'You have been removed from the group' ??

85 Human Mage
So, I am in the Tol Barad battleground, and suddenly I am in my home city inn, with the message:

"You have been removed from the group".

That has happened the last two times I have been in Tol Barad.

What's causing this?

Have you had it happen?
Edited by Virtuous on 1/2/2011 9:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
01/02/2011 9:17 PMPosted by Virtuous
So, I am in the Tol Barad battleground, and suddenly I am in my home city inn, with the message:

"You have been removed from the group".

That has happened the last two times I have been in Tol Barad.

What's causing this?

Have you had it happen?

The raid leader kicking you out?
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
This is a battleground, though. There is no raid leader that can kick people.

Weird.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
No, TB puts you into a raid group not a BG group.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Ahh Tol Barad, will your wonders never cease?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Sorry, double post
Edited by Valnor on 1/2/2011 10:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Well, technically you are in a raid, but who would the raid leader be? A random person?

I can't imagine that random player can just kick people.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
01/02/2011 10:50 PMPosted by Virtuous

No of course not, people never grief people in this game just for the hell of it.
Reply Quote
1 Goblin Hunter
01/02/2011 10:50 PMPosted by Virtuous
Well, technically you are in a raid, but who would the raid leader be? A random person?

I think I read something about this happening in WG, too. Likely the RL messing with you and possibly a bunch of others as well. Take note of who your RL is so you can report them if it keeps happening.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
I was queued, I accepted, and I was fighting, and I was inside the zone at all times.
Edited by Virtuous on 1/3/2011 8:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Seen this happen in WG too, except I wasn't I wasn't ported out of the zone. A few other players had it happen in the same fight. Iwas able to reque immediately though and stay till end of battle.
Reply Quote
82 Human Mage
You can be reported AFK in TB, just like in BGs. Don't know if this results in a boot, but I suspect it does. I got folks to report someone that was obviously AFK the other day, and I saw him removed from the group shortly thereafter.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Might be a bug that lets the RL remove people. Report it in the bug forums if you were in a group and suddenly removed. I remember reading that Raid Leaders in WG and TB would no longer have the option to remove players.

This use to happen in WG on my server all the time but it would never boot you out, you would be stuck solo not gaining any honor kills or rank ups with the others.

Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
01/03/2011 12:20 AMPosted by Daïsh
you cant kick people from the raid

Yeah, unless they patched it recently you can.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
As I now remember, each time I had been discussing in chat the pro/con of win trading.

Maybe the raid leader saw it as a violation and kicked me out.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
01/04/2011 10:18 AMPosted by Virtuous
As I now remember, each time I had been discussing in chat the pro/con of win trading.

Lol were you for throwing the match? If so I can see why they would kick someone who joins only to lose.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage

Lol were you for throwing the match? If so I can see why they would kick someone who joins only to lose.

As I recall we were debating whether you got more XP by winning every other match for 1800. I did point out that you made much more Xp by trading wins, assuming you could retake the BG at will. But other people were talking as well.
Edited by Virtuous on 1/5/2011 6:43 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]