how do you maximize your hunter dps?

85 Troll Hunter
i have this guildy who i have heard can pull 22k dps in raids and i really need help because i am not sure what i am doing wrong i am only pulling around 13k on the raid boss target dumby could someone plz give me some advice?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
There is a big diferance between what a hunter can get in raids compared to target dummy. You need to factor in that the hunter you mention probably has all the major buffs and debuffs up. Also for raids reaching the hit cap of 8% is very important for a hunter. Not only will your shots not miss, but your pet will also be hit capped and expertise capped. Then again I may just be seeing you in pvp gear at time of this post.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
i am down to 2 pieces of pvp gear not a huge deal still working on gear but he pulls 18k target dumby and i do have hit cap you can check him out he is pretty geared name is dendo on daggerspine
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
it is actually showing him in pvp gear atm but he has mostly epics

Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I've "heard" of a lot of things, but until I see it proven, I generally don't believe it.

Also, what boss? What class/spec? What you do on a target dummy really has nothing to do with what people are doing on bosses. Target dummies are for mastering your rotation.
Reply Quote
4 Draenei Mage
Ask him for a World of Logs link.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I have not done a raid yet but I spiked today in a 5 man at 19k and finished the fight at 15k so with epic gear and full buffs/debuffs 20+k should be easily doable in a raid.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
01/04/2011 10:31 PMPosted by Raidal
I have not done a raid yet but I spiked today in a 5 man at 19k and finished the fight at 15k so with epic gear and full buffs/debuffs 20+k should be easily doable in a raid.

Spikes are not counted. The 22k mark is sustained dps over several minutes. I could spike to 25k+ by poping all my stuff but time brings it back down. And for your 15k, how long was the fight. 15k on a 5man is something like 10-12k on a raid boss if you had the same buffs/debuffs due to several reasons. 1) Heroic Bosses are lv 87, Raid Bosses are lv 88 meaning that crit depreation is greater, and the boss will have more armor. 2) Fights are longer meaning that your uptime on the big dps increases are lower meaning lower dps.

Heroic dps is no where near comparable to exact raid dps.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Spikes are not counted. The 22k mark is sustained dps over several minutes. I could spike to 25k+ by poping all my stuff but time brings it back down. And for your 15k, how long was the fight. 15k on a 5man is something like 10-12k on a raid boss if you had the same buffs/debuffs due to several reasons. 1) Heroic Bosses are lv 87, Raid Bosses are lv 88 meaning that crit depreation is greater, and the boss will have more armor. 2) Fights are longer meaning that your uptime on the big dps increases are lower meaning lower dps.

Heroic dps is no where near comparable to exact raid dps

I understand all that. The only buff I had was the 4% forgotten kings. I was just stating that in my gear with hardly no buffs I can maintain 15k and spike higher. For someone in epic gear with a full array of buffs should be doing 20k or better on a raid.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
01/01/2011 8:23 PMPosted by Archloed
i have this guildy who i have heard can pull 22k dps in raids and i really need help because i am not sure what i am doing wrong i am only pulling around 13k on the raid boss target dumby could someone plz give me some advice?

well, first off, you are well below the hit cap. Get your hit up.

You have far better gear than I do. I pull 13-14K on 5 man bosses.
Reply Quote
Use this tool: http://femaledwarf.com/

And read this thread: http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t110723-cataclysm_survival_hunter/

That should up your DPS a bit. Depending on the fight, I do between 14-20k dps. Could probably be doing more, so I keep making tweaks.
Reply Quote
4 Draenei Mage
01/05/2011 9:14 AMPosted by Roná
That should up your DPS a bit. Depending on the fight, I do between 14-20k dps. Could probably be doing more, so I keep making tweaks.

Adding your tinkers, getting hit capped, adding a JC gem and using AGI gems instead of going for socket bonuses would be a good start.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
none of this helped at all sry i am above hit cap my dps is up and around 17k usually now depending on fight and what not but still have not done any raids because to many hunters out there and not well known enough in the guild but i hope to be raiding soon
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
oh and i do use femaledwarfs website occasionly pretty helpful
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
but i think i am satisfied with my deeps now am getting compliments and what not on it
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
01/05/2011 4:51 AMPosted by Wyvernmaster

Heroic dps is no where near comparable to exact raid dps.

thats a load of bullcrap.

youll always do more dps in a raid situation than in a heroic assuming both encounters have the same amount of moving and the boss isnt protected by certain major buffs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]