Guild Achievement: United Nations

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Im not sure i believe that its all based on one person.
This toon hit revered first in my guild and i hit the 25 exaulted's right away for the guild, then another person hit revered and the tracking bar moved to 30.

Id have to say that if theres a glitch then it isnt in the tracking of the reps for United Nations, and lol im on the same server as OP....hi Tainn, tell the wife she rocks.
Edited by Hollyppants on 1/25/2011 7:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
1 Person in the guild has to have all 55 exalted reps to get this achievement. My guild was at 22 when i hit revered (on my main) it shot up to 46. I have 46 Exalted reps. (if someone hits revered with say 54, it will move to 54) I looked it up on several forums and it is all saying the same thing. 1 person has to have all 55. Why they put it under guild achievements i have no idea. Personally i think they need to either make it 55 unique reps , change it to a personal achievement, or even increase the amount of exalted reps you need and count all guildies reps. I mean don't get me wrong if i could i would love to get this pet for all my guildies, but i really don't feel right getting it if only one person is counted. It isn't really a guild achievement is it. That and i honestly don't want to grind 9 more by myself :(
Edited by Tinkerbolt on 1/25/2011 3:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
People are correct in that achievement only counts for the person in the guild who has the most Exalted reputations.

I dinged Revered today and the counter immediately jumped to 49. However, all the reps I don't have at Exalted, someone else has (except Ravenholdt and Bloodsail).

I find it difficult to believe this is "Working as Intended". Guild Achievement is kind of a misnomer if it only cares about a single person.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
wtb blue post, or anything ....

I've seen the GM " working as intended " but I've seen many GM posts with conflicting information.

If its the TOP person in the guild, why isn't it an individual cheev?

If it is broken, i'd like to know so i don't grind out those painful reps to get it

IM LAZY!!!
Edited by Rowmine on 1/26/2011 12:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
88 Troll Mage
I dinged Revered last night and we got this achievement.

But I have 59 exalted reputations so it really doesn't matter, but the real problem is this: You get the achievement for your guild, but can't even buy the pet until you get another 21k reputation. It requires Exalted to buy.

I know this has been mentioned, but it's still a problem.
Edited by Semi on 1/26/2011 12:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
So if it's the case for one person to have the 55/55 needed then how exactly is this a guild achievment. This issue has been known for a couple weeks and could / should have been addressed in the upcoming patch. Only thing addressed is letting peopel now buy the pet at revered.

Again Blizzard how exactly is this a guild achievment if it stands as is.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
I'm surprise there hasn't been an answer to this yet. Normally when I have a concern about a game mechanic or something, I can find it from a blue post. Lil sad :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
01/25/2011 6:55 AMPosted by Ozmosys
I would love to actually see a blizzard post saying yay or nay. :)

The blizzard post disappeared with the old forums. Mumper (Cory Stockton) said that it was unique reputations across all revered or better members. The link to the old forums leads nowhere useful. Perhaps if someone has a wayback machine?

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?sid=2000&topicId=26560501163&pageNo=1#5
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Please post an answer Blues!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
01/31/2011 2:57 AMPosted by Valerìe
I'm surprise there hasn't been an answer to this yet. Normally when I have a concern about a game mechanic or something, I can find it from a blue post. Lil sad :(

The reason it isn't being answered is because they are busy with disaster control. This expansion is gettign nothing but QQ and complaints in the other foums. I know people generally tend to QQ and complain about a lot of issues but I cannot recall seeing it this bad since the realid fiasco. Hell I would say its even worse.
Edited by Anarky on 2/1/2011 11:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
02/01/2011 11:29 AMPosted by Anarky
The reason it isn't being answered is because they are busy with
... the next content patch, 4.1. Content design people are not fretting about the PTR or balancing quests or PvP.

There are a number of other achievements that are annoying people somewhat more than this one. It's easy for me to say because I will have 55/55 when I hit exalted with my guild at the end of the month.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
The patch has been final on PTR for the last few days and will go live next week. They are not responding to anything lately unless its on a defensive posture, closing threads, or banning people on the forums. :p

Hell even MMO Champion posted today that the CSR's have been noticably absent.

I like the game too but it is in complete disarray on a lot of fronts.
Edited by Anarky on 2/2/2011 3:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Doesn't this achievement work off of generic exalted reputations earned after you hit revered? Like if I got exalted with Earthen Ring, and a guild mate got exalted right after; wouldn't that be counted as two? The tool tip doesn't go in to a lot of detail on this achievement.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
02/02/2011 12:54 PMPosted by Dasfaust
Doesn't this achievement work off of generic exalted reputations earned after you hit revered? Like if I got exalted with Earthen Ring, and a guild mate got exalted right after; wouldn't that be counted as two? The tool tip doesn't go in to a lot of detail on this achievement.

This is the issue. It doesn't work like that. I've documented my experiences in several threads so far.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
The hardest part will be for guiilds whom have started from scratch, with players whom have started from scratch, and can no longer get rep for factions that no longer exist... Just proof that Blizzard really needs to do something about their achievment function before actually removing things from the game. I personally had been grinding for the Scepter of Shifting Sands to start earning more rep for Brood of Nozdormu. I had just got up to the final quest in which you start running the raids, then Blizzard has the genius idea of removing the quest chain...I could no longer obtain the quest or the sceptre. If Blizzard is going to remove items that are pertinent to rep grinds in the future, it would behoove them to actually replace them with something along the same line. Thanks again Blizz for making a tedious quest chain for rep...useless!
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
02/02/2011 1:23 PMPosted by Doroteasenjk

This is the issue. It doesn't work like that. I've documented my experiences in several threads so far.

That's never been the issue, it isn't supposed to work like that. It is supposed to be 55 unique reputations so 2 guild members with earthen ring exalted would count as 1 but 1 member with earthen ring exalted and 1 with therazane exalted should count as 2, but currently it only counts exalted reputations of whoever has the most exalted.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Any guilds stuck on 54/55 should hopefully get it when the person with 54 reputations reaches exalted with the guild.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/02/2011 8:20 PMPosted by Azzeria
The hardest part will be for guiilds whom have started from scratch, with players whom have started from scratch, and can no longer get rep for factions that no longer exist.

There are only a few reps that have been totally removed. Zandalar Tribe, Shen'derwhatever, and one other one that removed a couple of years ago. You can still get Brood of Nozdromu rep from killing stuff in AQ40. You can get Hydraxian Waterlords rep from Molten Core, etc.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I just got my guild this achievement last night.

I had 54/55 and still had Ramkahen to cap. Many of my guildies already had Ramkahen exalted, and our guild didn't have the achievement. Finished three heroics last night to get to exalted and the guild achievement dinged at the same time.

So, in summary, I can confirm that one person must hold all 55 exalted reps before the guild achievement will be awarded.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
our guild has this issue as well. it's showing us to be like 5-6 reps away from 54, which is what we added up what we should be at with all the people revered in our guild... :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]