Tol Barad Honor Change

85 Blood Elf Paladin
OMG. Did it really undermine the spirit of competition? Who would have guessed that?

01/03/2011 1:32 PMPosted by Purdyboy
Blizz came out with something, people hated it, they changed it, it made the problem worse, so they hotfixed it, and people still aren't happy. There is no pleasing you people...

Maybe because they still haven't fixed what is wrong in the first place.
85 Orc Death Knight
01/03/2011 1:39 PMPosted by Zarhym
Whats the word on the bridge exploit?

We're working on a fix for this right now.

The bridge isn't the problem it's that so few people can get in the battle on some servers : /
85 Human Death Knight
01/03/2011 2:05 PMPosted by Bruticus
TB needs to become a scheduled BG. Instead of having the "horde heavy" pvp servers waiting to fight someone and the "alliance heavy" pve servers(like mine) doing the same you could have them fighting each other like you do with the other BGs.

This 1:1 ratio design does not work because you've never addressed faction imbalances on your servers. Ideally you'd have servers with relatively close faction distribution and the 1:1 design would work really well, unfortunately that's not how it works in practice and instead you have a un-enjoyable game for much of your playerbase.

If you can't fix the faction imbalance across your servers, then at least let us play TB across our battlegroups.

ya well tenacity was suppose to fix that, but people complained about that also.
90 Troll Warrior
You finally made the PvP grind tolerable for people who don't like BGs, then turn around and wreck it.

Thanks for nothing.

QQ moar. Seriously, 1.8k for a victory is too much. "PvP grind tolerable for people who don't like BG's"...meaning what? You don't like BG's, unless they give you an obscene amount of honor? Or you are an arena fighter who can't hack it and have resorted to BG's for honor, and are now upset your easy points are gone?

Blizz came out with something, people hated it, they changed it, it made the problem worse, so they hotfixed it, and people still aren't happy. There is no pleasing you people...
i agree...if u dont like bgs why u even need the gear or deserve it for that matter
85 Tauren Druid

I find it very hard to believe that a company like Blizzard can't fix this exploit within 1 day of it coming out.

I find it hard to believe that you and the others who scream that fixes take too long or that Beta is expected to catch all bugs and player type exploits know anything about computers, programming or game design.

this
Just make Baradin hold an instance that is accessible by any faction at any time and do away with this horrible zone
90 Human Warlock
So when are you going to fix the useless Alliance guards who attack nothing?
85 Worgen Warlock
its still almost inpossible to get this place back after you lose it :/
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I have never been able to get INTO Tol Barad - I played to 85 on several characters and I have not been able to participate in ANY of these battlegrounds. I paid for new content Blizzard, not to sit and wait in hopes one day in the future I May have a CHANCE to pvp just becuase you havent fixed the imbalance in Alliance to Horde population.

If you do not fix this and MANY other problems with your game I will cancel my subscription because to continue would be a collossal waste of my time money and effort.

To those who exploited the game and got 1800 honor good on them because at least they got something for their time and effort they put into the game.

BLUE POST PLEASE
85 Night Elf Priest
Suggestions to fix TB:

1) Shorten the time for a cap.

2) Let 2/3 capped bases win. Or Make it where capped bases could not be reclaimed.
85 Blood Elf Priest
Honestly the best, simplest, easiest fix to TB is controlling 2/3 towers. There's still a need to coordinate but it kills the idea of Circle Zerging. I feel this would tilt the battle about 50/50 for both defense and offense.

Also bump the idea of "once a tower has be destroyed it cannot be reclaimed." The only problem I see with this is a mass turtle on 1 node for 3 nodes or victory being far too easy as the attacking faction could just zerg 1 node at a time.

It's definitely a really bad battle ground right now, it's not even really fun. It's just boring and frustrating.
85 Dwarf Shaman
Is their any plan or intention to redesign or tweak Tol Barad to make it balanced?
90 Blood Elf Hunter
If you're fixing the bridge "exploit", I sure hope you're coming up with a way to let more people into the battle. GL ever getting the 100 victory achievement otherwise.
85 Night Elf Druid
IMO the rewards need to be balanced better based on the battle something along these lines:

Win on attack should give 4 badges, win on defense 3 badges, losers should still get 1 badge if on attack 2 badges if on defense. Honor rewards should probably be like 90 x # of Badges.

Since defense has a better advantage it should be more along the lines of 1.5-2 defenders for every 3-4 attackers.

This way there is always an incentive to queue. Right now, I know that my faction will probably lose Tol Barad while defending (and probably attacking too) so there is very little incentive to queue/participate in a losing battle with lackluster rewards.

90 Draenei Paladin
You finally made the PvP grind tolerable for people who don't like BGs, then turn around and wreck it.

Thanks for nothing.

QQ moar. Seriously, 1.8k for a victory is too much. "PvP grind tolerable for people who don't like BG's"...meaning what? You don't like BG's, unless they give you an obscene amount of honor? Or you are an arena fighter who can't hack it and have resorted to BG's for honor, and are now upset your easy points are gone?

The point is 100% valid.

Why do I have to grind gear in order to compete? It's foolish. They don't do that on the tournament servers. Oh, I get it, you have to pay extra for the obviously not-terrible arena setup.

If i want to arena, I should start with "beginner arena set." This should be GIVEN to me. Instead we go through a black box of math, where I can perhaps upgrade based on performance. But what's the point of the upgrading if the arena is fair? Instead we have certain classes who get a ton of benefit from arena gear, others that don't, certain comps that are great, many that aren't, blah blah.

Make an arena set that is only usuable in arenas, make it fair, then all of the peen waving will shift as people who can't be bothered to GRIND GEAR in order to participate in the arena system without getting demolished by those who have might now be interested.

It would be like showing up to a chess tournament and unlocking pieces on the board via prior ratings. Entirely stupid.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]