Never mind that it heals the group too, or that I still have access to targetted heals. But you're gonna sit and cry over a talent that's been nerfed into a hollow shell of what it once was? Or were you mainly complaining about the limp green beam tickling you with pitiful damage while you refuse to hit your interrupt button? My blue beam hits HARD and SLOWS while all my dots HEAL me lmao.

Ignorant bias, that's all it is and ever was. You need to point the finger at yourself and learn to play. If you think warlocks are a problem you better start running when you see this priest in a bg.

For the love of all that is holy, take your collective boots off warlocks' necks and let them see the light of day for a patch or two.

this is the most informative post out there about the issues; i'd give my leg for any one of the defenses that S. Priests get - theyre way more survivable than any Afflock.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
12/26/2010 9:03 PMPosted by Wafflefries
Their self healing compensates for no outs when trained by the melee train

Lock is fine. Hunter is underpowered. Dont confuse the two.

fun story, I got full blind + 5 saps + 3 full fears on a shaman in a 2 minute period, smoke bomb + dps trinket + pre-5DP stack + pre-rupture + full energy bar + disc priest burst + never sat more than 3s of fear, but despite all that the lock wouldn't die. Priest oomed and died to dots.

i'm not saying affli locks are OP simply from this one scenario, but he basically just 2v1d us, and he wasn't even good by any means, this was like a 1800 team tops.

I just kind of sat there like "... WTF"
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
12/26/2010 10:08 PMPosted by Säje
I'll make you a deal. You give me an escape from melee, and then you can nerf my self-healing.

PS: With all the gap-closers in the game, port doesn't really do much.

Stop putting your port in terrible locations, and try using curse of exhaustion + soul burn port.
Port + fear + death coil + instant howl of terror + curse of exhaustion
The problem isn't "melee" it's Warriors. They're immune to your main form of defense and don't care about snares when they have so many teleports.

Game isn't balanced around terrible players. Good locks have absolutely no trouble fearing warriors during their berserker rage downtime, jumping charges (Skill right?) and kiting with CoE + soulburn port. Locks are more than fine, and are only not on the top QQ list of the forums because they don't crit you for 20k like other classes.

this, with the introduction of the new CoE a good lock has no problems kiting melee except probably feral druids and warriors, but no one else can kite them anyways. lock self healing is out of control and when people start getting more resilience i guarantee you they will be crying about locks more than anything else
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]