It, too, was horrible.

Now we've both made completely worthless statements! :D
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
12/31/2010 1:55 PMPosted by Aesopsowner
I tried liver today.

It, too, was horrible.

Now we've both made completely worthless statements! :D

And thus an accordance was reached, and much good cheer was had all around! Huzzah for this warm, human emotion called friendship!

*Clinks glass*
Reply Quote
It is a lot more fun when you know what you are doing...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
DTF
If you think that Shockadins are some sort of boomkin version of paladins you are horribley mistaken.

The "shockadin" is a myth.

The truth is that a shockadin a healing paladin that sacrificied a small amount of healing to extract a small amount of dmg.

If there was a actually shockadin there would have to a be a talent tree that allowed for a pure dps.

You are a holy paladin.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Since my holy gear got much better then my ret gear quite fast, I made shockadin my off spec to finish up questing and do dailies. For this, it is just fine.

For anything more, it is garbage.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Shockadins were beast 3.1-3.5 for pvp. They were pretty good in ulduar (4.5k dps at the time was about the top IIRC), but since then have not been used in pve. In cata they really ar eonyl good vs baddies in level 80 gear.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/31/2010 2:18 PMPosted by Preditorr
It is a lot more fun when you know what you are doing...

Says the guy with 0 arena or rated BG rating.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Shockadins haven't existed since BC.

Reply Quote
70 Tauren Warrior
I made a shockadin like the good old days, two handed shockadin, before it was a hybrid, now i just took holy talents. lvl 61 so it don't count too much but boy was it fun. Sadly my gear in the past had stregnth stam int, basically every stat and spell power, all that stupid gear now only has stregnth and stam and crap, so I can't go quite as well of a hybrid. But boy was it fun. Wearing soulforge set, and just got the two handed pvp weapon, the one with int that matches my set. pretty cool at that level, fun little twink. somethings broken cause i can holy shock and then instant cast exorcism immediately afterwards. drop people pretty dang fast, plus crusader strike hard with my two hander LOL. but it only works cause at this level everything is broken high damage.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
As said above, Shockadins don't exist as a pure dps class. If you want to do significant damage you need to spec prot or ret, both of which have considerable output and self-sustainability. Prot I think is stronger at the moment, as sans-burst ret is weak.

If you DO go Shockadin though, keep in mind you are still primarily a healer. As far as combat goes, your job is to interrupt and stun and do a little additional damage to push through the healing the enemy is receiving. You'd be surprised how effective this can be, where a DPS might be able to self-heal through incoming damage, that damage + the extra from a shockadin can burn through that self-healing and take them down. You'll have a 40 second hammer of justice to stun the crap out of dps with, enabling your fellow team mates to annihilate them before they can use their defensives. You'll be using your hammer of wrath to help finish off fleeing mages and druids.

The one thing about shockadin dps is it is VERY mana efficient. This is good, because it is very weak as well.
Reply Quote
64 Blood Elf Paladin
Shockadin?
Even I know that's ridiculous and I'm only level 64!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Shockadins are, have always been, and will always be a non-spec played by morons. When they tell you about the spec being "good" at some point they are deluding themselves, likely due to nostalgia or just a general lack of information about the game.

Stop being mediocre. Play a Holy Paladin if you want to heal.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/31/2010 3:34 PMPosted by Hammersauce
If you think that Shockadins are some sort of boomkin version of paladins you are horribley mistaken.

The "shockadin" is a myth.

The truth is that a shockadin a healing paladin that sacrificied a small amount of healing to extract a small amount of dmg.

If there was a actually shockadin there would have to a be a talent tree that allowed for a pure dps.

You are a holy paladin.

You've got some hidden implications in your logic that are not true. Therefore, your conclusion is fallacious.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Shockadin in it's pure form has been dead since BC. Shockadin now is a PvP holy spec, and even more than that a playstyle. I consider myself a shockadin, but I spend most of my time healing. That said, I use my offensive abilities to score kills for my team in BGs and arena.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]