Agility for Prot

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I pretty much have zero agility gear but I often wonder about the trade off between Str / threat and Agi / avoidance. In most boss fights currently I have no problems keeping a strong threat lead on dps - this may change as dps get more geared of course - but it seems like I could squeeze a little more avoidance into my gear with some of the comparative gear with Agi instead of Str (same Stam, same other stats). On the other hand, every time I've looked at it, it seems to be a very low % of Dodge so I'm not sure it is a good trade off.

How many folks are sprinkling some Agi gear into their mix?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
0%, You Would see more out of strength then you would out of Agility since it would increse your parry and your threat. Dodge gives you more avoidance than agility per point.
Edited by Steves on 12/31/2010 9:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
no

and no.

considering there is no agi plate in cata....

the reason for agi gems during wrath was due to the fact that in addition to providing dodge it also provided armor making it better then dodge/stam (then a purple gem) or strength/stam gems. the reasons for agi weapons? there were no 2.6 weapons in the game with strength other then the obviously broken Broken Promise it doesn't give you armor anymore, therefor whats the point? leave it for druids.

if you want dodge. gem dodge. agility is only about 75% as effective as pure dodge.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
no

and no.

considering there is no agi plate in cata....

the reason for agi gems during wrath was due to the fact that in addition to providing dodge it also provided armor making it better then dodge/stam (then a purple gem) or strength/stam gems. the reasons for agi weapons? there were no 2.6 weapons in the game with strength other then the obviously broken Broken Promise it doesn't give you armor anymore, therefor whats the point? leave it for druids.

if you want dodge. gem dodge. agility is only about 75% as effective as pure dodge.

QFT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]