Tol Barad Honor Change

85 Human Priest
01/11/2011 2:03 PMPosted by Goranar
360 points for that hard a win is too little, just as 1800 is too much. Heck, if it were 700ish, I think everyone would be happier than they are now.

I'm thinking 700 and a bag of shiny things.
100 Tauren Warrior
01/06/2011 9:34 AMPosted by Brandoo
Maybe a tenacity buff is needed?

No

Fixing the victory conditions, making the 2ndary objectives mean something and addressing the ridiculously tiny size of the combat zone are what is needed.
85 Goblin Death Knight
I have a suggestion...

Make the map a bit smaller. I find it irritating to run a good 30 sec - 1 min to the other capture point just to find it zerged by the alliance who can get to each capture point in half the time because they start in the middle.
Another problem that I am seeing is that the balance system only makes things 1v1 upon entering. People will generally leave the moment they see they are attacking, making defense have more power right from the start. There needs to be incentive to prevent leaving, or make it so that if one person on one side leaves, another needs to be removed. Or just prevent leaving in general.
85 Goblin Death Knight
At least now we get a higher honor amount when we defend!
100 Human Warlock
ya i agree no more lock nerfs.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
i cant believe that they took most of the honor out of tol barad. so what if the alliance and hordre were working to gether to make each other better. All blizzard does is mess things up when everything is going good.
100 Human Death Knight
This place would be fun if it was even possible to get into it. The queuing for the battle is awful and needs to changed. I don't know about other peoples servers but your lucky to get in on this server once a week for a battle.
Attackers have won 2 battles in 11 days on my server. Woohoo.
90 Dwarf Warrior
Tol Bad

EDIT: Is there a little journal recording wins and losses in Tol Barad?
Edited by Gulvak on 1/12/2011 11:39 AM PST
100 Human Priest
What was blizztard thinking when it designed the Tol Barad BG ? Two relatively equal teams but one has to control all 3 forts at the same time. It took me 5 secs to know that it was a fail design. Currently on doomhammer the attacking side (either faction) wins less than 3%. One faction can go days without winning and thus not get to do the extra dailies. This is not fun or fair. I can't understand how the designers and testers made it that way but I would guess they are either under paid rejects from other software development companys or just don't care. (Tol Barad just being the lastest example of the 100's of other design flaws, design and idea rip-off's and wtf's?) You'd think a billion+ dollars a year would get a better game.
01/03/2011 1:31 PMPosted by Melaimi
THANK YOU!! Maybe it can be fun again.

Yes, it's extremely fun when one faction has it for days at a time. GJ Blizz!
85 Orc Warrior
01/03/2011 1:32 PMPosted by Purdyboy
You finally made the PvP grind tolerable for people who don't like BGs, then turn around and wreck it.

Thanks for nothing.

QQ moar. Seriously, 1.8k for a victory is too much. "PvP grind tolerable for people who don't like BG's"...meaning what? You don't like BG's, unless they give you an obscene amount of honor? Or you are an arena fighter who can't hack it and have resorted to BG's for honor, and are now upset your easy points are gone?

Blizz came out with something, people hated it, they changed it, it made the problem worse, so they hotfixed it, and people still aren't happy. There is no pleasing you people...

Sadly, there is no getting through to these idiots on most occasions. Hell I farmed a entire tank set, an arms PvE dps set, and a pvp set. I had all 3 completed (Excluding gems and some chants) by the middle of the second week of cata release. I did normal modes, then heroics, and I did bg after bg after bg after bg with tol barads in between. I did NOT enjoy the 1800 honor gain from tol barad, and I honestly skipped it as soon as I saw that this was going down.

Now inspect my toon on my name link, see my tank set, know my arms set is all 346 gear. barely below my tank set, and that my PVP set is complete, full set and offset AND INCLUDING the 2h sword from Hellscream's reach rep vendor.

Idk who made the original post about "thanks for nothing"After you have completed similar farming, and ONLY after doing it, can you EVER talk to me about why taking away the 1800 honor was a bad idea, and I will smack you down every time.
85 Orc Warrior
01/12/2011 12:43 AMPosted by Bosstoffee
I have a suggestion...

Make the map a bit smaller. I find it irritating to run a good 30 sec - 1 min to the other capture point just to find it zerged by the alliance who can get to each capture point in half the time because they start in the middle.

You do realize that tol barad is pretty damn bear being smaller than WSG? Its TINY. It takes less than 30 seconds to run from Point A to Point B or C. And you find it irritating? 30 seconds of running? And your a pally so you already move faster than everyone else? Do not continue this arguement, im going to town on your lazy bum right now:

Try playing back when we didn't get our first mounts until level 40. and that was the crappy 40% mounts. and STILL having to run everywhere because we had to attun to half the dungeons oh ya man, they actually had a lock that only let you in if you did X and Y to then kill Z and melt down Z's special sword into a key JUST TO GET IN, we had to run to stones and summon, did NOT have a LFG tool, and had to do everything on our own servers. We had to wait for hours sometimes to get a run going, and then spend sometimes 20 minutes just RUNNING there. Oh and warlocks couldn't summon into instances at that moment and time either. And there were a LOT less flight paths for us to use as well. and those first mounts, the level 40 ones, were expensive. REALLY expensive. and then the epic ones at 60. And then flying when you got to Outlands. And then EPIC flying when you really wanted that. And we didn't have the insanely uber boa gear either, so running through southern barrens just to get to the stone for RFK or BDF, was pretty much suicidal. Ever have to track down and kill a Fel Reaver so you can forge a key in its corpse and enter Shattered Halls normal mode, then farm for the heroic key via rep? Come back when you have.
85 Goblin Death Knight
You do realize that tol barad is pretty damn bear being smaller than WSG? Its TINY. It takes less than 30 seconds to run from Point A to Point B or C. And you find it irritating? 30 seconds of running? And your a pally so you already move faster than everyone else? Do not continue this arguement, im going to town on your lazy bum right now:

Try playing back when we didn't get our first mounts until level 40. and that was the crappy 40% mounts. and STILL having to run everywhere because we had to attun to half the dungeons oh ya man, they actually had a lock that only let you in if you did X and Y to then kill Z and melt down Z's special sword into a key JUST TO GET IN, we had to run to stones and summon, did NOT have a LFG tool, and had to do everything on our own servers. We had to wait for hours sometimes to get a run going, and then spend sometimes 20 minutes just RUNNING there. Oh and warlocks couldn't summon into instances at that moment and time either. And there were a LOT less flight paths for us to use as well. and those first mounts, the level 40 ones, were expensive. REALLY expensive. and then the epic ones at 60. And then flying when you got to Outlands. And then EPIC flying when you really wanted that. And we didn't have the insanely uber boa gear either, so running through southern barrens just to get to the stone for RFK or BDF, was pretty much suicidal. Ever have to track down and kill a Fel Reaver so you can forge a key in its corpse and enter Shattered Halls normal mode, then farm for the heroic key via rep? Come back when you have.

First of all I'm a Death Knight.

Second, I never played Wintergrasp, only took glimpses of it on the map. I don't know what the size scaling is on it.

Third, it takes me over 30 sec to get there because I kill people on the way, preventing them from getting to their destination.

Fourth, what the hell are you rambling about? I gave a simple suggestion about decreasing the map size by a little.

I don't give a damn if you've been playing since Vanilla WoW.
I don't give a damn that you had 40% mounts.
I don't give a damn that you had to wait hours to get a run going.
I don't give a damn that you had to use summoning stones to teleport people.
I don't give a damn that mounts were expensive.
I don't give a damn that you had to kill Fel Reavers to get the key to get into the dungeon.

I started playing mid December of 2010, so you trying to justify me by talking about stuff I never mentioned or experienced is just stupid.
Edited by Bosstoffee on 1/12/2011 1:56 PM PST
90 Dwarf Warrior
Hearing someone go on and on about how good we have it is so tired. This isn't a person in 1940s America complaining and being told about the depression. This is a PRODUCT we PAY FOR, it should only IMPROVE. At no point should a customer say "This product has improved since before I bought it and therefore I'm happy with it".
Edited by Gulvak on 1/12/2011 3:03 PM PST
Holy cow, the amount of pure QQ on this threa is ridiculous. Crying about it even more won't help. If you don't like what Blizz is doing to fix TB, I suggest you go fill out an application to join the team and go fix it the way you want it. I understand suggestive criticism, but I haven't seen one post other than "Wahhh, Blizz you suck fix it now I want 1800 points toooo". You can wait until they find out how to fix it, you can stop playing, or you can actually suggest something other than posting more hate. I've never seen players cry this much over something that Blizz is going to fix. You can insult me all you want, but all you're doing is wasting your time.
85 Troll Hunter
01/03/2011 1:44 PMPosted by Laina
How about you fix bg queues so horde dont have to wait 20 minutes to get a game?
OMG I was in a que for 55 mins the other day. Estimated wait time was 8 mins. Who is running the que? I think it got outsourced lol.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]