Help with a shaman weapon buff macro.

85 Goblin Shaman
So I'm currently trying to set up a macro so I can switch frostbrand and flametongue quickly as needed in PvP i'm using these macro's.
#showtooltip
/cast Flametongue Weapon
/use 17

And the same for frostbrand, however, the use 17 doesn't seem to do anything as if both weapons are buffed it always casts frostbrand on my mainhand. Is there a different macro I could use that will make it not do that?
Reply Quote
10 Human Hunter
I'm not sure you can do Shaman weapon buffs that way, that looks like a modified Rogue Poison macro but Rogue poisons work differently.
Edited by Deadlykris on 1/2/2011 7:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Yes you cannot do this with shaman. I think the spell works like this:

If mainhand not enchanted, apply to mainhand
Else
If offhand not enchanted, apply to offhand
Else
If same buff already on a weapon, reapply to one with shortest duration
Else
Apply to mainhand

So if you want to apply a specific buff to mainhand and a different one to offhand, and you have no buffs applied, you can do:
/castsequence Mainhandenchant, Offhandenchant

I use this macro as enhance:
/castsequence reset=10 Flametongue Weapon, Flametongue Weapon, Windfury Weapon, Riptide

This just makes sure that it never enchants my offhand with windfury

If you want to change your offhand enchant while you already have your mainhand enchanted, you have to click off your offhand buff. ATM I don't think there's any way to cancel your offhand buff with a macro, so you're out of luck.
Edited by Traitoro on 1/3/2011 2:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
/cast [@none] Flametongue Weapon will highlight your cursor, allowing you to click the desired weapon.
/use 16 = main hand 17 = off hand
A window will pop up asking to confirm replacing old weapon enchant
/click StaticPopup1Button1 will automatically accept
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Pallyguy's absolutely right, this works fabulously. Made 2 of them, one for Windfury MH and one for Flametongue OH and my Enh shammy is ready to roll, and I don't have to worry about getting the wrong cast on the wrong weapon anymore. Great job, and thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
#showtooltip
/castsequence [nomodifier] reset=5 Windfury Weapon, Flametongue Weapon; [modifier:alt] reset=5 Windfury Weapon, Frostbrand Weapon;
/castsequence reset=5 16, 17;

This is the macro i use for my shammy. You can just switch out the modifier and the buffs and it works fine. 2 clicks to get both buffs. I couldn't get it to replace buffs that were already up so it only works if u have no buffs onI made it by editing a macro i found on the site below.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Useful_Macros_for_Shamans
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Pallyguy you are a freakin genius.

using your logic i came up with this. it works perfectly, even with an already active buff.
#showtooltip [nomod] Frostbrand Weapon; [mod] Flametongue Weapon
/cast [button:1, @none] Frostbrand Weapon; [button:2, @none] Flametongue Weapon
/use 17
/click StaticPopup1Button1

and you still have 71 extra characters to play around with if you really want to :p

basically regular click to buff with frostbrand right click to go to flametongue
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
with these two macros, have no risk to put the spell in the wrong macro ;)

#showtooltip
/cast [@none] Windfury Weapon
/use16

#showtooltip
/cast [@none, nomod] Frostbrand Weapon
/use [nomod]17
/click [nomod] StaticPopup1Button1
/cast [@none, mod:shift] Flametongue Weapon
/use [mod:shift]17
/click [mod:shift] StaticPopup1Button1
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Won't let me post on my main... Anyway I use FlyoutButton Custom, which lets me make flyout menus like the ones that totems and weapon imbues have, so I replaced the weapon imbues one with macros I made that look like this:

/cast [@none] Flametongue Weapon
/use [btn:1] 16; 17

Of course swap Flametongue in there for each of the imbues, and you have the whole list. Left click applies MH, right click applies OH.

On my actionbar itself I have my main macro for PvE, which looks like:

/cast [@none,btn:1] Windfury Weapon; [@none] Flametongue Weapon
/use [btn:1] 16; 17

Works like a charm, and it's relatively short. Best part is no worrying about modifiers. Just click left for Windfury on your MH, click right for Flametongue on your OH, regardless of existing buffs.
Edited by Morrivar on 1/11/2014 8:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
01/11/2014 08:31 PMPosted by Morrivar
Won't let me post on my main...

Please check the date of the last post before replying. This thread is 6 months old.

Edit: Sheesh, this thread has been necro'd more than <insert crude metaphore here>.
Edited by Steelfistv on 1/11/2014 9:21 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]