Tol Barad Honor Change

90 Draenei Paladin
TB is a waste of time and the stupidest thing Blizzard has ever done. The idea that all the defenders must do is hold one base is ridiculous on the face of it. I read that they didn't want it to become another WG. Well congratulations! It's not. So defending was too hard at WG. Well fix it then but don't put out another BG with same problem just turned around. It is a simple military fact that holding ground is much tougher than taking it. Ever hear the old saying "the best defence is a good offence". Perhaps you could consult with some military types and get their opinion. I'm sure when they look at the current situation they'll tell you the same thing. Put your ego's aside, admit you made a mistake and fix it.
90 Night Elf Hunter
one whole week, not wins, not too worried, here is the thing, no dailys for a whole week not a single shot at the raid boss, now the rest of us pay our money to have fun too, and this zone could be fun with some changes, but i am tried of not getting my dailys done at the very least, blizz you need to fix this, i play on two servers and both are saying the same thing, stop q ing up for it at all, now that is a shame, some action to fix this problem would be great guys, you have some nice rewards involved the daily and i would very much like to enjoy them, but not with the way it is now
83 Blood Elf Rogue
01/03/2011 1:32 PMPosted by Purdyboy
You finally made the PvP grind tolerable for people who don't like BGs, then turn around and wreck it.

Thanks for nothing.

QQ moar. Seriously, 1.8k for a victory is too much. "PvP grind tolerable for people who don't like BG's"...meaning what? You don't like BG's, unless they give you an obscene amount of honor? Or you are an arena fighter who can't hack it and have resorted to BG's for honor, and are now upset your easy points are gone?

Blizz came out with something, people hated it, they changed it, it made the problem worse, so they hotfixed it, and people still aren't happy. There is no pleasing you people...

lol there is no pleasing you people? nice work on sucking up to your superiors. You obviously dont actually play this game
85 Human Paladin
Haha, 1.8k was nice while it lasted.
Might as well just farm BGs for honour, TB just takes way to long on D after the towers fall, really inefficient with our time. Then again so are some BGs... maybe it's WoW in general... =S

But I won't complain, I'll just avoid TB.
85 Human Paladin
I would like to second the renaming of TB to Circle Jerk Isle.

Descriptive and relevant imagery.
90 Tauren Druid
back to not doing it at all i get more doing av the greatest pvp zone in game lol
90 Tauren Druid
stop spamming
The glitch where one can leave the raid while waiting for a rez, but not being forced out of the combat zone needs to go. As a matter of fact, I think this is a good part of the imbalance, since the larger faction in the zone can get around the 1v1.

It's one thing to lose because the other team is better. It's even one thing to lose due to mechanics that need a little fixing. It's another thing to lose because people want to be dishonorable, and cheat via exploit.
85 Night Elf Druid
I think they should remove all the honor/gear anyone has gotten from tol barad.. and remove the zone from any play until they fix it.. Its pretty silly they allow people to gear up and exploit a half baked area that they didnt balance before releasing it, especially when the first thing they stated about cata was they wanted to make it more challanging and not give free gear to people.. YET THEY DO JUST THAT!!!!
Hypocrites..?? you guys decide
01/18/2011 1:40 AMPosted by Primaldruid
I think they should remove all the honor/gear anyone has gotten from tol barad.. and remove the zone from any play until they fix it.. Its pretty silly they allow people to gear up and exploit a half baked area that they didnt balance before releasing it, especially when the first thing they stated about cata was they wanted to make it more challanging and not give free gear to people.. YET THEY DO JUST THAT!!!!
Hypocrites..?? you guys decide
85 Undead Rogue
How about we just fix BG Q's and then we wont need this crappy excuse of PvP
85 Gnome Rogue
@Purdyboy

Thank you! I agree completely. One thing that upset me enormously was that there just seemed to be a lot less of a challenge in Wrath. I find TB extremely fun and the fact that I can't buy a piece of gear just for attacking hasn't changed that. I love the new challenges this expansion presents and don't think that there is anything that needs to be fixed. Thanks Blizz! I know for a fact that people who really enjoy gaming do appreciate everything that came around with the expansion. You guys rock, don't let a bunch of call of duty try-hards convince you to make the game a walkthrough for them!

-LazySkwirl
85 Human Warlock
Nice job guys, The "Win trading" In Tol barad was starting to annoy me.
85 Gnome Rogue
I think all of you people complaining about the whole 1.8k honor being gone is total bull crap.

I was level 80 and had to watch almost my whole guild get this "free" honor and be fully geared before i even got to 85. So now that everyone is already fully geared no one takes TB seriously anymore and it's like no one really tries.

Most of this could be the balanced issue. But nevertheless Its a battleground just like all the rest of them. You get more honor from this one anyways. Because its a fight they want you to win. You cant tell me that you get 360+ honor for wining a WSG match. Can you?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I heard about the 1800 honorpoint win and struggled to get lvl 85 to gain the extra points but as soon as I gained lvl 85 and started soley focusing on pvp gear it was changed I didnt get the chance. Although I am dissapointed that I missed out on the extra points I still believe the the change was necessary.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]