Best farming character class?

5 Troll Hunter
About to start on a new server/alts. And wanted to know what classes make the best farmers from the get go.

Looking at druid mainly, but someone said paladin does well too

And death knight would work best since you start out high level so can hit the low level areas easier.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Druid would be good since you can herb in flight/cheetah form.. Overall, I am leveling a hunter and have absolutely zero downtime, and can take on groups that usually start with "oh crap im going to die" and end with "how the hell am i not dead". I only bring that up since if u are leveling a new toon dealing with mobs by farming stuff won't be an issue.

Then again, DK would be best because you are so close to 60, and then you could have a flying mount to help catch up on old world nodes.
Reply Quote
51 Blood Elf Warrior
Personally, I don't support farming, but mining profession will get you LOTS of money for raw ore, a full stack of copper sells for 3-5 gold, and you can find lots, even when just casually playing.

As for classes, I don't know, just pick the class you like.

Hope it helps :D
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
01/04/2011 5:56 PMPosted by Halivanth
I don't support farming

Why not? I've never heard of anyone that's opposed to farming, other than doing it because it gets tedious after a while.
Reply Quote
5 Troll Hunter
Well I've noticed on an alt I can level just as fast farming nodes and doing random dungeons (if not faster) than questing.

So figured I would look into a melee class, at least till they get the hunter autoshot 'feature' fixed.. I do not like it deciding I want to shoot a mob way over there and bring them and their friends over to play.

Druid has been a class I've liked in the past...but usually managed to go insane before I got to cat form (yay kitty at 8 now)

Death knight I can see easily being a good bank alt/starter though. Use it to build up a nest egg for the main (for bags, training, etc) to get started then an AH alt.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
01/04/2011 4:31 PMPosted by Daishia
About to start on a new server/alts. And wanted to know what classes make the best farmers from the get go.

And death knight would work best since you start out high level so can hit the low level areas easier.

what are you looking to farm? mats? ore? skins? or things that drop in dungeons? Personally if you are farming low level dungeons for cloth/DE items, I think paladins are great, I could solo BC heroics at level 80.
Reply Quote
01/04/2011 9:05 PMPosted by Lolburst
If you are horde and very serious, you will go tauren. Then you can gather herbs super fast.

And for skinning, go worgen. Zip-zip-zip your bags are full.

01/04/2011 6:43 PMPosted by Daishia
So figured I would look into a melee class, at least till they get the hunter autoshot 'feature' fixed.. I do not like it deciding I want to shoot a mob way over there and bring them and their friends over to play.

That happens with melee too, it's something to do with auto-targeting the next mob because your current target died as you got off your last shot, or something like that. My pally does it now and then, probably just more noticeable on a hunter.

DK is good since they start at a higher level. Druids are good because they can often stay in travel form. Pallies are good since they can stun a nearby mob before harvesting. Pet classes are good because the pet can engage nearby mobs. And I agree DK and paladin are great for soloing instances, or even surviving in that next higher-level area.
Edited by Jakjak on 1/5/2011 12:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
01/04/2011 4:31 PMPosted by Daishia

This is my farming alt. With flight maxed and my crusader aura on I am extremely fast zipping around to get what I want done done.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
01/04/2011 9:05 PMPosted by Lolburst
it depends what you are farming just like the poster above asks.

If you want to farm herbs/ore for maximum gold roll a druid. Druids do not need to get out of flight form for herbing.

If you are horde and very serious, you will go tauren. Then you can gather herbs super fast.

If you are into soloing old dungeons / raids for gold. Ie, Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Molten Core, Magtheridon, etc. You should roll a Death Knight or a Paladin. Both have great self healing abilities. Death Knight's are the new masters of that though.

Paladins get Crusader Aura and DKs can get "on a pale horse" which also make farming ore veins faster.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Hunter
On a new server, it should only take an evening or two to get a DK's gathering up to 300-ish.
Beats the hell out of leveling a toon from level 1 to get that high of a gathering skill.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]