Making Inquistion fun

90 Human Paladin
It's quite obvious that inquisition is a painfully boring mechanic, so i got to thinking and i think i got it!

Why not make inquisition a attack? or rather a attack that applies inquisition to you?

(Inquisitor's Fury) Strikes the target for X% weapon damage (based on holy power) and applies a 30% buff to holy damage you do for X seconds (based on holy power)

1HP 30% weapon damage
2HP 90% weapon damage
3HP 180% weapon damage

Also while i am at it

(Glyph of Inquisitor's Fury) Removes the holy damage buff and instead applies a debuff that reduces healing by 3/6/10% on the target for 15 seconds
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
i got no problem wit inquisition besides the short duration. i jst pop it when i got wings or the AoW proc is up.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
lol interesting glyph, even though it would be VASTLY underpowered, but at least you were thinking creatively.

Uh.....I don't like this idea though. This is way too much like CS and TV. It's like some sort of weird in-between....or rather, it's like an alternative TV that you use to buff yourself first. Again, it's interesting, but I just don't see it working. It's too similar to what ret palys already have.

Really, the only thing they need to do with Inquisition is EITHER increase its duration or decrease its cost or perhaps give some ability a chance to re-proc it once it has been applied initially. Think of how an assassination rogue can refresh slice and dice by envenoming or eviscerating. Do that with TV or something.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I've been lvling my warrior lately, and I much prefer colossus smash to Inquisition, would have been nice if it worked more like that.

Hopefully something is done with inqui though, either increasing the duration or it getting refreshed by TV. With divine purpose gone holy power generation will be even slower, so refreshing inqui will be even more of a pain.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
^^ divine purpose isnt gone, actually the way they are changing it will be more beneficial to us than before. It will proc what our mastery currently does, instead of holy power so Hand of light procs will be more often, but holy power generation will slow to give a more fluid rotation.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
the duration sucks ass. With all the other *#@@ we have a 30 sec to 1 min across the board would be better.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
fluid rotation . with out somthing extra giving us extra HP . it is 3 CS inq .3 CS TV . 3 CS TV .your looking at 10 seconds befor Inq and 20 second befor the first TV and hopes of HoL and AoW procs .

Ret need somthing more . dont say Cons and HW . they are AoE and Blizz said they dont want us useing AOE on single targets .

Ret needs a faster way of gaining HP .
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/31/2010 1:49 PMPosted by Aèthelstan
^^ divine purpose isnt gone, actually the way they are changing it will be more beneficial to us than before. It will proc what our mastery currently does, instead of holy power so Hand of light procs will be more often, but holy power generation will slow to give a more fluid rotation.

Well the name is still there yes, but the talent is completely different so the current divine purpose is gone is what I mean.

I don't think blizz has said what the new proc rate of HoL will be, I can only assume it will be somewhere between 10-20% (20% proc rate seems absurdly high for just a 2 point talent though) Either way, it will be less holy power than before, making inqui less attractive for pvp (although the new mastery will make inqui more powerful).
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The concept is interesting, but I think it would have to be less like a crappy templar's verdict.
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Warrior
Rather than make it a melee attack i would make it a range, holy attack.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]