WoW Membership?

(Locked)

7 Night Elf Warrior
I was playing the 10 day free trial for catalaysm but than i got cataclysm for christmas but when I upgraded my account and under my STATUS it says: Canceled (Expires: 1/3/2011 8:11 PM) does this mean cataclysm dosn't come with membership??? Cause that is really stupid if you have to buy the game for $40 than membership for another $30 also?? or does that mean when my trial accounts ends and thats when my real membership will start?? Please help need to know if i need to go buy more membership.
76 Night Elf Druid
Cataclysm doesn't come with free membership
100 Human Mage
The games do NOT come with membership. You have to pay 14.99/month.

When your trial ends you can either not play anymore OR upgrade your account and get a game time card/set up a subscription.

If you choose to continue playing, you just upgrade that account. You won't have to start a new character or anything.

edit for clarification:

Even though your account says "canceled", it's not really. That just means that you have no subscription set up or have no time card put in.
Edited by Pyromania on 12/27/2010 12:19 AM PST
62 Gnome Mage
You can't go from the trial directly to Cataclysm. You need to buy the original game, the Burning Crusade expansion, the Wrath of the Lich King expansion, THEN you can upgrade to Cataclysm.

And yes, there is a monthly membership fee to play the game, or you can buy pre-paid game time cards.
- World of Warcraft
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Only the original World of Warcraft game comes with 30 days of game time. The expansions do not.

You'll have to buy game time as you go, or set up a subscription plan to pay monthly.
7 Night Elf Warrior
ok thank you guys guess ill have to buy more membership and Frosteez i did buy all of them lol =] didnt want to feel left behind =[
62 Gnome Mage
The original game should have come with 30 days of gametime to start out. When you look at your battle.net account page, what version does it say you are on? Does it say "Cataclysm"?
55 Dwarf Paladin
i bought the one that was 35% off witch had all upgrades in one bundle do i also have to buy membership cause it says i am trail and i have to wait when i try to speak otloud during game
85 Night Elf Druid
06/18/2011 06:01 PMPosted by Armadais
i bought the one that was 35% off witch had all upgrades in one bundle do i also have to buy membership cause it says i am trail and i have to wait when i try to speak otloud during game

Posting in a thread from last year won't help you. Check the timestamp of the posts before necroposting.

If you bought the retail box copies of the games, go to battle.net and use the authentication keys from the CD sleeves to upgrade your account. You don't have to redownload or purchase anything else, however you will have to purchase game time once the free 30 days (that comes from upgrading a trial account) expire.
90 Tauren Paladin
06/18/2011 06:07 PMPosted by Icedragon
If you bought the retail box copies of the games, go to battle.net and use the authentication keys from the CD sleeves to upgrade your account. You don't have to redownload or purchase anything else, however you will have to purchase game time once the free 30 days (that comes from upgrading a trial account) expire.

I don't think anyone is offering all the games in one budle yet so it sounds like he might have purchased them online. If that is indeed the case then you need to wait 3 business days for the bank to clear your purchase before you account is taken off trial status.
100 Human Mage
Bundle can be a marketing term as well... last fall, Blizz had a discounted "bundle" that was all 3 expansions for 50% off... my guess is they would arrive as 3 boxed retail copies. Turned out, amazon was actually less expensive for 3 retail boxes!

It WOULD be good if they DID have a single retail item that would take everyone from the trial to full Cata.
90 Night Elf Rogue
06/20/2011 07:38 AMPosted by Brightbrown
Bundle can be a marketing term as well... last fall, Blizz had a discounted "bundle" that was all 3 expansions for 50% off... my guess is they would arrive as 3 boxed retail copies.

Nope, boxes weren't sent out to purchasers, Blizzard just auto-updated the battle.net account that purchased them. No extra downloading (except for the beginning cut-scenes), no waiting for a shipment to arrive 5 days later (though if you purchased them just before a holiday, weekend, or long-weekend it could take a few days for the payment to clear), and no need for installation CD's.
1 Night Elf Hunter
90 Troll Priest
06/07/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Ajwertyuioiu

I'm not sure what you're posting here but this post is from 1 and a half years ago.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]