Priest Glyphs

55 Human Priest
I've been searching around a lot of forums, and I've seen quite a few suggestion to glyphs, but with recent changes to priest glyphs, a lot of the suggestions seem too out of date.

I'd like to know which glyphs to choose, since I'll be hitting 50 quite soon, I have no idea, apart from the "fun" minor glyphs.

I'm currently Shadow/Disc specced, and intend to keep it that way, although I do realize Holy is the superior healing spec, or at least for now it is, I just can't play Holy, Disc is so ingrained into the way I play it's almost impossible to change it.

Assuming I hit 50 soon, what are some suggestions for glyphs I should buy?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
I find disc to be a lot of fun too, despite it needing a lot of changes. I would recommend picking up Penance, PoH, and Barrier/PW:S/Renew for your prime glyphs. For major glyphs I would get Mass Dispel, Dispel Magic, and a glyph of your choosing.

I don't know much about what glyphs shadow uses, but hopefully this was helpful.
Edited by Goholy on 1/6/2011 12:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
55 Human Priest
That's helpful. For now though I'll use the ones I can use. For instance Barrier/Mass Dispel aren't available at my level so I'll leave them for later. I also notice they are massively expensive (on my server).

I'm sure I'll have enough by the time I get to that level, but for now I have bought PW:S, Renew, Dispel Magic, and a couple more of my liking.

Though I do need help with Shadow glyphs, I'm at a total loss for those. Along with them also being expensive, I have no idea which one is useful, and which is not.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
You should check out the stickies on the top of the priest board. I'll save you some trouble and tell you that it says shadow should be using Mind Flay, Shadow Word: Pain, and Shadow Word: Death for your prime glyphs. For major glyphs use Fade, Spirit Tap, and a glyph of your choosing, though I would recommend Mass Dispel once you hit 85.
Reply Quote
55 Human Priest
Oh, didn't realize they covered glyphs since the other two spec threads didn't cover them. Thanks once again.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Goholy's advice is pretty solid. If you start raiding at some point, you may want to trade Spirit Tap at the end game. The requirements to trigger it are pretty awful in a raid setting. It's great when you are soloing though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]