Tol Barad Honor Change

100 Blood Elf Rogue
You know... there would no need to fix the bridge exploit if... you actually, you know let people get INTO the fight.

Our last probably 20 attacks, Alliance has only had 10 or so join the fight. Up the minimum to 40 at the very least. Here on Mug'thol we will have 100+ people bridge jumping, and 10 people in the battle. If you can't muster up 40 people to control a WORLD pvp zone, you don't deserve to control it. Period.
85 Undead Mage
01/03/2011 2:17 PMPosted by Icehearth
Back to honor farm being a JOB, taking a lot of days to do, and offense never winning tol barad.

because you should be able to get half honor capped in 10 minutes of 1 day right?
85 Troll Druid
And back to the days in which one Faction holds it for weeks on end....

Thanks Blizz. Would you want us to bend over further? I'm pretty sure I can find a new position on this couch.
85 Blood Elf Mage
Want to know what destroys the spirit of competition, Blizzard?

Waiting excitedly to get into a Tol Barad battle every two and a half hours just to be told I'm being benched because of your flawed design.

Fix that.
85 Orc Shaman
01/03/2011 1:29 PMPosted by Keefus
well, I'll just go back to ignoring TB, no biggie. I got some upgrades from the extra honor while it lasted. No biggie
QFT.

Guess there's no reason to go to Tol Barad anymore.
90 Draenei Paladin
01/03/2011 2:09 PMPosted by Durin

We're working on a fix for this right now.

A fix as in removing it, or as in providing a way for all people who want to play in Tol Barad to be able to play in Tol Barad?

Tol Barad is laughable, and without win trading it will return to Defense dominated.

Honestly it's amazing Tol Barad made it through Beta.

Not really. Have you ever been in beta? It's stroking whatever the "latest arbitrary design paradigm shift" is and/or running around taking fraps of spoilers to post on youtube because LOL WOW BETA UNF UNF UNF MORE HITS ON MY AFFILIATE BLOG.

Not once is the simple question "Uh, how is this supposed to be fun when I repeat this nonsense the 3rd+ time?" and definitely not "How will people buck this system" even addressed.

Beta is the slow reveal to a randomized select few of the New Product, not a brain trust on how to make the game better.

Apparently fixing strand of the ancients wasn't giving vehicles stacking hps or cannons stacking dps, it was setting them to hyper-speed to make the winner whoever has more snares?

Apparently Tol Barad was "evenly balanced" the handful of times a few people LOLLED AROUND MAKING FRAPS TO SELL TSHIRTS VIA THEIR BETA YOUTUBE BLOG.

85 Goblin Death Knight
01/03/2011 1:40 PMPosted by Targen

We're working on a fix for this right now.

How about a fix for Tol Barad?

Haha amen man. Tol Barad is completely broke right now. Everyone who thinks the honor change today is going to fix it get real. The design of the venue itself is flawed and favors the defense way too heavily. Now, hot fixing the exploit was necessary but 360 honor plus towers for a win when you might win once a day? Really? Poor judgment in my opinion. How about you fix TB where the offense has just as much of a chance to win as the defense and set the honor to 700 for both sides to win? Seem reasonable?
55 Night Elf Death Knight
01/03/2011 2:17 PMPosted by Icehearth
Back to honor farm being a JOB, taking a lot of days to do, and offense never winning tol barad.

Yeah, because being able to get honor capped by going afk for 20 minutes a day is a great idea.

Edited by Darkstaarr on 1/3/2011 2:21 PM PST
85 Undead Mage
01/03/2011 2:20 PMPosted by Nahto
well, I'll just go back to ignoring TB, no biggie. I got some upgrades from the extra honor while it lasted. No biggie
QFT.

Guess there's no reason to go to Tol Barad anymore.

Translation: No more win trading? /cry
85 Human Paladin
Alright alliance back to not playing TB execept on tuesday
85 Draenei Shaman
I just want to point out how quickly they were to nerf something that everybody liked but a month after the release, the counter for the TB veteran ach. is still broken 0_0
85 Tauren Paladin
BUR
Any changes being planned to fix servers that can't get more than 5 people in there at a time?
88 Night Elf Druid
What's wrong with elemental shamans?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]