Here's our finished HORDE bathroom remodel!!

85 Blood Elf Mage
Weapons on the wall by the toilet..

You never know when some alliance will pop in while your dropping a deuce.. Good thing you will be prepared.
Who says it will lower the resale value?

Didn't the star trek apartment guy sell it for like 1 million pounds (normally went for like 200K or something like that).

Pics:
http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2010/05/20/star-trek-apartment/
85 Draenei Shaman
01/02/2011 4:49 PMPosted by Winterhoof
Every alliance will hate it.

I freakin love it! lol
82 Tauren Druid
You and your wife win the 100 internetz! That is outstanding! Your wife truly is a gifted artist!
Can I come over to use your bathroom? :) Will it fit a Tauren? :)
82 Tauren Druid
01/05/2011 12:42 PMPosted by Karolik
Weapons on the wall by the toilet..

You never know when some alliance will pop in while your dropping a deuce.. Good thing you will be prepared.

You never know when a sillithid or a snake might come up through the plumbing...
01/02/2011 4:44 PMPosted by Shadue
There goes the resale value of your house...

It's not a house.

It's a home.
90 Worgen Warlock
Very cool. I love the lighting fixtures, the flooring, and the awesome door the most, but the entire design just looks awesome.
Nice! I turned our second guest room upstairs into a Silvermoon City themed lounge & conservatory, though it was definitely more a case of redecorating than the outright renovating you show. Maybe I'll post pics sometime soon.

Jairen, I hope you do post. I'd LOVE to see your creativity displayed!! C'mon, share the fun. . . .

And thank you, Hyzenthia, for your kind words (I'll send $5 right along :) ).

Let's all have fun, and let's live and let live :)
When I first read that you had done a "Horde" bathroom I thought OH NO!

i think that you did a great job. What creative imaginative people you are. Handy too!

To those that are worried about reseal value, ppfft. it wouldn't take that much to "unhorde" the room and make it into a very classic, classy looking bathroom and I'm sure that these two could do that in a matter of days.

90 Dwarf Priest
Awesome bathroom!

01/05/2011 12:42 PMPosted by Merdas

http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2010/05/20/star-trek-apartment/

Whoa, I would die to live in that apartment!
Merdas,
Thank you so much for posting that link--THAT place is TREMENDOUS!! My wife is also a big Star Trek: The Next Generation fan, and she was drooling all over my keyboard as we looked at the shots. . . .(I hope she's not making plans already for our next project!!).

To be completely honest, we've had the weapons for a long time; we frequent Renaissance Faires and before that, I was an avid AD&D gamer for about 20 years. We decided to include some of the weapons to liven up the decorative scheme. :)

Thanks, again, everyone, for contributing to the forum; we're having a great time reading all the feedback. 8-)
90 Troll Shaman
Thralls Balls, why did someone report this? Good job, I likey.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Wow. I want to use your bathroom=3
90 Tauren Druid
01/02/2011 4:44 PMPosted by Shadue
There goes the resale value of your house...

Or if they find the right buyer...
That's some impressive work if you did it yourself.
85 Human Mage
Come do my bathroom please!!!! :)

Congrats on you and your wife also. Hope you always have a happy marriage!!
85 Goblin Mage
http://s1090.photobucket.com/albums/i378/Leofwynn/?action=view&current=UpstairsBath--48.jpg

The chick who commented on this picture is going to get a lot of 5476 pictures I bet.
Edited by Horrorcaust on 1/5/2011 1:48 PM PST
85 Night Elf Rogue
Pure, unadulterated awesomesauce!
Not my taste, but your wife is a very talented artist.

Edit, to say our master bath isn't a white-walled boring room. When we moved in, we took up the linoleum, which had been covered with genuinely hideous orange stick-on plastic tiles, and installed some slate. The slate is sort of a purplish stone with yellow and silver and black highlights, it's hard to describe but looks nice, the yellow accents agree with the maple cabinets. Sort of surprised my husband agreed that it was the best choice, but hey, who am I to argue. Grouted with grey sanded grout, and painted the walls a similar light grey. Around the garden tub, we used the same slate, but cut it into smaller pieces (ok, we didn't have enough to use whole pieces at that point, had plenty of scrap though), which allowed us to accent with the glass tile I really wanted but couldn't justify paying $20 / sqft for. I worry the purple slate may be too specific of a choice when it comes to resale, but it looks really nice in the room.

The other full bath also had linoleum, which we replaced with smaller unfilled (originally) travertine in golden colors. Filled the tiles and grout lines with cream sanded grout, painted the walls a light milk chocolate, same maple cabinets. Pop of color with an earth-toned bathmat, keeping it spa-like with white shower curtain and towels.
Edited by Skifte on 1/5/2011 2:04 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]