Disconnecting while minimized intended?

(Locked)

Yeah I've noticed this happening to me as well. I thought it was just me. Maybe my connection wasn't good enough or something.
I MUST have WoW max'd if I'm zoning or on a FP or I'll get kicked.
100 Undead Warlock
01/04/2011 12:57 AMPosted by Zeues
odd, i always run in windowed mode, and have never had an issue.

it seems to only be an issue when the game is fully maximized
85 Dwarf Paladin
It happens when I land from an FP or when their is a loading screen.
100 Draenei Warrior
Having the same problem ( disconnect on flight path or loading screen ) if tabbed away.
Yes on fullscreen.

Just a side note, saying "switch to windowed to fix it" is like your car shaking and turning off when ever your turn left and your mechanic telling you not to turn left. lol
01/03/2011 03:49 PMPosted by Houndizzle
its called windowed mode

It's called annoying.
100 Night Elf Druid
01/01/2011 09:30 PMPosted by Bridius
This has been happening for a couple months now so I'm just wondering if this is intended? I'm thinking it's a way to create incentive to keep the game maximized.
I invariably am disconnected when I fly to a major city and am tabbed out when I arrive. This has been going on for as long as I can remember.
97 Gnome Mage
last night I was DCing every time any of my toons took a boat or zepplin and just arrived at their destination.
100 Human Hunter
01/01/2011 09:38 PMPosted by Spoil
I'll just assume it's a bug, as it almost always happens to me if I zone or log in or land after a taxi flight if I'm minimized. There have been a few patches since 4.0 that supposedly addressed "disconnection issues" but as of yet none have fixed mine.

Yep, this happens to me frequently. If I take a long taxi flight and minimize to read the forums or something, I'll come back and be disconnected.

Also, I get disconnected quite often when switching toons.
35 Troll Priest
It's a known bug. Blizzard is working on it.

You should know that the more bandwidth you are using while tabbed out, the more likely you are to disconnect.
Edited by Ubari on 5/6/2011 11:53 AM PDT
Community Manager
Please don't practice forum Archeology. If you need assistance with a technical issue visit the Technical Support forum http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011701/ .
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]