Tol Barad Honor Change

85 Night Elf Druid
Since TB is so awful and imbalanced. I would much rather prefer a system where maybe it's like AV? An amount of "kills/points" that have to reach zero and then that team would lose. Whether it was done by holding/taking over a tower if possible or just a straight up war of PvP madness to the death!
Possible even maybe add some tanks that actually DO something for 'fun' or SOMETHING/anything to make this more fun since it's so awful right now. It's not fun and it's not balanced... Mindless garbage!

PS: It doesn't even have the same vibe as WG... On my Server WG was always active and fun! Even after the battle. There were people outside the fortress dueling, people forming for the Raid and hanging out inside/outside. People fishing and running around doing prof's / collection daily, people trying to gank the other faction and get some kills for their quest or for fun in-between battles.. The place looked real cool and scenic and lots of people enjoyed just actually being there.
When done TB, I quickly zip through the dailies and I get the heck out of there. I don't want anything to do with that zone. It's dark, it's gloomy, there's no fun in-between battles; just snag the dailies and hearth.
These are all my thoughts and a several of my friend's, I don't speak for everyone but I figured I would share them.
Edited by Grizle on 1/13/2011 2:18 PM PST
85 Orc Warrior
So. You guys who whine about the imbalance saying that defenders just rez and zerg a base and you cant do anything about this when you have 2 and they have 1 base... I have 2 questions for you:

1- Are you killing healers? This does tend to make the massive fight at point A or B end MUCH faster, freeing up people to go defend Point C, which is being rez zerged.

2- ARE YOU DUMB?!?!?! Do you NOT understand exactly how ridiculously effective and powerful your crowd control spells are?

Ring of frost will shut down a zerg end of story.
Slow traps will cause an aoe fest for a zerg and cause major problems, if it does not kill them.
A random pally or warrior or bear or DK that decides to run in and spam aoe slows or cause a distraction will put such a monkey wrench into the rez zerg that it becomes a rez and get farmed fest. The fact is, you are not using your cc effectively. Or at all. Or not killing healers. Or all of the above. But whatever it is, it is YOUR fault you are losing Tol Barad.
85 Tauren Warrior
01/13/2011 6:44 PMPosted by Grandbreaker
So. You guys who whine about the imbalance saying that defenders just rez and zerg a base and you cant do anything about this when you have 2 and they have 1 base... I have 2 questions for you:

1- Are you killing healers? This does tend to make the massive fight at point A or B end MUCH faster, freeing up people to go defend Point C, which is being rez zerged.

2- ARE YOU DUMB?!?!?! Do you NOT understand exactly how ridiculously effective and powerful your crowd control spells are?

Ring of frost will shut down a zerg end of story.
Slow traps will cause an aoe fest for a zerg and cause major problems, if it does not kill them.
A random pally or warrior or bear or DK that decides to run in and spam aoe slows or cause a distraction will put such a monkey wrench into the rez zerg that it becomes a rez and get farmed fest. The fact is, you are not using your cc effectively. Or at all. Or not killing healers. Or all of the above. But whatever it is, it is YOUR fault you are losing Tol Barad.

Because the other team has no cc. They don't kill healers. The defender's zerg can't come from more than one direction of course.

The fact that you have two bases (and need 3) is just a liability. You have the same amount of players as the defenders but need to spread your numbers thinner because you have to control the whole board.

The fact is that a competent defense beats a strong offense in TB. It's not even hard to defend TB, it's just a bit tedious.
90 Night Elf Hunter
I think till blizzard fixes Tol Barad Alliances players need to stop queing up so the Horde can stop getting easy honor and gear at our expense.
That wasnt even the problem... The stupid team cap. When horde is attacking 5 alli will fight and half of the realm is outside waiting to get it. Remove the stupid "equality". Even when in the first place. It didnt work.
29 Troll Hunter
01/03/2011 1:32 PMPosted by Purdyboy
You finally made the PvP grind tolerable for people who don't like BGs, then turn around and wreck it.

Thanks for nothing.

QQ moar. Seriously, 1.8k for a victory is too much. "PvP grind tolerable for people who don't like BG's"...meaning what? You don't like BG's, unless they give you an obscene amount of honor? Or you are an arena fighter who can't hack it and have resorted to BG's for honor, and are now upset your easy points are gone?

Blizz came out with something, people hated it, they changed it, it made the problem worse, so they hotfixed it, and people still aren't happy. There is no pleasing you people...

When you can't even get into one TB in a given day or when you have the time, 1.8k for a victory really isn't that much.
4 Undead Warlock
01/03/2011 1:30 PMPosted by Curlyfries
Annnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddd done with that awful place.

If all the people who were just there for easy honor points won't compete any more then I consider it a double win. It should be a competition for people who like to PVP, not a source of welfare points.
85 Draenei Shaman
Yet by adding this "balance" makes it so the people who are taking their time to get to 85 can't have the experience of getting the 1800 honor points, which makes them mad and the other players cocky, so by doing all of this you screwed over the real players and gave the nubs the gear AGAIN ! ty so very much blizz
85 Blood Elf Paladin
well if we had it at 1800 honr points then there would be no point afterewards of trying to pvp. it keeps the game going
85 Blood Elf Hunter
all that did on my server was to allow the alliance side to get geared up and the horde wich is very outnumbered get creamed
85 Blood Elf Hunter
you got it anyone who acttualy tride to do the game and not pvp at the start got scewed
87 Dwarf Warrior
dude hunter ans locks are the most op atm. plz nerf them big time
85 Night Elf Hunter
well, back to horde only having it, was fun seeing what having an area was like, never got that solace in wintergrasp
90 Human Warrior
Thank you so much for reverting the honor gain, I was getting incredibly tired of it not being an actual pvp battle.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I agree entirely on the downgrading of the honor points from 1.8K to 360.. But while it was there it was great.
90 Gnome Warlock
i am not against this change... however there seems to be a lot of distress over this...

my hope is that blizzard is hasty in coming up with a solution that fixes it to a point that everyone can be happy...

my only regret is that i didn't get a chance to play TB sooner... as in before, during, and after the 1800Honor point change
Edited by Argawain on 1/15/2011 12:04 PM PST
90 Gnome Priest
Ok, psychology 101... if you constantly lose, you feel it's impossible to win, and you give up.
The defender consistently holds the Battleground, and reaps the rewards over.. and over... and over.. ad nauseum. And of course, that means they buy more PvP gear. Gear that is not nearly as available to the "losing" side. -Thus holding the battlegrounds longer because they are better PvP geared.

Why is making it feel like an impossible task to switch control considered balanced. It's like banging your head against the wall, it ends up just being frustrating and pointless, and attendance on the losing side just keeps dwindling, making it increasingly more impossible.

And it's utterly asinine to suggest that the solution is changing factions. Leave behind your friends and all the people you know, never get to play with them in-game at all, just for a chance at a BG win. No thanks. That's just stupid.

At least make it so that the loser gains a tenacity buff and will eventually win. Not have these week long one sided battles. Give each side some hope that eventually it's "their turn." No one likes to play with the jerk kid that keeps the ball all to himself all day.

If Blizz wants to suck the life and fun out of running in a BG, they've succeeded.
90 Undead Priest
Sat. 1/15/11 I've been to 6 Tol B in a 11hr span. All were losses. I understand that alot of my fellow horde have greens/no chants /gems/ or skill (unless u count gathering), it's getting old, and the hard core players dont find the place worth the effort. So now its a place to farm mats with your undergeared alts while ppl like me tank the allys. Do something...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]