Guild wars 2

90 Human Paladin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zykt6KVaykA

Wow killer?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Vox
WoW Killer is like iPhone killer, everyone claims it. No one delivers.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
01/05/2011 11:15 AMPosted by Platino

Windows phone.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Vox
Like I said, No one delivers.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Guild Wars 2 won't kill wow. People play Warcraft 2 to this day cause they like the WoW feel, nothing can kill it. I think a lot of people will leave tho. WoW has 2 more XP packs coming but the xp packs draw previous players in for just so long these days. I think what we will see over the next few months is a steady decline in the player base till most people are forced to either server change to a server with a dedicated core.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
I know i quit, im just playing Guild wars and LoL. The environment on wow hasnt been fun since bc. Honestly should have quit a long !@# time ago.

On topic: People play wow because their friends play wow. end of story. Guild wars 2 will only kill wow if your friends swap. However with the nerfs and proposed changes to wow it is hard to see why anyone still plays seriously. But to each their own.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Nothing will kill WoW. Although I think that ToR, GW2, and Tera will take solid chunk of players.

GW2 will probably take the largest since game is free to play.
Reply Quote
Nothing will kill WoW. Although I think that ToR, GW2, and Tera will take solid chunk of players.

It's not free to play, but it has no monthly fees. On top of that, it looks awesome!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

It's not free to play, but it has no monthly fees. On top of that, it looks awesome!

Isn't that free? And don't giveme that stuff about well you still have to buy it..... duh
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
nah its not a wow killer. makes me remember bc lock days fondly though
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Blizzard is the WoW killer. GW2 will be a better game, though.
Reply Quote
88 Undead Hunter
that all depends on how many ppl are true to there hatred to the panda race and pokemon like minigame.heres a way for you cry babys to get away from it.but as for me i like both i'm still gona play wow even with GW2.
Reply Quote
GW2 will not kill wow. Definitely going to play GW2, but the fact that there is no subscription fee's means I can still play gw2 to my hearts content, and stop by in wow for the same fee.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
well we got 2 free to play games coming out i'll going with guild wars 2 not D3
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Priest

Isn't that free? And don't giveme that stuff about well you still have to buy it..... duh

The catch is they will come out with "expansions" alot faster, a wow patch will be a GW2 expansion. But you know what they say semantics doesn't mean anything depending on how you interpret it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My entire guild and many other friends from other guilds have either already or will soon all be quitting WoW for GW2. It WILL put a major dent in Blizzard and Arenanet has vowed it to be the replacement. WoW needs a major scalable graphics upgrade and needs to produce content twice as fast as it has been. When you stop listening to the players, you lose them. The dev team at GW2 is listening and has corrected all the chronic issues complained about in WoW. For example: They have an excellent scalable graphics engine, no running back to your corpse, no 15 minute flight to go across the world, travel is instant, no LFG since you can group with NPC's from local towns. They want their user base to spend more time playing rather than waiting on the game.
Reply Quote
41 Troll Druid
03/06/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Prokofiova
Blizzard is the WoW killer. GW2 will be a better game, though.

Beautifully said.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
01/05/2011 11:15 AMPosted by Platino

Dunno man.. WoW seems pretty dead on Spinebreaker to me so far... Disappointed actually.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
In addition, if anyone has noticed the depth of the PvP and the potential!??! I've played WoW's pvp to as far as it goes and let me say for 1. there are no healers (i played a healer), but pvp is so much better without them (much more balanced). 2. The capability to dodge (evading all attacks, again the skill of the player overcoming gear and stuff only money can buy and negates the worst thing in WoW pvp......(rogues are infamous for the stunlock *being stunned for ongoing 10-20+ seconds until you finally die despite your one trinket) 3. Back on the gear, the pvp in this game is more attuned to the skill of the player, maybe at the higher tournament play it plays more of a role, but for the most part...gear will not carry you through pvp like in WoW. 4. They took out everything lame and obnoxious a rogue could do it pvp (1. arena match go stealth with 3% health and fully heal up over 10 minutes. 2. Ganking...There is no permastealth). 5.PvP is much more chesslike as in it takes much more depth and knowledge/intuition/reflexes to be able to be effective become a player of skill, the difference between knowing what your opponent can do and what they are setting up on you is like trying to predict 6 moves ahead every instant of play instead of in WoW where its all pretty obvious since they dumb it down for the mass community of the game and its like 2 moves ahead at most. (played WoW for 6 years, probably close to zero raiding (how boring doing the same thing over and over again for weeks, dont be a noob) complete pvp since its so entrancing that different players and classes made it chaotic and different almost everytime except for blizzard messed this up all the time with class inbalance) *sidenote, yea class inbalance is hard to fix, but like, look at the competition, Guild wars 2 did it their first try after release basically*

Only talking about the PvP, the game guild wars 2 offers more to anyone who at all wants to compete and actually see how good they are at anticipating and defeating people with their own wits in a moments flash and also makes teamwork actually potent as it should be.

This post isn't even going to address the massive tidal wave of a difference in the fact that blizzard underestimates the importance of the visual stimulation and the personalized effect of a character can make (bond between player and character can definitely make the person that much more into the game), (lmao WoW has like what 5 different customization effects for your character.....Guild Wars 2 has 10 pages of choices....)

Also not going into too much depth, but just to touch base with some ill-based comments on the "wandering aimlessly in guild wars 2 instead of purposeful questing* first off WoW questing was probably the most pointless thing ever, those quests sucked the bbc for the most part. Guild Wars 2 has pretty much every 2 levels a Primary quest for you to do, where you character basically is in his/her own world and bottomline - one of those primary quests is the equivalent of like all the coolness of doing a WoW raid for the first time. And you have a minimap that shows you exactly where to go every step to get to them (not to mention instant transportation). On the downtime from primary quests there are super fun things in every area where you can only earn currencies (like skill points or money, or karma points) by doing quests that you work on with about 3-30+ other people, and there are panoramic scenes to unlock (about 10 per zone), hidden points of interest (cool spots that are hidden), and best of all jumping challenges (as in jumping up towers by finding random spots sticking out the walls and eventually getting to the top for rewards. -this is just touching the tip of the iceberg

-So as a Final note on this, Guild Wars 2 has a PvE side that is more friendly to the calculating/ not able to handle chaotic circumstances raider that the server will have zero respect for in any MMO. But for those of you who can PvP well and where teammates actually make a difference or the will to learn (and you dont hit your head with bricks at night), it is probably the most fun you ill have on any MMO, not to mention that when you get defeated in battle you are downed not killed and your teammates can revive you over 10 seconds or less if your not completely killed off first. Also there is no mana in this game. (had the same effect having no healing classes did- Super amazing and everyone was extremely happy about it despite their initial reaction)

Arenanet was like "This is what sucks about other MMO's, why put it in our game?" and they left it out. And they all lived happily ever after. The End. :)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
09/10/2011 07:10 PMPosted by Biotank
Guild Wars 2 won't kill wow. People play Warcraft 2 to this day cause they like the WoW feel, nothing can kill it. I think a lot of people will leave tho. WoW has 2 more XP packs coming but the xp packs draw previous players in for just so long these days. I think what we will see over the next few months is a steady decline in the player base till most people are forced to either server change to a server with a dedicated core.

I also want to comment on this to say that it is pretty true. Except for that while it may not kill WoW, WoW will never be the same (kind of like frodo at the end of LOTR when he cant go back to the shire). WoW will become a shell of what it once was, like Everquest 2, where the only players are the high end raiders that literally spent so much of their life calculating numbers and endless hours doing the same pointless stuff to maybe get gear/or waste another 10 hours, in the game that if they left they themselves "..would be...truly...lost" ----for this not to happen, guild wars 2 will have to fail like crazy somehow soon. but seeing the success of guild wars 1 and no subscription, international reviews by game critics around the world and the player base, the ecstasy of guild wars 2 will be crazy for at least the next month or year+.

Its without a doubt the best mmo ive ever played. <-- i came to this conclusion like 40 minutes into the game (where i was still creating my character LoLz) and that was what...14 days ago? Did i mention world vs world combat? its like arathi basin, but with npc's, 3 teams that each have 500 players (on 4 maps simultaneously - yes 2000-2000-2000 player matches for points all pooled together). While getting sandwiched by 2 teams is kind of hilarious, there is no other feeling better that ive ever felt in an MMO than seeing 20 members of my team come over a hill to help the party of 8 people im fighting with against a measly 12 opponents. (aka, no better feeling in a game than getting reinforcements in a fight )

the bottomline on this from my perspective is that Blizzard over the past 5 years has really seemed to be much more business oriented ever since they became ultra-sucessful and lost sight of what they originally had. While the annual pass was probably a pretty good deal...(not really), the amazing deals went to bringing in new players or should i say subscriptions (this includes that awesome SoR deal) to make more money off of, and ignoring the older consistent player base was a big mistake, as people who do this usually do it because their game is coming out and they have no old/consistent player base. and with the minor adjustments and reuse of weapons/gear in just different colors, blizzard has just been asking, no, begging for another game to take over, and then made the biggest joke of themselves putting all their cards in with panda's?!?! lol, goodjob, i think 12% of your playerbase was pleased with that, 8% amused, 80% went to guild wars 2. the 8% left after the first 2 months or would have if they didnt convince themselves after long hours that they werent already bored of the new builds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]