Seriously do some of you think it is "cool" to spam a racial slur in Orcish. My god just how old are most of you? Under 12?. It is insulting and we no longer live in a barbaric society, Glad I changed factions. Would call out the Guilds and Players that continue to do this but I do believe in Karma.
Reply Quote
If your Alliance, how can you read Orcish ? Idk what your talking about just thought I would ask that question lol.
Reply Quote
Simple, they have figured out a way to yell in Orcish, that spells out a very demeaning and racial insult in English. Ask you Guild sure they will tell you how, (oops said I would not call out). Bad me
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
all is fair in love and war. don't like it? go play something else imo.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
01/03/2011 8:47 AMPosted by Theuglieone
all is fair in love and war. don't like it? go play something else imo.

I don't think this falls into that category. If players are using real-world slurs in game that, I would assume, would violate the anti-harassment rules of the game and is a reportable offense. Furthermore, it just demonstrates the ignorance and immoral attitudes of both those that would use a slur and those that would excuse it.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
As the previous poster noted, if this happened you could report the toon(s) for harassment.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
There's a profanity filter in the game I suggest you turn it on or turn off trade chat.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
The problem is the way they do it, it's done so it bypasses the profanity filter.

As Blizzard has stated before, if someone is caught doing this intentionally (which, in this case, it's 100% guaranteed they're not 'accidentally' doing it) it can and will result in a suspension.

Now, of course with GM queues/petitions being so long atm, it will suck to have a GM ticket open that long.

I'd just recommend having your entire guild report them... one of the tickets will eventually make it to someone that will take note.
Reply Quote
Thanks to all that responded. As I have not seen the words used for awhile I do appreciate any and all efforts made to stop that childish and ignorrant behavior. Also nice to see Horde replying might just make me pull the old Horde toons out of retirement. Have fun and see some of you on the Playground.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
01/23/2011 12:13 PMPosted by Mylilpriest
I don't understand how people get so butthurt

Welcome to the internet! Try to enjoy your stay. :D
Reply Quote
66 Human Paladin
01/04/2011 9:18 AMPosted by Denkiteki
There's a profanity filter in the game I suggest you turn it on or turn off trade chat.

I know it's not my server, but I'm leveling a toon there, however, why not let's just address the issue at hand rather than brushing it off?
Reply Quote
Actually from my previous post, it has cleared up and have not heard it for awhile. One thing I have learned is that "haters" will always "hate". Gives them a purpose. Easier to ignore the issue then address it, but must say it was addressed, so why are we still going on about it. Now if the Alliance are doing it the same way (this bypasses the filter) then report spam, and watch them take a vacation ban. Peace all.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
It's really funny when anyone gets butthurt over a game... However i guess the point of your post was to make others aware of this.. It's not like we can't read our screens ourselves and if we feel it's offensive i'm sure others more than yourself reported it.. Some people joke around it different ways, granite saying something racial isn't always the best way to joke around but i'm sure it wasn't meant in any way that way.. It's all in how someone percieves it.. And furthermore with today's day and society anyone says something like "OMG IMMA KILL MYSELF BECAUSE JONNYBLOW SAID IM A NAGA" or something to that sort they get in trouble? when it was all outta playing around.. Just dumb how *!#* gets blown outta proportion due to #%!*ing around..

EDIT: If you didn't want someone going on about the issue why make a damn post in the first place? That's like a double negative there to begin with..
Edited by Hairyclaws on 2/1/2011 5:49 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)