Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
I found this on a website and figured it might be helpful for people who aren't familiar with all the new dungeons yet.
Original Site - http://www.relicsofcorbantis.com/downloads/heroic_guide.pdf
- Spread out and avoid blitz.
- Have DPS slow the Malignant troggs and kill. Don’t let Malignant troggs explode near the boss. However, if you keep the Malignant Trogg CC'd throughout the Umbriss encounter no subsequent ones will spawn and you can then kill at the end.
- Tank picks up other troggs.
- Boss frenzies at 30 percent health. Pop cooldowns.
- Picks weapons and changes attack style based on selection.
- Sword – dispel magic debuff on tank.
- Mace – he’s slowed so kite him around. Avoid trail of flames. Will charge random members.
- Shield – will take no damage and cone in front – all need to be behind him to avoid damage and attack
- Move to avoid rock falls.
- Slow, root and kill summoned elemental. Will explode if it reaches its target.
- On dragon, avoid fire patches on the ground. Move when casting flame breath to avoid. Kill fire
- Will switch back to the warlock – burn him down.
- Move out of the way of Binding Shadows. Will heal the buff and do damage to the target.
- After Enfeebling Blow, tank has a debuff that increases damage taken. Try to minimize boss hits on the tank while this is on. And give him room for a good sized knockback.
- Shadow Gale – everybody needs to run to the safe spot in the middle. DPS should stack to one side to make running to the gale easier. Boss takes extra damage during gale.
- After Gale, two adds are spawned and will try to hatch eggs. DPS need to split and take them both down. The adds can be slowed but not stunned, if they get to eggs they heal the boss.
- Shield of Nightmares will be on one add – add will explode on death.
- Patrols so watch out.
- Interrupt his heal after the party has healed up a bit from Strangle – otherwise the tank might not
- Debuff put on random target – needs to be dispelled ASAP and target healed up.
- At 20 percent Dark Archangel form. Party needs to be topped off before this. Burn him down and AoE
- Group healing debuff.
- At 75, 50 and 25 percent he’ll summon a Worgen boss.
- Odo the Blindwatcher can be off-tanked and burned down.
- Wolfmaster Nandos spawns smaller wolf adds. Tank grabs them all and AoE them down.
- Razorclaw the Butcher. Shadowsteps. Pop cooldowns, ignore Razorclaw and burn down the boss.
Commander Springvale (Skippable)
- Need to burn boss while keeping the adds from casting. Unholy Empowerment heals the boss and gives
him a buff.
- Interrupt and kill the two adds as quick as possible.
- Tank should be able to grab one of the adds himself with the boss.
- Focus on the boss, pop cooldowns and burn him hard.
- Second set of adds, interrupt and kill again.
- Burn boss. CC any adds and concentrate on the boss.
- Throws poison debuffs – need to keep moving to clear green poison, stand still for red poison.
- Don’t stand in icy shards on the ground.
- Stay spread out.
- Heal through Toxic Catalyst and burn down the boss.
- Bring him down to the bottom and keep him pointed away from the group to avoid AoE on pistol barrage.
- Kill Bloodthirsty Ghouls quick – they have a mortal strike.
- Interrupt Cursed Bullets, or ensure that someone in the group is descursing the Cursed Bullets debuff.
Grand Vizier Ertan
- Stack in the center circle.
- The boss will spawn tornadoes which collapse to the middle occasionally, when this happens uses the spaces in between them to run out.
- Try and have everyone facing a different direction while killing the boss so the Lurking Tempest spawns stay hidden.
- Tank him facing away from the group as he does a cone-shaped AOE – DPS stand up-wind to get the haste buff. Wind moves around.
- Has a frontal breath you need to keep off the group.
- Whirlwinds will spawn in the beginning and move all over the platform, if they hit you they will knock you in the air. Warlocks can teleport out of it and priests can lifegrip if needed.
- Casts Chain Lightning which jumps very far, so depending on your group it might be easier to just heal through rather than spread way out.
- Casts Static Cling which roots everyone to the ground, jump right as he finishes his cast to avoid this. Healer needs to cleanse this magic root.
- Stand in the middle of the lightning triangle to avoid AoE damage.
- After the storm, spread out again.
Edited by Slantyline on 5/24/2011 2:14 PM PDT
- Drops threat every time he blinks around, be ready to taunt.
- At 50% he casts a fire wall. Stay out of the fire and avoid the runes on the floor.
- Will spawn adds, just concentrate on the boss.
- Avoid bombs being thrown by boss.
- Will pickup a random member and smash them.
- After the oaf is dead, Helix will jump on party members. Stand still and let the group beat
on Helix – but also need to avoid bombs.
- Chest bomb will be strapped to party members – everybody else must avoid when they blow up. Stand under the overhang to avoid fall damage after the bomb blows up.
Foe Reaper 5000
- Have on DPS control the Prototype Reaper. It can be healed and attacks, charges and knocks back.
When it dies it’ll respawn.
- Prototype must stun and kill adds before they get to their target.
- Harvest – move away from the area targeted.
- Overdrive – whirlwind you need to heal through.
- Enrages at 30 percent – need to burn down quickly.
- Vanishes at 75, 50 and 25 percent.
- Cleaves so don’t stack up.
- Will adds in clouds.
- Tank needs to pickup adds and they need to be killed.
- At 25 percent, grab adds but concentrate on killing the boss.
- Bad food makes you ill. Good food gives you buffs.
- The best way to deal with Cookie's food without taking excessive damage from the bad food auras is to alternate between eating the good and the rotten food.
- Run through first trial, avoiding fire.
- Stay together, kill the boss and mana up before getting the next nightmare.
- Ignore spiders and kill Felix.
- Avoid spinning Mario gates.
- Stun and taunt Worgen off the NPCs being attacked.
- Swing away to avoid taking damage from the exploding boat. Scream “hey you guys!” while doing so.
- Stand in the bubble to increase damage but also increase damage taken.
- Debuff from adds causes target to give off AoE damage to friendlies.
- Coordinate who takes which rope ahead of time.
- Move away from ground crystals and AoE.
- Kill crabs – they have a stacking bleed.
- Stay out of dust clouds when the boss returns.
- Avoid frontal AoE (except tank).
- Avoid falling pieces of the ceiling. Stay out of pools of fire on the ground.
- Hide behind pillars that are 10+ yards away from the boss during crystal storm – line of sight so you can’t be hit.
- Ignore his two debuffs – they actually help you break paralyze.
- Paralyze stuns you for 8 seconds … if it isn’t broken you take 50k damage. Can be cleansed.
- Healers can reflect a DoT (Holy Fire, Flame Shock, Moonfire, SW:P) onto themselves during the fight (if he has the Bulwark up) to break paralyze when it happens. Paladins can bubble once.
- After paralyze he will shatter 20 yards in all directions – melee and tank need to give him room or die.
- Ground slam – frontal cone. Needs to be pointed away from the party.
- Enrage at 20 percent that can be removed.
High Priestess Azil
- Gravity wells – position DPS so these will block Followers coming in later in the fight and help kill them.
Followers come in from the right side (when facing the boss before the pull). Also allows for plenty of
room to run around and avoid rocks.
- Avoid rocks being thrown.
- Interrupt Force Grip.
Throne of the Tides
- Shock Blast – hits tank hard and must be interrupted.
- Geyser – move out of the way.
- At 66 and 33 percent she’ll warp to the middle and put a damage shield up. Will spawn 3 adds – CC
as many as possible while you burn them down. Interrupt and slow them. Melee should be kited around. Lightning surge
damages people around you – if you get it move away.
- Avoid the tornados that move from her to the edge of the room.
- Stay away from fissures thrown on the floor. They’ll grow in size during the fight.
- Healer needs to pay attention to player getting squeezed and heal them.
- Enraged – increased damage for 8 seconds. Can be removed.
- DPS in the middle cirle, and move him around the edge.
- Can take him out the door and pull him down the corridor.
- DPS behind – does a front AoE flame splash.
- Lava bolt will target a random person, interrupt as many as possible.
- Earth shards head toward a random member – need to get out of the way.
- At 50 percent the squid will start mind controlling members. Need to DPS them down until they are
- Avoid green silencing clouds.
- AoE down small murlocs. Vicious Mindlashers (casters) need to be taken down first.
- Unyielding Behemoths can be tanked or kited. Have AoE damage so need to be kept away from the raid.
- Faceless sappers need to be killed quick. Tank must pick up Blight Beasts and kite it around.
- After the sappers are killed, have the tank kill the beasts while the group concentrates on Ozumat.
Edited by Slantyline on 4/7/2011 11:58 PM PDT
Lost City of the Tol'vir
- Avoid dust clouds. Move around traps on the floor.
- Will charge random members – healers need to be ready to heal them up.
- Pop cooldowns at the beginning and DPS as hard as possible.
Lockmaw & Augh
- Drag him out of dust clouds.
- Adds have a bleed that stacks to 3, so bring them to the tank and burn them down quickly.
- Enrages – can be removed.
- Blow dart debuffs slows member – poison that can be removed.
- Kite Augh during whirlwind.
High Prophet Barim
- Spread out to avoid extra damage on the debuff he puts out on people.
- Move out of Solar Beams.
- Kite around the Phoenix. Avoid fire it leaves behind. Killing the Phoenix just means another will spawn.
So focus DPS on the boss and just kite the Phoenix the whole fight.
- At 50 percent you’re brought to the shadow world and must kill the Shadow Phoenix. Root/stun/slow adds that spawn from people and kite
the Phoenix around so the adds don't reach it.
- Will bubble – after killing 3 melee adds the bubble comes down. Caster adds don’t require tanking and can be killed quickly. Melee adds
have an AoE and should be interrupted.
- Avoid hurricanes on the ground.
- Ignore adds when he unbubbles, pop cooldowns and DPS hard.
- Spread out to avoid chain lightning.
Halls of Origination
Temple Guardian Anhuur
- Target of Divine Reckoning needs to be dispelled ASAP. Will take significant damage as will those near.
- Move out of Searing Light.
- At 66 and 33 percent the boss will bubble. Need to pull levers in the pits below. Have whole party jump down, tank
will get the snakes while DPS pull the lever.
- One person remains with the boss and will interrupt Hymn as soon as the bubble comes off.
- Stay out of gas cloud.
- Cleaves so melee DPS in the back.
- At 50 percent summons adds and dies. Clump together and AoE them down.
- Avoid whirlwinds.
- Move out of Alpha Beams.
- Dispel Nemesis Strike on the tank.
- Heal through Omega Stance.
- Crumbling Ruin will lower your hit points after each Alpha and Omega.
- Make sure to use the whole room for kiting if needed, you don't want to trap the tank with "void zones" left behind from the Alpha Beams.
- Look away from Super Nova.
- Move out of laser beams.
- At 66 percent she splits. Kill Astral Rain – she won’t be able to use this AoE any more.
- At 33 percent she splits again. Kill Celestial Call so no more adds.
- She’ll have a tough shield, but very little DPS at this point.
- Interrupt Wither, and if it hits remove it.
- Kill Seedling Pods as quick as possible – they will heal him.
- Consume Life Energy can be interrupted.
- Adds have a stacking debuff bleed so you don’t want to
get hit too much. Try killing a spore and moving the adds on top of it if you are starting to get overwhelmed.
- Boss is untankable. Tank can focus on adds.
- Target Chaos Portals and kill them as soon as possible.
- Falling Seeds of Chaos will explode on players for a small amount of damage, but also give a buff that increases damage so it's worth it to pop them. Stay out of void zones on the ground. Avoid mini-bombs.
- Tank kills worms with AoE. Robots should be slowed, trapped and kited around by the tank for the whole fight while
DPS concentrates on the boss.
- Avoid fire tornado.
- Sunstrike is an unremovable dot on the party.
- Interrupt the summon of a sun orb.
- Spread out to avoid his leap and AoE damage. If you have enough interrupters it is possible to interrupt this as well as the sun orb, which will help cut down on the group damage going out and make your healer's mana bar more happy.
- Heal through Blessing of the Sun. Group takes AoE damage, but boss takes extra damage as well.
Edited by Slantyline on 2/17/2011 2:23 PM PST
-Move out of dust cloud
-AoE the adds that spawn with Quake
-He casts Chains of Woe at 66% and 33% which roots players near him. DPS Chains of Woe and run away before Skullcracker insta-kills
Corla, Herald of Twilight
-Players need to bodily block the purple beams charging the adds, otherwise they transform
-Players need to switch out of the beam before getting to 100% or they will be mind-controlled. Stack the debuff to 80 then step out, it fades after 20 secs
-Interrupt her Fear
-Needs to be brought into the lava falls to gain a debuff that allows him to be damaged. 1 stack at a time is optimal, but getting 1-3 is normal. Do not let the the stacks drop b/c extra adds make this fight very difficult
-Stack up the debuff, pull him out, let it start to fall, then bring him back in before the stack fades, rinse and repeat
-Will call adds if his debuff fades that put lava on the floor. Keep the boss out of the lava – it’ll give him the debuff and AoE. DPS should immediately kill the adds, and keep them out of the way of the boss
-Beauty comes with all of her pups (can’t pull separately like in normal)
-If you have Crowd Control, use it. The adds can be CC'd the entire fight and despawn once Beauty is killed
-Eliminate the pups quickly if you have no way to CC them, popping cooldowns. If there is too much damage going out you can also try to kite the adds
-If you have do CC, use it. The adds can be CC'd the entire fight and despawn once Beauty is killed
-Beauty will charge random members, also has a knockback and fear
-Don't stand in lava
Ascendant Lord Obsidius
-Three adds can’t be tanked by main tank and need to be kited – they have a mortal strike
-The adds have a special aggro system -they attack the last target who attacked them
-Adds throw a slowing bomb on the ground
-Slow down the adds as much as possible. They can be snared, rooted and slowed
-During the fight Obsidius will randomly switch places with one of the adds
High Priest Venoxis
-Avoid Poison Maze
-Spread out to break poison link
-Avoid Pools of Venom
-Avoid AOE Devastating Slam
-Kill Raptor ASAP
High Priestess Kilnara
-Pull panthers in packs of 4, any not pulled at 50% get released by Kilnara
-Interrupt Tears of Blood
-Avoid straight line of fire on ground
-Zombies = Red Cauldron(Probably tank only, unless the healer can handle more)
-Berserker = Ice Cauldron
-Poison Cloud = Green cauldron
Jin'do the Godbreaker
-Phase 1: Everyone stack in Deadzone when Jin'do casts Shadows of Hakkar, but keep boss outside
-Phase 2: Pull a Gurubashi Spirit up from one of the platforms and when he uses his Bodyslam ability on someone make sure they are near a chain. This will break the shield around the chain, allowing it to be attacked. Then kill the Spirit, any Twisted Spirits that are up, and then the chain. Repeat until all 3 chains are broken. Stay out of the purple aoe on the ground
-Static Disruption (a 12 yard AOE) is put on random players, dispell ASAP
-Kill small birds, as well as the large white eagles that pick up players
-During Electrical Storm get to center of cast area to avoid damage.
-While in Bear form will cast Deafening Roar – Two second AoE silence
-Will charge farthest person out, increases physical dmg taken by that person for 500 percent for 20 seconds so rotate who is farthest. Do not get charged 2x in a row
-Gives bleed effect Lacerating Slash while in bear form. Target takes 120k dmg over 24 secs.
-Periodically frenzies, increasing attack speed by 60%
-Either kill all totems, or leave green healing totem and kite boss away
-In spirit form an untankable lynx will be spawned. Kill it
-Frontal fire cone that leaves a line of fire on the ground
-Firebomb leaves fire eggs that will explode. Don't stand too close
-Summons two hatchers. Kill one, let the other release its birds. Then burn down birds
-Once eggs are gone, no more hatchers will spawn
Hex Lord Malacrass
-Crowd Control and nuke addds
-Drains power from players, reducing their damage by 1% and increasing his own by 10%
-Will also gain class abilities from the target he drains
-Will channel aoe shadow damage, if he has lots of power stacks it will hurt
-When he grows wings, Melee DPS and tank need to try to kite him
-Lynx form: Spread out so you don't share damage. He also targets a person to Maul, if they Iceblock/Bubble/become immune he will not switch off the tank
-Firebird form: He uses his fire line in predictable intervals after his fire spin. Be moving in a circle around him when he uses this.
-Bear form: Basically the same as Nalorakk. Cycle people out for the charge. Also puts out a
party-wide bleed debuff that persists until players are healed to full.
-Eagle form: Kill totems and avoid tornadoes
Edited by Slantyline on 5/24/2011 2:09 PM PDT
85 Dwarf Paladin
This is a fantastic post. It is the perfect introductory look at what one needs to do for each boss in the heroic dungeons. This is precisely what people new to heroics absolutely need to know to be able to be halfway competent entering a heroic.
Edited by Maragh on 12/30/2010 3:59 PM PST
If you have group members that consistently fail the lightning frogger event on DM, you can cheat a little if you have a Rogue in your group. After killing the goblin, port to the ship and run to the other side of the door the robot stands at. The Rogue can pick the lock from the opposite side. Helps tons when going for the achievement as well.
People who can't get past the lightning probably shouldn't be in a heroic anyways.
Actually you want to get hit by these as they give you a buff for more damage.
Edit: also, CCing the Malignant Trogg doesn't stop more from spawning.
Edited by Wafflesqt on 1/1/2011 2:44 PM PST
The last time I did Grim Batol I sheeped the 1st Malignant Trogg and only regular troggs came with the rest of the waves, but it's possible that was a bug so I'll make sure to check that next time I go through there. Also, I will edit the part about the seeds of chaos in just a minute.
*shrug* I've sheeped it and had another come out.
Edited by Wafflesqt on 1/1/2011 3:20 PM PST
It stops more shadow troggs.
This is the strat I've used every, single, time.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.