So you just hit 85? A starter tank gear guide

(Locked)

Great guide. Been having some trouble with heroics, and this guide helped me find a couple pieces of gear I need to pick up.
100 Human Paladin
No fresh 85 is gonna check page 3 :P

bump to page 1 :P
84 Worgen Warrior
This will be very handy, thanks!
90 Draenei Paladin
Bracers

Ideal: Terborus's Rotating Bands
Source: BoE off a rare spawn in deepholm. Occasionally see them on the AH. Good luck. Item level 346

Backup: Alpha Bracers
Source: Dropped by Anraphet in norm Halls of Origination. Item level 333

Another good wrist slot is Armguards of Unearthly Light dropped by Isiset in norm Halls of Origination. ilvl 333

Edit: never drops for me except when some dps warrior thinks he can role on tank gear...
Edited by Akos on 1/12/2011 12:46 PM PST
85 Worgen Death Knight
Very useful, haven't hit 85 yet but once i do ill know exactly what items i should be trying to get
100 Human Paladin
Another good wrist slot is Armguards of Unearthly Light dropped by Isiset in norm Halls of Origination. ilvl 333

Edit: never drops for me except when some dps warrior thinks he can role on tank gear...

not sure how i missed those lol, ty :)

Running out of room on the posts at this point but it let me add that one to the bracer section :)

cheers.
85 Human Paladin
This is a good guide, thanks!

As a healer I'm working on a tanking set, and gaining rep and tanking gear that no one wants from heroics has helped as well. Actually I spent alot of time getting exalted in all factions for healer stuff, so rep tanking gear just came naturally. I'm spending extra justice points on gear as well.
100 Human Paladin
bump from page 3
85 Orc Warrior
Bump for future use
100 Human Paladin
bump from page 3 :)
100 Human Paladin
another page 3 bump :P
85 Orc Warrior
bump for current use
100 Human Paladin
requisite page 3 bump
stick this one, and thumbs up for all posts
I just wanted to thank you and say how helpful this has been to me, i was solely a MsPVP up until recently - my guild leader told me to begin gearing as a tank for future raids, so I've had to start from the bottom and work my way up.
This made it so much easier <3
85 Worgen Death Knight
This guide has been a huge help to me. I was very reassured to find that a lot of the gear I already had was what I needed, and that was all I needed to know.

Thanks so much for this.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Great guide, very informative. Will keep it noted for future use. Thanks a lot. =D
Edited by Aeriez on 1/20/2011 10:04 PM PST
85 Worgen Death Knight
Very great guide, thank you.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]