Fishing Daily Rewards are Unsatisfactory...

85 Tauren Druid
It seems as though the rewards from the Orgrimmar fishing dailies are fairly disappointing. I've been doing the dailies since they were available, and all I've gotten from it is vendor trash that sells for 2c. Leveling fishing is a pretty time-consuming thing, and in the past the fishing dailies have offered cool and fun rewards (new fishing poles, little pets, vendorable grays that sell for decent amount) which I always thought was cool that Blizzard was rewarding us for leveling fishing. I did the fishing dailies whenever I could throughout BC and WOTLK, but I'm finding the moment I hit 525 and I no longer need the skill-ups it awards,

I will have absolutely no reason to continue doing them. Could we please see some of the cooler rewards that BC and WOTLK offered? Or perhaps even new, updated fishing gear? The current rewards are minimal, and are the same items offered in WOTLK. For those of us that already have the Strand Crawler and fishing hat from previous expansions (the only two rewards from the "new" fishing daily), there's really nothing for us from this daily. I continue to do my JC and cooking dailies to get new patterns, but fishing seems to be fairly underwhelming. Any other fishers feel the same?

I love that Blizzard gave us fishers something to do, and to look forward to every day, I'm just sad and hoping Blizzard will add something in the future to our new daily; something to make this profession more glamorous.

Loot Table:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=67414#contains

TL; DR Fishing daily rewards are all 1c vendorable grays. What ever happened to cool pets/items that we used to get in previous expansions that made leveling fishing rewarding?
Edited by Trox on 1/5/2011 2:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
yup...the only cool thing i got from doing it everyday was a little crab companion...and that's it.

they should rename that bag into..."bag of crap"
Edited by Impierno on 1/5/2011 2:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Ive often thought about doing the daily in Dalaran for the fishing pole.

That or level my rep with the Walrus people for the other one.

I agree with ya bro

Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Druid
The problem is that the quest is available at-- oh, level 10-- so that's what the rewards are tuned for.

The only reason at all to do the daily is to get those last few skill points.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Yeah the cata fishing dailies are rather lacking. Maybe they will had something to the bag in one of the patches.
Reply Quote
18 Goblin Shaman
01/05/2011 2:46 PMPosted by Eulynn
The problem is that the quest is available at-- oh, level 10-- so that's what the rewards are tuned for.

I'm not sure you could really say the rewards are tuned for level 10s, either. But I agree - it seems to exist only to get those last insane points in fishing
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
I agree, once I hit 85 I'll only do the fishing/cooking daily if I'm bored--and just for guild rep at that.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
01/05/2011 2:46 PMPosted by Eulynn

Nothing fishing-based would be overpowered for a level 10. In fact, the rewards have all been non-combat pets, fishing poles, items that give +fishing, etc. The occasional time you'll get a gray that vendors for 50g, but that could always find a way to scale to level (BOA-type gray perhaps that scales with level, determining how much it would vendor for).

It's not like I want any epics, I just want vanity things that give me a reason to continue doing these dailies. It's these types of things that kept me excited to level fishing in each expansion, and it's this expansion that I feel let down.
Reply Quote
Most of them don't even stack.

I am disappoint.
Reply Quote
The only good thing about the daily now vs in Dalaran, is that it gives you a skill point upon completion. I don't remember the Dalaran dailies doing that, and it's quite handy, since leveling fishing is a chore.
Reply Quote
32 Draenei Shaman
The reward is supposed to be the free +1 skill level, I guess.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Why give a pet when you can buy one from Bliz?
Reply Quote
01/05/2011 2:55 PMPosted by Ekkio
The reward is supposed to be the free +1 skill level, I guess.
That Cataclysm wing of my collection is going to look pathetic.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
The skill point is nice but once I'm 525 I'm not likely to bother.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
01/05/2011 2:52 PMPosted by Yiz
I agree, once I hit 85 I'll only do the fishing/cooking daily if I'm bored--and just for guild rep at that.

I'll be doing the cooking dailies until I have every Cataclysm recipe available from the cooking rewards vendor...
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
01/05/2011 3:06 PMPosted by Wenry

I'll be doing the cooking dailies until I have every Cataclysm recipe available from the cooking rewards vendor...

I too am planning on doing the cooking and JC daily everyday, but the fishing daily just doesn't offer anything worth my time to complete it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
01/05/2011 2:44 PMPosted by Impierno
"bag of crap"

/agreed
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
01/05/2011 2:44 PMPosted by Impierno
they should rename that bag into..."bag of crap"

Well, it's called, "Bag of Shiny Things". For what I get out of it, I usually replace the 'n' in Shiny with two 't's...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I got a crab pet once. Still waiting on a second drop that's not completely useless.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]