Mine Sweeper.....

(Locked)

85 Tauren Paladin
SY
This couldn't possibly be more bugged. I have landed directly on a mine more than 10 times consecutively soo many times..
90 Worgen Warrior
I have to agree... we need this looked into because I've not only done what you have done... but multiple days, during multiple patches since 4.0

I mean do I need to have done specific quest first?

This doesn't work no matter what lag trick or otherwise what you do! HELP!
Edited by Swiftmaul on 2/15/2011 6:56 PM PST
85 Night Elf Priest
It looks like this is still broken. Has it been looked into? Before 4.0 everyone that tried it was able to do it easy...and now I can't do it at all. And without the achievement tracker tracking the hits it's impossible to see what is counting and what isn't.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I had to work my ass off to get it right on my DK waaaaay back in early wrath. And I've tried several times on this character but no go....reallly annoying. But I feel like it's more do able than the jumping thing in Hyjal.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
03/14/2011 10:24 PMPosted by Yells
I had to work my ass off to get it right on my DK waaaaay back in early wrath. And I've tried several times on this character but no go....reallly annoying. But I feel like it's more do able than the jumping thing in Hyjal.

Seriously? More doable than the trampoline in Hyjal? I did the one in Hyjal easily. I did expect it to be hard, it's an achievement after all. But once I got on, I got the achieve then honestly I almost couldn't get back off it again. LOL I felt the Minesweeper one was fairly hard to do. Took me several tries but eventually got it. Though this was back in the LK days. With all the other bugs in game now it wouldn't surprise me if it is bugged now. Good luck to you guys though.
90 Night Elf Rogue
I tried this one before XMAS and I had a terrible time doing it.
Watched a video on it which helped but I sure found it hard!
90 Tauren Death Knight
I have it on other toons, seems like it was changed. I know the old lag-exploit doesn't seem to work any more.
85 Tauren Paladin
Having the same prob. Hit 14 or 15 and no go. GM said "It's functional"
90 Tauren Druid
I was able to do mine after 4.0.x (3/12/11). Took me a couple of tries though.
85 Orc Warrior
/cast FLYING MOUNT
/skill
/???
/Profit.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i personally know someone who;s gotten it since cata has been released. i've tried for a few hours in wrath and cata, both to no avail, though.
61 Draenei Paladin
I got it after cata released the old fashion way.
I heard you can get it by intentionally lagging yourself and running over mines with a mount
90 Night Elf Druid
1. Flying mount
2. When hit by bomb immediately fly down onto the ground near a bomb
3. ???
4. Are you even trying?

How do you avoid the cannons that knock you off your mount or out of flight form? I've seen so many videos of people bouncing around on flying mounts, but when I get even close on a flight mount or in bird form, one of those ground guns comes up and knocks me off.
90 Goblin Shaman

How do you avoid the cannons that knock you off your mount or out of flight form? I've seen so many videos of people bouncing around on flying mounts, but when I get even close on a flight mount or in bird form, one of those ground guns comes up and knocks me off.

when i did the achievement a few weeks back i didn't get knocked off my mount either, which was weird because i remember getting knocked off just for flying over the area during wotlk
85 Gnome Mage
03/25/2011 06:10 PMPosted by Lugrur
Having the same prob. Hit 14 or 15 and no go. GM said "It's functional"

Functional my butt. If it were functional, there wouldn't be several forums threads/posts about it from people stating that they're not getting credit for chaining mine explosions after over an hour of attempting it. If I'm not mistaken, usually an Achievement has a tracker on it while you have it in view in your Quest Tracker UI (ie. time left on Defense of Wyrmrest, Bombing Skettis, etc); and yet when you hit mines nothing happens on the tracker.

And if I remember correctly, aren't you supposed to get shot at by turrets/cannons if you try to do it on a flying mount? I'm not getting shot at while I attempt it, so there's more proof that the Achievement or the area itself is bugged and not working as intended.
89 Blood Elf Death Knight
Just wanted to share my experience with this one. I had a terrible time getting this achievement. I about an hour and a half on my first try, and I had tried about once a week for about 45 minutes. All told, I spent 5 hours trying to get it.

I looked here and I looked on wowhead. I did all the strats: force lag with youtubes, use flying mount, use growth items and big mounts - nothing worked.

I had an old laptop I was using to play wow. It was laggy and averaged about 30 fps in a fairly clear area. I just got a new gaming computer, and suddenly, this achievement was no problem. I got it in less than 5 minutes of trying.

I have a feeling the folks who seem to have no problem also may have better computers, and the folks like me who couldn't get it have poor computers. That's my theory, and I'm happy to say I got this stupid thing.
90 Gnome Mage
I have a newly upgraded rig and can't manage this. I can run right over a land mine a couple times in succession and it won't go off. It's like the sensitivity of the mines has been dialed WAY down. Obviously, that doesn't help.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]