Dear Malygos,

84 Undead Warlock
Some listening music for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRUTf-EsaTY

Let's talk. Are you comfy? Maybe some tea? No? A nice scotch?

Stop it.

You are not a unique or beautiful snowflake, all these new "ten man raiding guilds" are a massive joke. The majority of you don't have the leadership skills or understanding to lead a guild, but you do as your ego demands.

Some of you are arrogant enough to believe you have a chance at progression, when in reality, you are shooting yourselves in the feet.

I also understand the egos that are coming into play here, suddenly you can get the same amount of glory that the twenty five mans used to have without the headaches of herding twenty five different personalities in a raid.

It's an easy trap to fall into, believe me, I know. I almost fell into it my self, but thankfully due to the arrogance of one man, I was able to remember some core truths.

Now, you can try to start a ten man guild and flounder against the more established guilds, and hey you might even get some fame, but then the sharks come swimming in and start picking out your stronger members, because x guild can offer a better time raiding with more progression or something silly. At which point drama starts because this guild took this person, and maybe you might have even been friends with x guild before this all started.

This attitude of isolation in the raiding community is what's fostering all these ten man start up guilds. There are the have and have nots, it's as simple as that. While some of the haves might be arrogant and happy to step on your face to get to where they are going, some are looking for new blood for this new raiding content, and now would be the time to get in, before the gear difference really starts to show.

Now, I know I might be talking to the wind, but this silliness has to end. Instead of starting you own guild and draining the raiding community of a finite resource there is in raiders right now, why not stop, take a breath and look around at all the wonderful guilds already recruiting?

Your old buddy Hellish is looking out for you, so don't worry about guilds getting to big and evil, that's what I'm for. With almost childlike glee I can attack any guild and make them look like fools.

My fighting windmills might look silly to you, but from this you can benefit.

So let's wake up those brains and make the raiding community on Malygos better!

Or not, and I can start yelling at you again.

Either way is fine for me. I get enjoyment out of both ways.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I rather like your song choice. I probably would've gone with a combo like this, myself: http://endlessvideo.com/watch?v=HMnrl0tmd3k
http://endlessvideo.com/watch?v=DIx3aMRDUL4
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
ETF
Here is my take on your point Hellish.

Malygos: RAWR 10 man Power.

Hellish: ......

Malygos: RAWR WANT MOAR

Malygos: RAWR RAWR RAWR

Actual progression guild: Someone %(^*ing look over here.

Malygos: OMG WILL ALMOST KILLED ONE BOSS

Hellish: This might be the saddest state that I have ever seen Malygos in.

Malygos: Ohh, my crap shot guild is falling apart.

Actual progression guild: Recurtiment closed.

Malygos: Time to go get some PvP wellfare epics and never leaving trade chat.

Edited by Rixii on 1/4/2011 12:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
You don't even play on malygos. Stop trying to help, malygos is beyond help. Everyone knows that. There's too many gigantic egos on this server for any people to actually get along for long enough to work together to achieve something.
Reply Quote
87 Goblin Shaman
@ Merla: If you haven't stepped foot into a real raid, you can hardly say our server is beyond help. We just lack players who have the time or patience to devout to hardcore raiding (and a large population of mentally handicapped toddlers).

@Hellish: I'm too tired to read what you typed, but good song.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Your f#cking morons. You all preach the same @%%@ we were preaching in Vailla, BC, and Wotlk, soooner or later your going to realize no one cares about your opinion, you are just a troll. You serve no purpose so stop trying to stand behind other peoples opinions. This server is doing fine your just not looking hard enough. I took a break from trolling and you know what I found? Its all a bunch of bullsh#t. "Malygos is beyond help" is a lie, you are ignorant to the fact that this server has been changing for the better, if you would look beyond the ideals of your idiotic friends and stop listening to the crap they are spoon feeding you, you might see this server isn't half bad. I'm sure you didn't learn this IRL because you have very little life skills. But its about making it on your own and not expecting people to hand you down @%%@. Your guild is not going to turn you into the elitist b#tch you feel you should be, work for it. And Hellish, they might be doing low-grade content but at least they are pushing for something rather than being apathetic, its a game, if you can't have fun than don't play.
Reply Quote
70 Draenei Paladin
It is not arrogance, it is fatigue. Mental fatigue.

This is the game's 7th year and 3rd full expansion. For years people have been changing their schedules for others, and trying hard to get ahead in their raiding. This has resulted in them running around in collective circles, again, and again. Full expansions released back to back, as opposed to minor expansions, only serve to enhance the feeling of repetition.

Of weariness.

Think of all the things over the last several years that made the game less enjoyable. Look at the direction people are going now. You can see they simply want to enjoy the game again and stop putting up with the same old bs.

The fault of Blizzard is their lack of releasing minor expansions and instead making every actual expansion a full one. One where you start completely over from ground zero again. Because now instead of putting up with 'stuff' a little longer, we see we have to do it all over again, and if we are going to do it all over again, we're going to try and avoid the mistakes of the past. Instead of putting up with the same old crap, people are going to try and avoid it by trying something different.

That's what I see. I see people saying to themselves, "Ya know, if we are going to go thru all this again, I'm not going thru all the BS and I'm going to try and enjoy the ride this time."

The key difference we have now is, Cata made 10man raiding legitimate. It is the dawn of the 10 man. Does that mean every shlep who comes a long making a 10 man is trying to achieve greatness? No. It just means now, unlike before, they have actual ground to stand on when making a guild. The populace isn't going to look and point and say, "LOL 10man guild cuz you guys can't do 25's! Casual player Fail!"

I've lead 10man guilds since classic. In BC if you wanted to raid anything besides Kara and ZA in terms of progression, you had to do what? Form a guild alliance. In Wrath we had more to do, but faced contempt and ridicule. Wrath 10's weren't considered by the mainstream player populace as legitimate raid guilds because the gear in 25's was better.

No matter what anyone says or claims to believe, we're all gear judges. Whether people care to accept this fact or not is irrelevant, we all do, and we all are. That's MMO'n. People who claim this isn't true, haven't looked into themselves deeply enough, or they are just like the morons who screamed about gearscore use, or ran and cried about my pug raids when I exempted them from loot for playing like ass and being carried.

But would you believe me if I told you this was all just a phase?

That down the road you're going to see a slight revert back to 25 raiding again? You wanna know why? Because a number of these people running 10 man guilds, are running guilds. Eventually the whole job that it is, will wear on them. They'll want less work. They'll want their drops to drop quicker and have less wait for upgrades. And so they'll turn back to 25's. We'll see a number of the 10's just fold, or merge with other 10's into new 25's.

So there is no need to tell em to stop the madness. In a couple of content patches down the road, they're going to do it anyways. Because there is a common misconception that goes around, and the reality is..

10 man guilds take as much effort as 25s.

In a 10 man, you need less people, but each person becomes that much more important. And the loss or absence of one becomes that much more of a burden. In a 10 man raid, you are 1/10th of the raid. In a 25man, you are 1/25th. That means you are 2.5 times as necessary to show up and perform at necessary levels, and as such, that much harder to replace.

Dunno about you guys, but I eventually got tired of sitting on my hands waiting for 45 mins, or an hour, or 2 hours for my OT to show up, or my 2nd healer. Why do you think I got so heavy into 25man pugging?

I could mitigate more of the dead weight. I wasn't as dependent for particular individuals to show up.

So you want my opinion on all this? Let em build their 10's. The more people that do this, the more total options players have to choose from. But the reality is, and the horde here saw this last year, not everyone can run a raid well, or a guild, and people will eventually flock to those they know that can.
Edited by Deathpony on 1/5/2011 4:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
@Hellishdream: I know just what Arrogant guild leader you're talking about
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
borrus you are 100% right..let the bottom feeder swallow his own..the guy is a emotional wreck that comes to these forums to find pitty.
thanks borrus.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
hi
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
@Merlea: I don't know why you feel the need to complain on forums and attempt to troll this server, you are terrible at it, just like you are terrible at every other aspect of this game. Borrus is absolutely correct in what he is saying, ya'll just need to quit crying. If you are unhappy about the progression on this server then go elsewhere.
Edited by Vezrah on 1/18/2011 9:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
It's funny how I /lol at you once in stormwind and here you are dragging up a topic from about 3 weeks ago and calling me bad.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Less people would be rather nice. Less emo kids crying on the forums would be better.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
A clear and present Murloc.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
People in real life or WoW always surround themselves with people who are like minded, if you see nothing but failure that is because you are not trying hard enough. If you top the healing meters, DPS meters, or are just a plain good tank people recognize that. If your not a close runner up to any of those things than you yourself need to improve and not expect other people or gear to do it for you. Lets say you are a genuine good player, other people will recognize that and you will recognize that, and you won't be obliged to cry on the forums about it. I'm not trying to be a #*## I'm just saying progression is like life, you improve, move out of your mother's basement, and better yourself before you become the person you want to be. No one gives you anything for free and that's exactly how WoW is. Your guild is not your mother. They will not give you what you feel you have a right to own without putting forth effort. And grats to everyone who has come through on top thus far in terms of progression on this server, I applaud you it is not easy.
Reply Quote
70 Draenei Paladin
12/26/2010 7:15 PMPosted by Börrus
You do heroine?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Whats wrong with recreational drug use hmm?
Reply Quote
84 Undead Warlock
01/29/2011 8:07 AMPosted by Borrus

You end up like me.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
01/29/2011 3:47 PMPosted by Hellishdream

You end up like me.
I require your real ID sir. It's a matter of National Sanity.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
I am like you in ways. Not all, but ways.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]