Tol Barad Honor Change

100 Blood Elf Hunter
Honestly I am shocked it even made it live, the Devs should have instantly known that win trading was going to happen to exploit the honor gain. How was this idea not immediately shot down?

It was nice while it lasted, but I will also go back to ignoring Tol Barad until the Devs figure out a way to fix a broken BG other than tossing insane amounts of honor at the problem.
100 Human Paladin
The only thing I liked about the 1800 honor win was it gave an opportunity for casual players to feel like they can accomplish something in a short period of time. It would also have afforded players an opportunity to gear up an alt while not neglecting their main.

Oh well. It's back to BG grinding like before.

Was fun while it lasted.

85 Troll Hunter
01/03/2011 1:39 PMPosted by Zarhym
Whats the word on the bridge exploit?

We're working on a fix for this right now.

I would say that it matters, but unless you decide to re-buff the honor until the zone is fixed, the bridge wont get much play.
100 Troll Death Knight
01/03/2011 1:42 PMPosted by Keefus
what is the "bridge Exploit?"

You could hang out on the bridge and edge into the battle just as your team was about to win (you had around 10 sec before it would port you to your hearth location).

It allowed you to get honor+marks even if you weren't chosen by the RNG gods to participate in the battle.
90 Undead Death Knight
How about you fix bg queues so horde dont have to wait 20 minutes to get a game?
96 Draenei Shaman
01/03/2011 1:26 PMPosted by Zarhym
As you’re probably aware by now, an update was applied to Tol Barad shortly before the holidays which granted the attacking side 1800 Honor Points for a victory. While the goal with that change was to provide more incentive for the attacking forces to claim victory, it ultimately led to an undermining of the spirit of competition in Tol Barad.

I think Blizz undermined the spirit of PVP and competition.. It did not matter if you offer 4k honor, TB is not win-able against a Defense with more than half a brain cell.

What disappointments me is that you have made this change which will see the win trading stop and means I no longer have access to the dailies or BH.

An extremely easy fix would be to change the win condition to 2 out of 3 bases. It would at least ensure that it traded sides whilst still retaining pvp.
Edited by Scrumps on 1/3/2011 1:45 PM PST
85 Worgen Priest
01/03/2011 1:39 PMPosted by Karline
Honestly I was one of the people that was hardcore pushing for them to take away the 1800 honor a win, because it was against the spirit of the game. But now blizzard has given an unfair advantage to a good portion of the players who cheated. There is a way blizzard can look at people that got 5/5 pieces in a week with no kills and take that gear away. This happened in the past with glitched arena vendors.
Blizzard would do this if arena players cheated and I see no difference right is right and wrong is wrong, you log all this information while people play, Use it. That or you need to mail all players who didn't cheat 5/5 of the set to level the playing field or this arena season is pretty much gonna suck for anyone who didn't cheat. This is the wrong message to send to your customers, that it is okay to exploit something until it is fixed. This is clearly against the TOS and those people should have their gear taken away they didn't grind it, they cheated.

Why should people with good sportsmanship be punished and those others be rewarded, there is no grey area here, it is black and white.

If everyone exploited one heroic raid boss that was a known exploit would those people be allowed to keep their gear? no right? this is no different.

QQ "No fair! he got teh same gear as me and didn't spend 15 hours a day grinding honor!"
"Take all his toys away Blizz!"

It is what it is. I got 9 pieces of gear in 4 days. Also hit my 25000 HK achievement while I did it. I Qed up and got in almost every TB on Attack turn, and even did several Defend turns when I was available.

360/180? Nice reward for killin Horde imo
1 Human Paladin
01/03/2011 1:42 PMPosted by Vedranna
As you’re probably aware by now, an update was applied to Tol Barad shortly before the holidays which granted the attacking side 1800 Honor Points for a victory. While the goal with that change was to provide more incentive for the attacking forces to claim victory, it ultimately led to an undermining of the spirit of competition in Tol Barad. We’ve just applied a hotfix which has lowered the attacking faction’s gain to 360 Honor Points for a victory. The defending faction will still earn 180 Honor Points for a victory.

We appreciate all of your feedback regarding this change. We'll continue working to make Tol Barad a fun and engaging PvP environment.

did you change the way to win? so the zerg defense strat isnt 100% win everytime. Otherwise win trading is still more efficient then the spirit of competition.

Actually, nope. It's 5 hours for 360 honor, defend twice, 360 honor. Lose on defense, win on attack, 360 honor. With no mechanics or balancing changes to Tol Barad, there is almost zero reason to bother with attack anymore.
100 Human Warlock
01/03/2011 1:42 PMPosted by Vedranna
As you’re probably aware by now, an update was applied to Tol Barad shortly before the holidays which granted the attacking side 1800 Honor Points for a victory. While the goal with that change was to provide more incentive for the attacking forces to claim victory, it ultimately led to an undermining of the spirit of competition in Tol Barad. We’ve just applied a hotfix which has lowered the attacking faction’s gain to 360 Honor Points for a victory. The defending faction will still earn 180 Honor Points for a victory.

We appreciate all of your feedback regarding this change. We'll continue working to make Tol Barad a fun and engaging PvP environment.

did you change the way to win? so the zerg defense strat isnt 100% win everytime. Otherwise win trading is still more efficient then the spirit of competition.

^ This. Until T1/H1/C1 is fixed there is absolutely no point to attempting to take TB. Ah well actually being able to do the raid was nice, while it lasted on some servers.
85 Orc Rogue
01/03/2011 1:42 PMPosted by Redlights

So when do you plan on fixing the queue system? Having a random pool doesn't make any sense if you're going to nerf the ability to farm honor.

People weren't "undermining" the spirit of competition in Tol Barad, you guys had to have known it would happen - I would venture that the designers undermined the spirit of competition in Tol Barad from the very beginning by designing such a flawed atmosphere.

I agree with this. Tol Barad is not looking good.
I think you guys at Blizzard really need to post your Tol Barad balance blog you mentioned. Right now the battle is very... bad.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I think if you gave both attacking and defending like 500-600 honor then people would try harder ...I'm just saying make both side have the same amount of honor

I see what you did there. You edited out my second question. I guess the answer to that is as expected: silence.

Well, I guess I understand. It'd be hard to do anything about it. But this really ruins PvP for me and several others this early in the expansion. I'm just getting rolled by everyone in their full sets of blue PvP gear they got for free this week.

This is how I felt when coming back to the game near the end of BC. Everyone was over geared, and it was OK that I felt like that by then. It's not fair this time, though. Not at all.
Edited by Gothos on 1/3/2011 1:48 PM PST
85 Dwarf Shaman
How about fixing the whole design of you're terrible battleground instead.
80 Worgen Hunter
Thank you for ignoring the root of a problem. I liked TB, even if the honor had dropped to half you ignore the fact that the mechanics are broken. That being said, TB was good for the fact that between many servers, it fostered a relationship between the tense attitudes of each factions. While for this is good for lore, players being at one another's throats isn't really a good thing. So TB had it's ups.

STILL! Idea! Supplement the lost honor with weekly quests like in WG! Or here is a great idea. FIX THE ACTUAL BATTLEGROUND!

And by 'fix', I mean! Figure out a solution better than tenacity. It should be good for a half and half (Or close to it) win ratio for each side. But it should NOT be this broken either.
90 Orc Death Knight

Great. Since the chances of horde getting in to an attacking TB on our server is probably < 10% I look forward to rarely seeing the benefits of part of your game.

Or you could, you know,make something that's fun that everyone can and wants to participate in.
85 Troll Druid
K back to my 25 mins BG Q's
85 Blood Elf Paladin

So when are you going to fix BG queues so horde can actually gear up in a reasonable timeframe?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]