Leave ret alone, bring back sanctity aura

Hi,

I read the forums occasionally, and I would have to agree on the dps meeters, ret lags behind any other hybrid class for pure dps 80-84. However, once you gear yourself out, or get even a little gear I love the new changes for the most part.

I have been playing a paladin since release. I remember vanilla, 5 min blessings, 20 sec seals. I also ran a end game guild for a while and did retlol dps back then, when you had to have 1 ret paladin for kings buff. I would usually run around 10th on the dps meeters in a 40 man raid in MC, anyways....

As far as pve goes now, I have been in a few runs since my off spec is prot, and if i get a ret paladin in the group, if they are kept and not lol'd out and replaced by a frost DK, they usually are in the top 5 of a 10 man raid. Not bad imo. Not wotf either.

For PVP OMG i love it! I dont do great faceroll dps but its truely a vanilla type play experience. As you can see I am a support spec, I usually have as much healing as dps. The only thing I really would love to do is take inquision out altogether, and bring back sanctity aura. Or even make it a castable buff.

I think it would do a few things, first off instead of 30% holy damage increase over 30 seconds, costing 3 HP, sanctity aura would give 10% (id prefer 15%) holy damage buff consistent. Also, if Blizz decided to keep it a aura, its a give and take. One thing they like to do is buff with a nerf type deal. So why not, you would gain the dps buff, and loose the other buffs. And if they are afraid of holy paladins IE shockadins, being OP make it a 11 point + talent in the ret tree.

I think its a simple fix for the ret dps problem.
Edited by Kathorist on 12/30/2010 10:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/30/2010 10:36 PMPosted by Kathorist
As far as pve goes now, I have been in a few runs since my off spec is prot, and if i get a ret paladin in the group, if they are kept and not lol'd out and replaced by a frost DK, they usually are in the top 5 of a 10 man raid. Not bad imo. Not wotf either.

Being top 5 in a 10m just means that they beat the tanks, possibly a little better.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I loved Sanctity Aura back in the days. Like in Sunwell Plateau, there would be mobs that could only be damage by holy. The raid would rely on priests and paladins to down the mobs, and Sanctity Aura was always used in that situation.

Also, the idea of making Inquisition a castable buff sounds really cool, and possibly more likely than a return of the previously mentioned aura, considering the way Blizz is changing the class.

Most of all though, I do miss playing around as a shockadin. The way the Holy talent system is now seems though as Blizz is trying to promote shockadins in Cata. Some would call the idea of "holy dps" silly, but that's just as silly a discipline priest being an offensive caster (people do it). I do love the talents in holy that allow and help a holydin help out their partner with a bit of dps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]