Tol Barad Honor Change

93 Troll Shaman
Is this to suggest that the biggest problem with Tol Barad was the laughable amount of honor it gave you for winning?

With that fixed, can we move on to all the broken mechanics? For example, capping purely via numbers, spawning 5 feet from the flags, useless towers, etc?

Either that or rename it Circle Jerk Island.
Srry to say this to you blizzard but you failed again at making world pvp if fact i think you made it even worse at least in WG it switchs factions easier for TWO days straight on my realm it has stayed in horde control with defenders having to easy of a time to defend sure we take 2 but then we lose one then we get it back then we lose another by the end of it it turns in to a merry go round with our faction only controling 1 tower even with extra time FIX that then maybe it would be funner
01/16/2011 12:52 PMPosted by Brandom
Srry to say this to you blizzard but you failed again at making world pvp if fact i think you made it even worse at least in WG it switchs factions easier for TWO days straight on my realm it has stayed in horde control with defenders having to easy of a time to defend sure we take 2 but then we lose one then we get it back then we lose another by the end of it it turns in to a merry go round with our faction only controling 1 tower even with extra time FIX that then maybe it would be funner

I would kill for 2 days. On one of my realms the horde have controlled it for 9 days straight lol.
15 Goblin Warlock
not me i know how to please myself i took my visa card off this broke game blizzard has.
85 Orc Shaman
Tol Barad is just about as strategically interesting as tic-tac-toe...

It takes maximum effort and skill from the attackers, yes, but then for them to win, that effort must be paired with a stunning error in defense to succeed. So even if you win attacking, it isn't satisfying because the defense had to fail to allow it.
90 Human Warrior
I am on a lop-sided server and we lose alot. No big, I like the server. I just did Tol Barad...maybe for the last time...we lost, and after spending all that time there I recieved my reward of 75 honor...75 freaking honor? What a waste of my time!
100 Undead Mage
no small a "no biggie" that u sed it twiced lol. It's ok to have ur feelings hurt man, it's the interweb :D
No they still control it
85 Night Elf Priest
Please fix the win dynamics for Tol Barad ASAP. Having to hold three bases to win is rediculous. And the defenders always spawn in the middle so if they lose one they all rez in the middle and just zerg one. All they really need to do is either zerg in force or turtle to win. This is not a fun experience for the defence.
85 Night Elf Priest
01/16/2011 11:01 PMPosted by Fweeboid
Tol Barad is just about as strategically interesting as tic-tac-toe...

It takes maximum effort and skill from the attackers, yes, but then for them to win, that effort must be paired with a stunning error in defense to succeed. So even if you win attacking, it isn't satisfying because the defense had to fail to allow it.

This^^ I love the tic tac toe analogy. I would think y'all at Blizzard were smarter than reinventing tic tac toe...
85 Worgen Death Knight
But mages... they could go for another round of nerfing.
Edited by Sorrowdeath on 1/17/2011 7:00 AM PST
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So 1800 honor might be a little too much; but what about 1000 honor for attacking victory and 300 honor for Defence victory. Another suggestion is also to give Defence buff like 5% damage reduction per tower when towers are up and when they are destroyed give attackers the buff.

This I believe this would make attacking the towers and defending them more important that it is now.

P.S. nerf seige engine armor
Edited by Keynote on 1/17/2011 8:07 AM PST
85 Undead Mage
I would agree with 500 honor win, 360 for a loss.. to get gear you have to do so much more grinding than for pve gear (imo). I think PvP has been put on the "Backburner" for too long. Really wish more content was put into it!
85 Goblin Shaman
Everyone hates Tol Barad. Just take it out and replace it,
85 Tauren Druid
Don't usually reply or post on these threads, and I am probably repeating what everyone has aready said... but...

The system has put an unfair advantage to those people where "given" large ammounts of honor for a TB win.

I sit in a 20 min que for a random bg... it takes about 20 to 30 min to actually run the thing... my team loses, and I get 60 honor (200 for a win). That is aprox 45 min of my time to get an average of 135 honor.

I find myself having to grind out honor in this way to gear up to compete with people who were "given" their gear by pvping for a few hours in TB before the fix was put in. There are people in my guild who don't even like pvping who have full sets because it was practically free. It is unfair to give half the population this advantage and deny the other half.

Some Ideas
1. Increase "PvP Daily" rewards...
2. Up the Honor of Tol Barad to meet somewhere in the middle of where it was and is now.
3. Give more honor for Battlegrounds
4. Give bonus honor for every min waiting in a que. Realms where ques are shorter have a much higher honor per hour ratio.
4. People running/protecting the flag get less honor due to the lack of combat in defending and waiting... It is more viable to just fight and farm the middle of WSG. It does not promote the completion of objectives in BG's and can drag on a match until the time is up.
85 Gnome Mage
Can not believe the changes made, been trying for 5 days now to gain control and stilll we lose EVERYTIME. For 5 days the HORDE have had the extra dailies and achievment opportunities. Please go back to trading controling sides, at least then it was a bit more fair for the dailies. What difference does attacking honor make if you can't win. I would rather get a chance at the daily quests for honor.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]