Please un nerf consincration

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizzard you should un nerf this move because the cd is way to long if you fighting someone and you want to put it down and once you do the enemy is already dead and you wasted it. At least make it a 15 cd instead of 34 seconds thats way to long thats liek haveing a cd on a rogue for envenom (It just wont work out). So please read this and other paladins please tell me if i am right or wrong on this i want everyones support,

P.S i know i am not very good at spelling
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
well i do have the glyph to make it have a less down time but its to long
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Cons is now not one of our better "core" spells. In fact, it's only used if everything else is on cooldown. Consecrate damage is also split among all targets that it hits, with an upper limit of 10 targets. Between that and the fact that Blizzard is moving away from massive AoE tanking, it makes sense to mostly antiquate Consecrate.

Just get used to it and drop it at better times...Dropping your Major glyph of Consecration will probably help too, haha...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Well what glyphs would be best for a prot tanking pally like me i love to pull huge mobs to for questing also
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Um...
Primes: ShotR, Seal of Truth, HotR (or CS for single target)
Major: LoH, Holy Wrath, 3rd is w/e you want
Minor: Kings, Seal of Truth, 3rd is w/e you want
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
but i think the cd is to long yeah this alot of better moves but all the smart people would know when to pop it and not just burn up there mana
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Seriously, why would you ever use consecration as a major threat tool? The only use I've found for the spell has been nabbing murlocs during the ToT gauntlet, and that's it. Even if it was made more powerful it still wouldn't be worth using half the time, because it would just end up being a bloody liability if something needed to be CC'd
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
well they should make it have the same cd like in the old days but more mana cost, cd isnt the way to fix it its mana cost
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
yeah true i just wish it was the old days again in vanilla wow
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I agree with you, and these people that are saying it makes sense since Blizzard is moving away from AoE tanking makes no sense. Just because a move happens to be AoE, doesn't mean it MUST be used for tanking, so that logic is flawed.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/30/2010 5:57 PMPosted by Brotherdale
I agree with you, and these people that are saying it makes sense since Blizzard is moving away from AoE tanking makes no sense. Just because a move happens to be AoE, doesn't mean it MUST be used for tanking, so that logic is flawed.
You lost me.

Last I knew, consecration was a base ability for the paladin class. Holy and retribution paladins are welcome to use the spell at any time. I'm not seeing how it MUST be used for tanking.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Paladin
12/30/2010 5:10 PMPosted by Lootalan
yeah true i just wish it was the old days again in vanilla wow

First, learn to spell the ability you want buffed. It's "consecration."

Secondly, what are you talking about? Consecration was the 11pt Holy talent in vanilla. Yeah. Let's go back to those days. Also, short blessings. Those were great.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/30/2010 7:22 PMPosted by Farranor

First, learn to spell the ability you want buffed. It's "consecration."

Secondly, what are you talking about? Consecration was the 11pt Holy talent in vanilla. Yeah. Let's go back to those days. Also, short blessings. Those were great.

They could move Cons back into the holy tree, and honestly, a lot of people really wouldn't miss it very much. I think that at this point the spell harms the pally playstyle and community more than it helps them.

It's not even a visually entertaining spell.

Swirly ball is the only visually entertaining spell, look deep in your heart you know it to be true.

Either way, consecration as of now is pretty much a flavor spell.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
They'll unnerf it when you can spell it right.

Also, if you need consecration to hold aggro you:

a) do not know how much threat consecration actually does
b) need to l2paladin
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I believe I speak for the Holy DPS subculture when I say that we would welcome Consecration into our tree with open arms.
Reply Quote
7 Draenei Shaman
12/30/2010 9:19 PMPosted by Jantilla
I believe I speak for the Holy DPS subculture when I say that we would welcome Consecration into our tree with open arms.

I'm sure you would. But only because all you stubborn, intractable jackasses would see it as some burning bush message that "OMG EXORCISTSHOCKADIN IZ SUPPOZT 2 b VIABLE OR ELSE Y R THERE TALENTS 4 DMG?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?one!?!?"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]