Is It Possible To Solo Magtheridon?

85 Undead Warlock

Hey guys, is it possible for warlock to solo Magtheridon? Any tips?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
It was done at 80 4.0 patch video somewhere cant find it and i've soloed it my self. Only hard part is adds really.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Mag is very easy to solo if you're demo.
If you want more free gold go over to tk and solo a'lar. Gruul is also extremely easy to solo but the ogre council is pretty lame.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Mag would be easy, but I can't get all the goddamn adds down fast enough with their chain heal that uses no mana.

Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
You have to be demo or extremely well geared and lucky with heals. Honestly demo makes a joke out of the adds.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Been soloing Mag since level 80 as well as the stupid Utgarde Pinnacle heroic drake boss. Its obviously easier now.

For Mag, you aoe the adds with Metamorphosis, Felstorm, Immolate Aura, Hellfire and Infernal. Keep aoeing until they are all dead. For Mag its a simple tank and spank.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
Trying this right now as demo and it doesn't seem possible, you just can't get past the channelers even with aoe
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
someone needs to prove they did this at 85 7400 SP and I simply can't kill them
Reply Quote
25 Undead Warlock

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=168161

Same guy did A'lar and Gruul a few months ago.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock

01/04/2011 8:14 AMPosted by Valindra

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=168161

Same guy did A'lar and Gruul a few months ago.

at 80? I've seen the videos but I am here doing everything he is doing and they are healing the damage.

It could be the decreased haste and crit from combat ratings who knows but heres what I am doing

Open with immo/corruption/agony drop HOG meta immo aura and felstorm then drop an infernal and continue to dot the main target and incinerate him
Reply Quote
25 Undead Warlock
at 80?

You asked about 85. Try strolling through youtube to see if you can find any level 80 movies.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
01/04/2011 8:25 AMPosted by Valindra
at 80?

You asked about 85. Try strolling through youtube to see if you can find any level 80 movies.

I am talking about 85, the videos I saw were at 80.

I just did alar at 85 and still can't get mag at 85
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I can do Al'ar, but keep screwing up - the numbers work, though.

On the Magtrash I've tried:

Mass burn (Meta/SBSF/DS/Infernal/Immo/Hellfire/Felstorm)

Burning one down one by one (hard, but doable) after 3 or so they run me out of tricks and I'm SOL (Not to mention by then Mag himself is up and running around, though does minimal damage.) Mostly it relies on BoD and hardcore burning to drop one fast enough.

Target switching after AOE to one that's not being healed/casting is "somewhat" effective.

Splitting them up, so the main cluster is on pet(s) and I pull one off to the far side of the room to attempt to burn it, but, it out heals me then even solo. (It's like trying to drop a tree druid you can't fear/silence/drain/stun while your pet is 80yd away)

This is at 20-30k AOE DPS on the pack, 10-12k single target, the infernals are irrelevant and at worst a minor cast delay.
Edited by Azsra on 1/4/2011 9:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
I jsut got alar it was easy, mag I honestly cannot get the adds down at 85. I think the lack of haste/crit from leveling is whats doing it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
01/04/2011 9:25 AMPosted by Defury
I jsut got alar it was easy, mag I honestly cannot get the adds down at 85. I think the lack of haste/crit from leveling is whats doing it.

Yes, it probably is.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Did up to Netherspite in Kara, lost interest though after a hour or so there.

All there was pretty easy/mindless - except Netherspite, I think I bugged the beam at like 20% and couldn't intercept it and was to irritated to try again.

Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
Some 85 said he killed ogre council but I am having a hard time seeing it
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]