Tol Barad Honor Change

85 Troll Mage
So now its win offence every 5 hours for 360 honor, or win defense every 2.5 hours for 360 honor for every two wins. Looks like one faction will control it again.
81 Draenei Hunter
01/03/2011 1:35 PMPosted by Alimony
At least fix the Tol Barad Alliance guards. You blues always ignore the most obvious problem.
If they would've read any of the Beta feedback about Tol Barad, that wouldn't be the case.

But that would mean Blizzard listening to their beta testers.
Community Manager
Whats the word on the bridge exploit?

We're working on a fix for this right now.
85 Draenei Shaman
Honestly I was one of the people that was hardcore pushing for them to take away the 1800 honor a win, because it was against the spirit of the game. But now blizzard has given an unfair advantage to a good portion of the players who cheated. There is a way blizzard can look at people that got 5/5 pieces in a week with no kills and take that gear away. This happened in the past with glitched arena vendors.
Blizzard would do this if arena players cheated and I see no difference right is right and wrong is wrong, you log all this information while people play, Use it. That or you need to mail all players who didn't cheat 5/5 of the set to level the playing field or this arena season is pretty much gonna suck for anyone who didn't cheat. This is the wrong message to send to your customers, that it is okay to exploit something until it is fixed. This is clearly against the TOS and those people should have their gear taken away they didn't grind it, they cheated.

It's great that you fixed the barn door but the cows are still out.....

Why should people with good sportsmanship be punished and those others be rewarded, there is no grey area here, it is black and white.

If everyone exploited one heroic raid boss that was a known exploit would those people be allowed to keep their gear? no right? this is no different.
Edited by Karline on 1/3/2011 1:49 PM PST
85 Troll Hunter
meh, got my mage his starting pvp gear. Ready to start hitting bgs and arenas with gusto.

Also, having to do Twin peaks 8 v 10 until we go down 2:0 is not fun at all...
sadly, I think TB is a lost cause. Maybe I am missing the point of the layout but it seems like something was overlooked when designing this BG.
1 Human Paladin
01/03/2011 1:39 PMPosted by Zarhym

How about a fix for Tol Barad?
60 Tauren Paladin
01/03/2011 1:31 PMPosted by Melaimi
THANK YOU!! Maybe it can be fun again.

When was it ever fun?
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/03/2011 1:33 PMPosted by Blackangus
Thanks for completely ignoring the root causes of the problem.
They're well aware of what the root causes of the problem are, it's just not something they can address via hotfix. The honor boost is/was an obvious band-aid fix until they can address the problem for real via client-side patch.

They thought that the consequences of ludicrous honor gain would not be as bad as the old state of the zone where it wasn't worth bothering to attack. They have since decided that they were wrong and they'd rather see the zone be hard to flip than have it be win traded for several times more honor/hour than any other activity in the game, hence today's hotfix.
86 Blood Elf Priest

I find it very hard to believe that a company like Blizzard can't fix this exploit within 1 day of it coming out.
85 Goblin Mage
01/03/2011 1:35 PMPosted by Gothos
Whats the word on the bridge exploit and all the players we have to PvP against who are way overgeared now from exploiting this mistake all week?

I don't imagine the bridge 'exploit' is high on their list of things they care about. I'm sure they don't want to persist any mechanics in the game which are so obscure in their execution, but I believe their intent in limiting the number of players invited to each TB is related to having somewhat even teams to encourage competitive play.

I think it would actually be a decent mechanic to just give the bonus honor to players on each side who remain in queue for the entire match. A lot of raids do this with wait lists and dkp so it is not an entirely foreign concept to WoW.
what is the "bridge Exploit?"
1 Human Paladin
Thanks for completely ignoring the root causes of the problem.
They're well aware of what the root causes of the problem are, it's just not something they can address via hotfix. The honor boost is/was an obvious band-aid fix until they can address the problem for real via client-side patch.

They thought that the consequences of ludicrous honor gain would not be as bad as the old state of the zone where it wasn't worth bothering to attack. They have since decided that they were wrong and they'd rather see the zone be hard to flip than have it be win traded for several times more honor/hour than any other activity in the game, hence today's hotfix.

They had the entirety of its beta testing AND three weeks after launch to make some kind of change. Welcome back to 3 weeks ago.
Edited by Targen on 1/3/2011 1:42 PM PST
85 Human Paladin

So when do you plan on fixing the queue system? Having a random pool doesn't make any sense if you're going to nerf the ability to farm honor.

People weren't "undermining" the spirit of competition in Tol Barad, you guys had to have known it would happen - I would venture that the designers undermined the spirit of competition in Tol Barad from the very beginning by designing such a flawed atmosphere.
82 Human Death Knight
Can you get the bots now?
90 Orc Death Knight
Can we please increase the honor gain for BGs now? It's a little ridiculous that we need to win 20 bgs to get a piece of gear... even more if you lose.
Edited by Julsqt on 1/3/2011 1:43 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]