Tol Barad Honor Change

90 Draenei Paladin
01/03/2011 1:26 PMPosted by Zarhym
We'll continue working to make Tol Barad a fun and engaging PvP environment.

And once again, my realm will never see Tol Barad in Alliance hands again. Awesome. Fun and engaging does not mean the Horde has it 6.9 days of the week.
Edited by Verexïa on 1/3/2011 1:33 PM PST
You should reverse the honor points imo. 1800 to successfully defend, 180 for successfully attacking.

harder to exploit, as the defenders wouldn't want to lose their honor, and attackers have to win TWICE to get the 1800. Once to win the attack, and once more to win at defense.
100 Tauren Shaman
Thanks for completely ignoring the root causes of the problem.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You finally made the PvP grind tolerable for people who don't like BGs, then turn around and wreck it.

Thanks for nothing.

I think I'll paraphrase a statement from a guildy on this.

If you like PvP, then PvP isn't a grind. If you don't like PvP, then why do you care about gaining honor?

If you like arena but not BGs, buy the crafted stuff then get the arena rating gear.
85 Draenei Shaman
Reverting this change without fixing the mechanics of Tol Barad leaves us back at square one. Offense will be impossible against an equally matched opposing faction. Or even a slightly worse opposing faction.

Poor form.
90 Draenei Paladin
01/03/2011 1:33 PMPosted by Kittikat
You should reverse the honor points imo. 1800 to successfully defend, 180 for successfully attacking.

harder to exploit, as the defenders wouldn't want to lose their honor, and attackers have to win TWICE to get the 1800. Once to win the attack, and once more to win at defense.

lol, yeah, it's not slanted toward defense enough already, let's give them another reason to hold it forever.
85 Human Mage
Correction: I'm gaining 75 for a TB loss, which I assume is intended.
Edited by Shirvington on 1/3/2011 6:37 PM PST
Whats the word on the bridge exploit and all the players we have to PvP against who are way overgeared now from exploiting this mistake all week?
100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/03/2011 1:33 PMPosted by Kittikat

And then it'll never change sides because winning on attack is nearly impossible. It only happens on my server in the middle of the night, because it's easier to win with very small numbers. When it's 80 vs 80, the attacker can't win.
85 Tauren Druid
In the midst of all the other issues, would like to point out that one effect of the 1800 Honor for winning on offense (and the drastic difference for defense) was that no one queued while defending, making it impossible to actually get in and play the game -- even while spam clicking where the queue button would appear if you're standing in TB 15 minutes before a game. The net effect is that in any given game, no one actually can make it inside, and we're forced to kind of jerk around outside.

Sure, this is a necessary step, but I hope it's just that -- a step to something better. And along the way, it would be nice if someone actively had the queuing disparity issue on their minds (even in light of this change).
Edited by Danglys on 1/3/2011 1:36 PM PST
85 Human Paladin
I've gotta wonder what made whoever came up with the idea of rewarding 1800 to a successful attacking team think it was a good idea to begin with. If you're gonna be in game design, you need to be smarter than the lowest common denominator of the playerbase.

I'm not surprised though, since Blizzard has consistently failed at any aspect of world PvP since release (which is what lead to dumbed down attempts at quasi-world PvP like TB).
85 Human Paladin
This is an even worse idea than putting the 1800 into the equation in the first place. You haven't done anything to fix the zone. As soon as people realize that it's not worth losing the zone for 2.5 hours anymore, we'll be in the same situation again. One faction will own the zone continuously.

Great job Blizzard ... proving once again that once the A-team transferred to another project, all of their hard work over the years vanished. Whatever kind of people are making decisions now are clearly incapable of doing anything right. EVERYTHING you guys introduce to the game now is broken.
1 Dwarf Priest
01/03/2011 1:26 PMPosted by Zarhym
As you’re probably aware by now, an update was applied to Tol Barad shortly before the holidays which granted the attacking side 1800 Honor Points for a victory. While the goal with that change was to provide more incentive for the attacking forces to claim victory, it ultimately led to an undermining of the spirit of competition in Tol Barad. We’ve just applied a hotfix which has lowered the attacking faction’s gain to 360 Honor Points for a victory. The defending faction will still earn 180 Honor Points for a victory.

We appreciate all of your feedback regarding this change. We'll continue working to make Tol Barad a fun and engaging PvP environment.

Could throw the losing side a bone at least and award 1 token like the precedent set in Wintergrasp.

Also the last part of your message is amusing, you haven't made TB a fun and engaging environment at all or attempted to since it went live beyond adjusting rewards, it's the mechanics that are broken, completely misleading comment.
100 Tauren Shaman
01/03/2011 1:33 PMPosted by Verexïa
We'll continue working to make Tol Barad a fun and engaging PvP environment.

And once again, my realm will never see Tol Barad in Horde hands again. Awesome. Fun and engaging does not mean the Alliance has it 6.9 days of the week.

Fixed.
Another reason to ignore this battle. The extra honor was fun while it lasted.

Edit: Bawdy hit the nail on the head with this: "Also the last part of your message is amusing, you haven't made TB a fun and engaging environment at all or attempted to since it went live beyond adjusting rewards, it's the mechanics that are broken, completely misleading comment."
Edited by Mirdra on 1/3/2011 1:38 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
looks like I can go back to sleeping.
86 Blood Elf Priest
Why would you make it worth 450 honor? Its definitely not worth the time to do that. It is inconvenient cause its on a schedule and the chances of actually get in are slim to none. I have gotten in on 1 TB since Tuesday and I have missed no more than 5 queues (yes I set my alarm clock to wake up at the crazy hours of the day to be able to not get into the queue).

No more TB for me.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/03/2011 1:33 PMPosted by Blackangus
Thanks for completely ignoring the root causes of the problem.

This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]