Frostfire??

88 Goblin Mage
What is the point of it? Its to long of a cast to be soo helpfull in PvP when you have Frostbolt and it does less dmg than fireball in PvE what do you use it for I think I am doing something wrong
Reply Quote
Frost uses it with Brain Freeze, and Fingers of Frost.

Brain Freeze makes it instant cast and cost no mana, and it also allows it to benefit from Fingers of Frost (AKA When FoF is up, it consumes a charge, and acts as if the target is frozen - AKA 3x Crit chance)

It's the 3rd most damaging move for frost, behind Frostbolt and Deep Freeze.

Can't say much about Fire, never played it.

EDIT: Frost grabs ignite specifically for Frostfire Bolt. As it allows Ignite procs. :3
Edited by Jelanda on 1/3/2011 8:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Frostfire bolt at 85 is identical to fireball.
Same damage same mana cost same cast time with the difference for it's DPS being it's glyphs.

As for frost, the missing piece for frost is lacking a DoT.
For encounters like Ozruk where you need one, FFB is necessary.
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Mage
FoF says that it only effects ice lance and deepfreeze and if I use Fireball with Brain freeze it ends up doing more damage with fireball.
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Mage
Ohhh okay ya nevermind that last comment it must be different at 85 because now fireball does almost 100 dmg more
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
01/03/2011 8:41 PMPosted by Hobgobbles
FoF says that it only effects ice lance and deepfreeze and if I use Fireball with Brain freeze it ends up doing more damage with fireball.

Read over Brainfreeze.

Your spells no longer trigger Arcane Missiles. Instead, your Frost damage spells with chilling effects have a 15% chance to cause your next Fireball or Frostfire Bolt spell to be instant cast and cost no mana. When Frostfire Bolt is instant, it can benefit from Fingers of Frost. Brain Freeze cannot be triggered by Frostfire Bolt.

Notice the bolded/underlined part.
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Mage
Ahh okay yea, It just seems like a waste of a nice looking move if you only use it sometimes seems like its something you should get at a lower level
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
The big benefit of Frostfire Bolt is the glyph. It removes the snare and replaces it with a dot that stacks 3 times. Also, since the spell is both fire and frost, you can spec into ignite as a frost mage to take advantage of more damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]