"vanilla" pvp arms advice

80 Orc Warrior

Let me start off by saying that I haven't played WoW in something like 4 years. RL and a new baby soaked up most of my free time, and I had to quit playing a week or two after the launch of TBC. That said, (pardon me geezing for a moment) "back in the day" I had a HWL war and a WL sham, back when it took weeks, and even months of grinding to get it, (I guess that doesn't say much, but months of grinding pvp you end up pretty good at it just by the sheer time involved) Unforrtunately, I was only able to recover my secondary account with this toon on it....

With that out of the way, I've spent a few weeks thumbing through the forums catching back up with how the game works. Tanking hasn't changed much (at least to me. I still got that down) but PvP certainly has. Let me clarify that I'm not expecting to come back and roflstomp the compition by any means, but I do seem to be struggling a bit.

I've made a few new macros, and that helped a lot, it helped me move from having the most deaths and lowest HKs and dps in the BGs to being somewhere in the middle to top 5 depending on the PuG.

I'm wondering iff some people could spare the time to look over my talents, gear, etc and offer room/suggestions for improvements. Also some tactics and ability/spell use and priorities would be awesome. I seem to be struggling most with pallies, DKs, and rogues. I used to spank rogues all over the place, but they hit me hard now, often 2-3 shotting me.

With support, or heals on hand and blowing cds, I can dominate, but honestly 1v1 I'm getting pretty owned. I'm looking to improve overall, as pvp was always my favorite aspect of the game. Its weird having to L2P all over again. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warrior
I just found a few similar posts (search function works weird imo) and here's some more thoughts...

In BGs the last day I've averaged about 40-70k damage dealt at the end of an AB for example. There's been plenty of runs where a warrior (oddly enough alliance every time) is #1 or #2 in the damage department and racking up somewhere between 150k-200k and I'm curious as to what they're doing that I'm not.

Again, anything helps!
Cheers!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
roll fury

it's betta
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warrior
what good is the arms spec these days then? I'm planning on doing some 2v2 and 3v3 arenas when I ding 85, and from what I've read here on the forums, Arms is better/more desirable for that. Is that incorrect?
Cheers!
War
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Arms has always been the more #$%kicking spec when it comes to PvP, Mortal Strike, bleed effects, extra mobility in charge, bladestorm is useful in escaping crowd control. Arms is just tailored for PvP, take a look at some of the abilities and talents you'll see what I mean.
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Warrior
at your level OP, go Prot. Damage is ridiculously high and roflstomping people in bgs isnt hard at all.

As for your Arms spec, at our level, use a similar spec as this: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LGRsfkoRuMk:McZf0ZM0

all glyphs included. Our current dmg comes from 3 abilities, HS, MS and OP. Taste for blood 3/3 is absolutely needed now. OP after MS hits really hard and is a near guaranteed crit. Drums with the demo glyph makes uncovering stealthed roges/ferals easy.

But seriously go prot. Charge+shieldblock+shield slam+revenge.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]